Summer Transfer Window 2022

Loxstock92

8 hours ago, thabucks said:

Read similar somewhere - had him listed as in £80k pw 😳… 

thats what i keep saying in the chuk thread!

the longer he waits the higher the average wage at the club goes, give it another summer with a couple of big signings and then talk money with villa when the other 6 subs sat next to him on the bench all earn £80k a week, perfectly logical

Edited by villa4europe

10 hours ago, Rustibrooks said:

Chris Richards is an interesting shout, I doubt Bayern will end up keeping him so I’d have a look at him definitely.

He's from Birmingham too, so shouldn't be any settling issues. 

• Haha 1

Chris Richards is not a bad shout at all.

Also, we could consider Omar Richards as a back up to Digne. Don’t think Omar Richards has played many games for Bayern this season but was very highly rated at Reading. Still only 24 and would be a lot cheaper than someone like Hickey. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, duke313 said:

If we are looking for a forward in the summer, and if Watford get relegated, Emmanuel Dennis could be a useful signing, and would be relatively cheap.

His record in 2022 is as bad as Watkins and Ings. Seems teams have caught onto him

He does have 1 goal in 2022, no surprises who it was against 🙄

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

28 minutes ago, Zatman said:

His record in 2022 is as bad as Watkins and Ings. Seems teams have caught onto him

He does have 1 goal in 2022, no surprises who it was against 🙄

We need to be looking at more than just the one dimensional goals scored.  Dennis has some of the best pressing stats in Europe's top 5 leagues.

4 minutes ago, duke313 said:

We need to be looking at more than just the one dimensional goals scored.  Dennis has some of the best pressing stats in Europe's top 5 leagues.

but dont we have Watkins for that? we need players that can score goals.  If we had players across the team that score plenty of goals then fine but we have a lot of creators, we have some pressing players and while more pressing will create more opportunities we need more scoring from more areas.

7 minutes ago, nick76 said:

but dont we have Watkins for that? we need players that can score goals.  If we had players across the team that score plenty of goals then fine but we have a lot of creators, we have some pressing players and while more pressing will create more opportunities we need more scoring from more areas.

Wouldn't it be good to have another? We need a player that can press AND score goals.

5 minutes ago, duke313 said:

Wouldn't it be good to have another? We need a player that can press AND score goals.

Yeah but as Zatman said he seems to have been found out so it’s a player. Bit like Watkins that is more pressing and less goals.  We need some players that score.

32 minutes ago, duke313 said:

He hasn’t shown enough for me to want to sign him.

Next time we sign a striker it should be for first choice

• Like 1

23 hours ago, villa4europe said:

And gomez record is worse, I don't think Liverpool are even trying to bring him back, he can't get sniff for them

Apart from playing in the Champions League last week and providing a wonderful assist for Jota's goal.

Edited by jim

13 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Yeah but as Zatman said he seems to have been found out so it’s a player. Bit like Watkins that is more pressing and less goals.  We need some players that score.

If only it was that simple.

I'd say it's pretty certain Luiz and Traore will be sold.

Luiz will want to be among the top earners at the club if he signs a new deal. He probably knows he has a tough job on his hands getting game time ahead of JJ / McGinn next season. Plus the suiter clubs (like Arsenal / Roma / Spurs) are all desirable clubs to join and will offer good wages, especially in London. We probably don't want to be paying Luiz top money when he won't be as regular a starter this season and we need to headroom for a new CDM. So the entire situation leads me to believe sale is what will happen here

Sanson will probably stay as he is a capable 8 to compete / cover JJ and McGinn. If Carney stays (which I think is highly unlikely) he is the 4th 8 in the team. Buendia / Coutinho can also play 8 if needed. 

Traore like AEG, Trez etc.. just don't work in the narrow system and will be sold. Bailey could be sold to but I don't think the offers will be right and I feel he might be given a full season to adapt to the Gerrard system, potentially as one of the two forwards in the 4 3 1 2. 

Guilbert and Targett will also be sold as will Davis most likely. That leaves Konsa who has a contract until 2026. He might be loaned out for the season if we sign another CB. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

Sanson will probably stay as he is a capable 8 to compete

Cant believe that he will stay, aside from his injuries neither Smith or Gerrard have played him.  He cant be happy and will probably want out and I dont see Gerrard really bothered about getting in his way.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, nick76 said:

better than wasting money on players that dont score

I believe Dennis would score plenty, if playing in front of the likes of Coutinho or Buendia .  He has a better shot conversion ratio than both Watkins and Ings, he's less wasteful when shooting, and unlike Ings he suits an intense pressing game.  Should we just sign a striker who's scored the most goals?  We signed one that scored 12 last season and 20 the season before.  Or we could spend a fortune on a striker from abroad with a good goal scoring record like Lukaku and hope for the best?

3 minutes ago, duke313 said:

I believe Dennis would score plenty, if playing in front of the likes of Coutinho or Buendia .  He has a better shot conversion ratio than both Watkins and Ings, he's less wasteful when shooting, and unlike Ings he suits an intense pressing game.  Should we just sign a striker who's scored the most goals?  We signed one that scored 12 last season and 20 the season before.  Or we could spend a fortune on a striker from abroad with a good goal scoring record like Lukaku and hope for the best?

Really? his 2022 scoring is poor. I like Dennis but don’t think he’s better than Watkins or Ings, so it’s a no from me just somebody who is average to be honest.

16 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Cant believe that he will stay, aside from his injuries neither Smith or Gerrard have played him.  He cant be happy and will probably want out and I dont see Gerrard really bothered about getting in his way.

Under Smith he was injured. I hate people bringing Smith up. He was playing when fully fit. Under Gerrard JJ and McGinn have been fit when Sanson has he can't get in ahead of them. Gerrard said he was doing so well on training for so long he has to start him. Sadly he moved Mcginn to 6 the same game.

If we had an injury to McGinn or JJ l, Sanson is capable player to play without significant drop off.