Summer Transfer Window 2022

Loxstock92

16 minutes ago, IrishVilla10 said:

All bale cares about is golf and Wales. Is on 300k a week so isn’t going to take a 150/200k cut to join a mid table side. What’s going to motivate him 

He's on over 500k a week, his contract is up this summer.

We are close to Wales and a good golf course ;)

I still think he has a lot to offer for a couple of years for a club like our playing as a striker as you saw at Spurs last season.

20 minutes ago, villan_007 said:

Simon Jordan summed it up for me. When you look at overall spend and sales, we haven't spent that much at all, and deserve to be mid table, which we're. 

We've lost four on the spin to teams who are fighting for positions we want to be in.

We've got a unbalanced midfield, a mid table defence and in honesty we've some what spanked the grealish money up the wall.

To push on we need better in the squad. Simple as that.

Third line.... just no, both Buendia and Bailey are class players worth their fees, they are playing in a stupid system (or not playing at all) with no solid basis in midfield to play off.

26 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Yep was fine last season then we hired a clown

I really hope the owners put a stop to the Purslow power trip 

I have no problem with Purslow, I just want Gerrard gone. In fact I would respect Purslow more if he got rid before the window opens.

27 minutes ago, paul514 said:

I have no problem with Purslow, I just want Gerrard gone. In fact I would respect Purslow more if he got rid before the window opens.

I would love if Purslow did it. I think Purslow was OK as a business guy before but the Gerrard love train is shocking 

16 minutes ago, Zatman said:

I would love if Purslow did it. I think Purslow was OK as a business guy before but the Gerrard love train is shocking 

Everyone makes mistakes, but truly good operators recognise them and rectify them quickly  

• Like 1

If is any hope in todays disgrace maybe we can finally decide that Bissouma/Phillips style of donkeys are not the way forward 

Bentancur not wanted by Villa fans on here was miles better than the donkeys the forum fans wanted

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, Zatman said:

If is any hope in todays disgrace maybe we can finally decide that Bissouma/Phillips style of donkeys are not the way forward 

Bentancur not wanted by Villa fans on here was miles better than the donkeys the forum fans wanted

I mean...  Most of Villa Talk only watches Villa play and rate players based on how they perform against us, which is why we had so many clamoring for us to buy Vagner Love, Shane Long, etc. because they played blinders against us but were generally shit against everyone else.  

• Like 2

The Summer window will become a lot harder the further we slide down the league.

These results may not feel that important because we’re safe, but they’ll be damaging the appeal of the club and other players will take notice.

The players in this side are too comfortable losing. Some of them need to be replaced. Good luck finding the players to come in and do it though..

• Like 1

Here's all the Moxley stuff

Large turnover expected, he will have a lot of backing in the market from NSWE but also he will look to generate more cash by moving players out.

A new CB (Gomez), 'commanding midfielder' (Biss) and an A List Striker.

Coutinho wanted permanently. £425k a week wages can't happen. Newcastle also want him.

Ings in particular mooted for a swap deal to Brighton for Bissouma

Safe Players: Cash, Martinez, McGinn, Watkins, Ramsey

At Risk: Konsa, Mings, Luiz, Sanson, Bailey and Ings

Allowed to leave: AEG, Traore, Trezeguet

Edited by HalfTimePost

3 minutes ago, HalfTimePost said:

Here's all the Moxley stuff

Large turnover expected, he will have a lot of backing in the market from NSWE but also he will look to generate more cash by moving players out.

A new CB (Gomez), 'commanding midfielder' (Biss) and an A List Striker.

Coutinho wanted permanently. £425k a week wages can't happen. Newcastle also want him.

Safe Players: Cash, Martinez, McGinn, Watkins, Ramsey

At Risk: Konsa, Mings, Luiz, Sanson, Bailey and Ings

Allowed to leave: AEG, Traore, Trezeguet

Would agree with all of this.  

I could get on board with Ings swap with Bissouma. I'd assume we'd have to add some cash into that deal. The club would probably try and value him at £30m again so probably hoping for £10m + Ings for Bissouma?

Brighton probably value Ings at £20m and Bissouma at £50m so probably looking for £30m+Ings.

I think if we can land somewhere around £15m + Ings I'd be happy. Maybe £20m at a push

• Like 1

Just now, sne said:

So the midfield would be Ramsey, McGinn & Bissouma? 

Good luck keeping the ball, those 3 are a terrible fit.

I think he means they're safe from being sold. I agree if that's the midfield we'd be in trouble. But I assume if Luiz and Sanson are sold then those three are options with an actual DM (+Nakamba? Wasn't mentioned) and 2 of them play with the DM. As options competing, they are strong options with Carney + Tim too. 

All hinges on the mythical DM

1 minute ago, HalfTimePost said:

I think he means they're safe from being sold. I agree if that's the midfield we'd be in trouble. But I assume if Luiz and Sanson are sold then those three are options with an actual DM (+Nakamba? Wasn't mentioned) and 2 of them play with the DM. As options competing, they are strong options with Carney + Tim too. 

All hinges on the mythical DM

That DM would need to be a playmaker rather than a destroyer if any combination of these players are going to work. Fair enough away at City, but against most teams we hopefully intend to play football.

Nakamba, McGinn, Ramsey, Bissouma + DCM. Not a lot of composure or passing ability there unless the DCM is more of a Bentancour type. And the fans on here didn't want someone like him.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, paul514 said:

Third line.... just no, both Buendia and Bailey are class players worth their fees, they are playing in a stupid system (or not playing at all) with no solid basis in midfield to play off.

I disagree. Ings has been really poor. Bailey has been really poor. Buendia has been ok. They may go on to become useful players but their contributions this season have been poor.

You are right about the midfield though. We bought the wrong players in the wrong positions last summer. That’s where we should have focused and we will continue to struggle, no matter who the manager is, until that gets sorted.

33 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

The Summer window will become a lot harder the further we slide down the league.

These results may not feel that important because we’re safe, but they’ll be damaging the appeal of the club and other players will take notice.

The players in this side are too comfortable losing. Some of them need to be replaced. Good luck finding the players to come in and do it though..

Very true. Thinking the season’s over leads to losing even more games which leads to fewer players willing to come. 

16 minutes ago, Stratvillan said:

Would agree with all of this.  

Yeah if this is true I can see why

But also think Gerrard could get more from the likes of Mings, Konsa, Sanson, Ings and Bailey. I agree with the analysis that as it stands they could maybe be moved on - just disappointed to see it go that way with so many talented players.

Perhaps Gerrard would make a great Director of Football instead. 

1 minute ago, VillaParkAvenue said:

Very true. Thinking the season’s over leads to losing even more games which leads to fewer players willing to come. 

Let's hope Joe Gomez has 2nd thoughts then.

4 hours ago, Zatman said:

Bentancur was piss poor in the first half. He couldn't even get the ball off our lame midfield. We were comoletely on top 1st half

He isnt that great. He certainly isnt the dm we need.

7 minutes ago, sne said:

That DM would need to be a playmaker rather than a destroyer if any combination of these players are going to work. Fair enough away at City, but against most teams we hopefully intend to play football.

Nakamba, McGinn, Ramsey, Bissouma + DCM. Not a lot of composure or passing ability there unless the DCM is more of a Bentancour type. And the fans on here didn't want someone like him.

A common idea is the ideal midfield should be a trio of 7ft cavemen who threaten the opposition into submission.