Summer Transfer Window 2022

Loxstock92

1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

thats why

liverpool will cut their losses with him because his body is done, they'll replace his role of 4th or 5th choice with a kid or nat phiillips whilst taking someone for too much money for gomez

you know how we laugh about howe taking ibe and the other one for silly money or sheffield taking brewster for £20m? gomez will be even worse, wouldnt surprise me if liverpool expected his transfer value to start with a 3

Can i just say people use to say that about mings when he got that bog injury? We don't know that. Its speculating that hia body is gone.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Can i just say people use to say that about mings when he got that bog injury? We don't know that. Its speculating that hia body is gone.

But we loaned mings for 6 months first! 

We had that safety net 

And gomez record is worse, I don't think Liverpool are even trying to bring him back, he can't get sniff for them

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

But we loaned mings for 6 months first! 

We had that safety net 

And gomez record is worse, I don't think Liverpool are even trying to bring him back, he can't get sniff for them

I mean they do have 3 world class central defenders already for two positions, and Klopp doesn't rotate that often unless he has to.

48 minutes ago, Steero113 said:

Cash has just signed a new deal. 

Buendia is also going absolutely nowhere as we have no idea if Coutinho is signing permanently or not. 

Maybe for cash. Atletico interested. New contracts mean nothing ala grealish.

Buendia has a ? For that reason, sign coutinho and who knows

16 minutes ago, GingerCollins29 said:

Maybe for cash. Atletico interested. New contracts mean nothing ala grealish.

the interest from atletico came 2 weeks before cash signed his new deal

sounds like his agent doing what they do, simeone probably doesnt even know who he is

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, delboy54 said:

For just a change I would love to have some stability and just buy the odd player

We can do that and remain in mid-table forever. Only teams like liverpool and city can consider buying the odd player, the rest need to evolve.

1 minute ago, villa4europe said:

the interest from atletico came 2 weeks before cash signed his new deal

sounds like his agent doing what they do, simeone probably doesnt even know who he is

Why use Atletico and not another English club?

10 minutes ago, duke313 said:

Why use Atletico and not another English club?

Atletico have been linked with about 4 RB's since Trippier left. 

Emerson Royal was also linked 3 days ago. 

https://cartilagefreecaptain.sbnation.com/2022/4/8/23016352/tottenham-hotspur-transfer-news-rumors-emerson-royal-atletico-madrid-quotes

The Cash link is horses**t.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

I think gomez is under rated here. He was godo for plop before his injuries. They ahve some top cbs at liverpool so no shame in him not being able to get in that team.

Konsa for me, is finished here. Sorry but he just doesn't seem to have that mental toughness to take us next level. He has two reds, been at fault for various goals this season. His performance on saturday was patehtic. Mings makes mistakes but at least he doesnt hide away from that. Also he has leadership qualities. I see no leadership in konsa.

Fully agree here. I think Gomez is under rated here because he's not in the Liverpool team. He was though and he has experience in a winning team and winning the PL and CL. He's also young and critically he is a superb passer of the ball and that's clearly key for Gerrard. 

I think Konsa will be sold because he is a saleable asset who has a high ceiling in the right team/system. He has nonexistent passing skills which is key for this team in CB. Also he's right sided CB the position Gomez plays so would be the one to lose his place. So Konsa going on loan/sold looks very likely this window. 

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

Fully agree here. I think Gomez is under rated here because he's not in the Liverpool team. He was though and he has experience in a winning team and winning the PL and CL. He's also young and critically he is a superb passer of the ball and that's clearly key for Gerrard. 

I think Konsa will be sold because he is a saleable asset who has a high ceiling in the right team/system. He has nonexistent passing skills which is key for this team in CB. Also he's right sided CB the position Gomez plays so would be the one to lose his place. So Konsa going on loan/sold looks very likely this window. 

Isn’t he not highly rated because he’s had multiple serious knee and leg injuries? 

Edited by Aston_Villan4
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Aston_Villan4 said:

Isn’t he not highly rated because he’s had multiple serious knee and leg injuries? 

My view on "injury record" is always. The type of injury, was it a "bad luck" one like a broken bone or ruptured tendon/ligament. The common injuries like these players make a full recovery these days. The injuries I worry about are the recurring ones. Like players missing time each season for hamstring or muscle injuries. Always having a niggle type players. 

The next is the amount of knowledge and background checks that clubs do these days on players. Plus the medicals. If there was a worry about a player or a risk it would be factored in. 

• Like 1

Neves had a long spell where he wasn't very good for Wolves, pretty much the whole of last season and much of the season before, I think for a long time he lived on his Championship reputation and Wolves first season back in the Prem, seems he's improved a lot this season, maybe back to his best, but I think if they could get £60m for him that would be a good deal for Wolves and a lot of their fans would agree, albeit won't be ideal for them to lose both him and Moutinho in one summer.

If we wanted a Neves type Bentancur would have been the one, he's better than Neves and more consistent, Spurs got a bargain the price they paid.

10 minutes ago, Aston_Villan4 said:

Yes it's the injuries that are concerning.  I think Konsa has now played more PL matches.  They're both the same age and came through the same system at Charlton interestingly.  I'm happy to sign Gomez but we have to accept it's a bit of a gamble and need to make sure we keep Konsa, Mings and Chambers imo.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

My view on "injury record" is always. The type of injury, was it a "bad luck" one like a broken bone or ruptured tendon/ligament. The common injuries like these players make a full recovery these days. The injuries I worry about are the recurring ones. Like players missing time each season for hamstring or muscle injuries. Always having a niggle type players. 

The next is the amount of knowledge and background checks that clubs do these days on players. Plus the medicals. If there was a worry about a player or a risk it would be factored in. 

20/21 Patella problems Nov 11, 2020 Jun 30, 2021 231 days 39Liverpool FC

18/19 Ankle Surgery Dec 5, 2018 Apr 8, 2019 124 days 23Liverpool FC

17/18 Ankle Surgery May 8, 2018 Jul 1, 2018 54 days 2Liverpool FC
17/18 Ankle Injury Mar 23, 2018 Apr 20, 2018 28 days 5Liverpool FC
16/17 Achilles tendon problems Jul 15, 2016 Nov 20, 2016 128 days 15Liverpool FC
15/16 Cruciate Ligament Injury Oct 12, 2015 Jun 2, 2016 234 days 52Liverpool FC

Knee and ankle seem to be the issue areas. The amount of football he's missed already for such a young-ish player is a massive red flag for me. Especially since he's only played a total of 27 games of football in total since he returned from his latest injury. 

• Like 1