Summer Transfer Window 2022

Loxstock92

1 minute ago, Steero113 said:

Have you contemplated the idea that Wijnaldum just might not suit the PSG system? Or might just be having a poor season? Messi is looking fairly shite compared to Barca Messi, are we going to turn our noses up at him? Neymar's not been at the races this year, we turning him down too? Have his legs and lungs gone now he's turned the big three-0h?

31 and his 'legs and lungs' have gone. 🤣

Don't talk sense please. It is not allowed. 

• Like 1

Just now, Steero113 said:

Have you contemplated the idea that Wijnaldum just might not suit the PSG system? Or might just be having a poor season? Messi is looking fairly shite compared to Barca Messi, are we going to turn our noses up at him? Neymar's not been at the races this year, we turning him down too? Have his legs and lungs gone now he's turned the big three-0h?

31 and his 'legs and lungs' have gone. 🤣

Wow.

Loads of 35+ players who still perform very well, not an age thing necessearily. Maybe it's just him?

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

Why on earth does it matter how he has got on at that mess of a club PSG this season. I've seen him captaining Liverpool less than a year ago in the system we play. He hasn't suddenly lost all his ability in that space of time. I have seen how much of a mess PSG is, turning Messi into poo. A front 3 who do absolutely nothing out of possession. 

Players are now only as good as their recent form, a massive body of work in the right system in the right League is now irrelevant.

My brain hurts on this forum. Even low levels of simple intelligence absent 

No one is claiming that. I said he's lost a step. That added with the age and salary means I'm not keen.

As for that last part

Edited by sne

1 minute ago, sne said:

Wow.

Loads of 35+ players who still perform very well, not an age thing necessearily. Maybe it's just him?

Not having a go, just think you don't lose world class ability overnight. 

Pirlo was judged to have "lost it" at 32. 

Turned out well for AC Milan that. 

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, sne said:

Again, have you watched him for PSG?

Have you watched Suarez for Madrid this season?

Yes but he did something in the Premier League a few years ago. 

Struggling in these so called weaker leagues but will thrive because they did in the Premier League before

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, sne said:

No one is claiming that. I said he's lost a step. That added with the age and salary means I'm not keen.

As for that last part

Turned down his dream transfer to Barcelona to take more money at PSG to retire

38 minutes ago, Steero113 said:

Pirlo was not a player who needed to run though, thats pretty much Wijnaldum game is pressing

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Turned down his dream transfer to Barcelona to take more money at PSG to retire

That article from last summer where one of "his friends" told Le'Equipe that he was worned out and that his best years were behind him turned out prett accurate. 

45 minutes ago, Steero113 said:

You absolutely can though. He wouldn't be the first player to suffer a massive dropoff after reaching a certain age and he certainly won't be the last.

3 minutes ago, Laughable Chimp said:

You absolutely can though. He wouldn't be the first player to suffer a massive dropoff after reaching a certain age and he certainly won't be the last.

better players as well have dropped off like Fabregas, Rooney and maybe Torres being the most dramatic of all

2 of them pace wasnt even a main part of the game

The problem I have with Wijnaldum is so much of his game relies on his athleticism. At his best he is relentless working box 2 box, with good pace, and getting into the box. We have many midfielders (including our current best prospect) that do this, and Wijnaldum probably only has 2 season left till his dynamism drops off a cliff! For me it's not a wise signing.

Pirlo was all about his awareness, vision, and passing ability. Never relied on pace or workrate. He is about being in the right place at the right time (while sat in front of the back 4), and pinging visionary passes on a six pence.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Philosopher said:

The problem I have with Wijnaldum is so much of his game relies on his athleticism. At his best he is relentless working box 2 box, with good pace, and getting into the box. We have many midfielders (including our current best prospect) that do this, and Wijnaldum probably only has 2 season left till his dynamism drops off a cliff! For me it's not a wise signing.

Pirlo was all about his awareness, vision, and passing ability. Never relied on pace or workrate. He is about being in the right place at the right time (while sat in front of the back 4), and pinging visionary passes on a six pence.

Yeah, was a decent player at Liverpool but just feels too old now and he's barely played at PSG so that's not good optics for guy in his 30s.

Also not sure why we want to add another 8 into the mix given he's not really a DM.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bannedfromHandV said:

If we’re looking at a midfielder from Brighton it should be Caicedo over Bissouma, he looks mint! First time I’ve noticed him to be honest.

He has been very good of late.

Edited by sparrow1988

That Ekrem Konur has a reputation for being very unreliable, so wouldn't read too much into him saying we want Lingard or that we're offering Ings a new deal. They just seem to either repeat others rumours, or make random stuff up.

8 hours ago, bannedfromHandV said:

If we’re looking at a midfielder from Brighton it should be Caicedo over Bissouma, he looks mint! First time I’ve noticed him to be honest.

He has definitely more about him than Bissouma

Issue is we need to find these players before Brighton or Southampton