Summer Transfer Window 2022

Loxstock92

The league is getting stronger.

Haaland and other top players joining this summer we need a top CB.

We also need to convert some of our losses into points so we need athleticism, strength and composure in the middle of the park.

1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

Completely agree

Spend the same money but on less players 

It’s about upgrading what we have and shipping out what is not. The subs bench will be youth and rotation with the aim of a higher calibre XI 

Just now, VillaParkAvenue said:

I’m less keen on Phillips after how he’s looked after the latest injury. Not convinced he is the same player without Bielsa’s training.

It was probably Bielsa's training that caused the injury, he runs his teams into the ground.

• Like 1

Just now, VillaParkAvenue said:

I’m less keen on Phillips after how he’s looked after the latest injury. Not convinced he is the same player without Bielsa’s training.

Think he'll go to West Ham personally as I have a feeling Rice will go to Chelsea or United. If the Boubacar Kamara links are genuine then that seems a potentially better option. 

1 minute ago, VillaParkAvenue said:

England’s player of the tournament last summer, I don’t think he’s lost it but will take time to get back up to speed - like little Phil. 

Just now, wict01 said:

Think he'll go to West Ham personally as I have a feeling Rice will go to Chelsea or United. If the Boubacar Kamara links are genuine then that seems a potentially better option. 

Both. (Please)

5 hours ago, HalfTimePost said:

So you'd what, sell both Konsa and Mings (plus Targett and Guilbert) with loans for Chrisene & KKH and buy 2 new starting CBs with backups at RB and LB?

Or are you selling Cash and Digne too?

As none of them can become backups.

I disagree with your first bit. You buy players to compete that (as I said) eventually end up demoting your starters. Ming's and Digne will both be 30, you buy young players for both positions that can compete now and eventually will be better than them

The new full backs would be outright competition just as Chambers is currently outright competition.

3 minutes ago, Okonokos said:

Boubacar Kamara or Ibrahim Sangare.

Either or these is exactly what we need.

Doucoure still got the best stats but no club ever seems to want to take a punt.

14 minutes ago, AshVilla said:

Josh Brownhill lol.

He must be the most useless centre midfielder in the Premier League, he does nothing except he just holds his position in centre midfield

• Like 1

1 hour ago, VillaParkAvenue said:

Gerrard in a Sky interview speaks about the summer: 

"We have got a lot of volume here, so I see it as more about quality than quantity," he says of the summer ahead. "I don't think we need to go and rip everything up and start again.
/…/
”I don't think we need numbers. We've already got a lot of options. But there are areas of the team where we would like to add some quality because we think that can help us take huge strides."

That can’t be right, I’ve been told by the knowledgable chaps on here Gerrard wants a massive rebuild.