Summer Transfer Window 2022

Loxstock92

3 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Really? his 2022 scoring is poor. I like Dennis but don’t think he’s better than Watkins or Ings, so it’s a no from me just somebody who is average to be honest.

Your basing this on his goal scoring record this season?  By your logic we wouldn't have went near Jota when he played for Wolves, he never got into double figures for them.  

40 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

Under Smith he was injured. I hate people bringing Smith up. He was playing when fully fit. Under Gerrard JJ and McGinn have been fit when Sanson has he can't get in ahead of them. Gerrard said he was doing so well on training for so long he has to start him. Sadly he moved Mcginn to 6 the same game.

If we had an injury to McGinn or JJ l, Sanson is capable player to play without significant drop off. 

Do you think that Sanson wants to be back up? I dont

40 minutes ago, duke313 said:

Your basing this on his goal scoring record this season?  By your logic we wouldn't have went near Jota when he played for Wolves, he never got into double figures for them.  

No basing it on 14 league goals in the last 4 seasons. Basing on watching him play and while he’s ok doesn’t seem as good as what we already have.  So combining my eyes view and the stats, it’s a no from me.

8 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Do you think that Sanson wants to be back up? I dont

I don't want any player to want to be backup. I want players who are determined to impress when they get their chance and make it hard for them to be dropped.

It's unlikely an offer comes in for Sanson that would make us sell him. Especially with Luiz and Carney both off in summer most likely. 

So he'll need to knuckle down (like he clearly has been in training) and force himself into the team. A new season and he could benefit from an injury to JJ or McGinn and be starting. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

I don't want any player to want to be backup. I want players who are determined to impress when they get their chance and make it hard for them to be dropped.

It's unlikely an offer comes in for Sanson that would make us sell him. Especially with Luiz and Carney both off in summer most likely. 

So he'll need to knuckle down (like he clearly has been in training) and force himself into the team. A new season and he could benefit from an injury to JJ or McGinn and be starting. 

He’s very admired in France, so we might have suitors from there but the financial issues there would be the only stumbling block. I reckon he won’t be happy at the moment, I’d be surprised if he’s here next season.

CBA reading all of this thread, but I wouldn't be buying anyone attacking unless we sell players first.  Due to the difference in style between Smith and Gerrard, we have a very bloated squad in attacking areas IMO.

The only real recruits should be a centre back and maybe the fabled DM if we're to play with a proper one.

15 hours ago, VillaParkAvenue said:

Just read on one of the player salary sites that Hause new contract makes him one of Villa’s highest paid players with £4.16m per year. I suspect they added a zero by mistake. Either that or his agent is a world class negotiator.

15 hours ago, thabucks said:

Read similar somewhere - had him listed as in £80k pw 😳… 

On 30/09/2021 at 00:37, Tomaszk said:

If his agent is worth any salt he'll be asking for money level with some of the top earners when we got promoted. I would guess 70-80k a week.

;)

Wages are beyond silly these days.

With FFP restrictions stitching the game up, we absolutely cannot get any 'big' signings wrong.

Another reason getting a manager with near on no use for Bailey was very silly. He hasn't impressed much at all really but I think he's very talented.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, MrSmirch said:

I'd much rather we cash in on Watkins and McGinn than Bailey and Sanson. 

I see it the other way myself. I don't think Sanson or Bailey have done enough this season to impress SG, but we would be likely to lose a substantial amount on what we spent on them, if we sold either so they could stay for that reason. I think SG likes McGinn a lot, so I think that he will be unlikely to move. Watkins has not maintained his form of last season, but I think that we would need to receive an offer of £40-45m to consider letting a young striker who is on the fringe of the England squad go. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, nick76 said:

With some of the clubs seriously interested I assume he’ll be only interested in CL clubs

We’d have to basically blow every other club out of the water and offer him at least £150k a week. 

When I say blow every other club out of the water, I imagine £65-70m. Even then it’s doubtful! 

• Like 1

We need some serious due dilligence, for the summer scouting.....but the World cup will surely throw a spanner in the works, in relation to time?

unless we strike quickly and shrewdly.

I see a real danger of wasting money again....and hoping, I am wrong.

factors to consider:

• How do we sign a class player from a team, where he is doing well, why would they let him go?
  • How do we reconcile a lower table position?...where's the attraction?
  • Most teams only let go, when players are no good for them, so we have to gamble that they play well for us.
  • 2 of the best centre backs in our history, were only secured, because they had issues....Laursen & McGrath.
  • Maybe we need to fish, where not many others are pitching.
  • Pigs in pokes are so very, very easy to stumble on....don't we know?
  • I can't see us raising much money from sales.
  • I am relying heavily on the reputation of SG to negate some of the above, whether that's reasonable, time will tell.
Edited by TRO

I think we'll see a massive clearout this summer.  Not neccesarily first team players although a few will likely be sold.  I can see as many as 10 players moved on if we can sell them and maybe 4 incomings. 

1 hour ago, UpTheVilla26 said:

Won't happen, but up top, I'd be asking Torino to name their price for Belotti. 

And Gleison Bremer, but that also won't happen sadly.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, PaulC said:

I think we'll see a massive clearout this summer.  Not neccesarily first team players although a few will likely be sold.  I can see as many as 10 players moved on if we can sell them and maybe 4 incomings. 

I'm inclined to agree.

There's a mental weakness throughout much of the first team and bench, players use to losing or not playing. 

The level of player needs to change drastically in terms of physical ability and mental focus if we are to have any chance of top seven (Europe) next season.

I'm not attached to any Villa players anymore and surely neither is Gerrard, I'm glad he's getting angry with them (if it's true).

I just want what is best for Villa, the answer is to sign several superior players to improve the first-choice eleven.

Martinez, Cash, Mings, Digne, Luiz, Ramsey, Coutinho and Watkins are good players to focus around so there are three perhaps four first-team places that need filled with superior talent.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, maqroll said:

Is Darwin Nunez a realistic possibility or nah?

He's apparently changing agents at end of season to get him a move to a CL club in major european league. Or Newcastle.

Would've thought he'd have been on Atletico Madrid's radar if they're offloading Suarez and a few others.

5 minutes ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

I'm inclined to agree.

There's a mental weakness throughout much of the first team and bench, players use to losing or not playing. 

The level of player needs to change drastically in terms of physical ability and mental focus if we are to have any chance of top seven (Europe) next season.

I'm not attached to any Villa players anymore and surely neither is Gerrard, I'm glad he's getting angry with them (if it's true).

I just want what is best for Villa, the answer is to sign several superior players to improve the first-choice eleven.

Martinez, Cash, Mings, Digne, Luiz, Ramsey, Coutinho and Watkins are good players to focus around so there are three perhaps four first-team places that need filled with superior talent.

I wonder why we never tried that before