Summer Transfer Window 2022

Loxstock92

7 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Demiral is probably someone we should be looking at if we wanted an upgrade, feels like the sort Leicester would pick up. Excellent in the air and good recovery pace. No idea what fee Atalanta would want for him though.

Haven't we been linked to Hermoso in the past? He's just a sub for Atletico Madrid these days so possible they might loan him out for 12 months or sell him for about 25m.

Demiral is only only on loan but they have the option to buy. They also got 55 million for Romero last summer so probably asking similar

Hermoso still plays a lot of games at Atletico, has played 32 games this season

19 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Demiral is only only on loan but they have the option to buy. They also got 55 million for Romero last summer so probably asking similar

Hermoso still plays a lot of games at Atletico, has played 32 games this season

Well it's Juventus who'll see him so given Bentancur went for 20m he'd probably be in 30m range as Atalanta don't sign players for 40m + unless I've missed an obvious one. Yeah Romero was huge fee but he'd just had an excellent copa for Argentina so that bumped up the price a litte.

Leicester signed Castagne for 20m in September 2020 from Atalanta as reasonably example of good quality international in that range.

2 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Well it's Juventus who'll see him so given Bentancur went for 20m he'd probably be in 30m range as Atalanta don't sign players for 40m + unless I've missed an obvious one. Yeah Romero was huge fee but he'd just had an excellent copa for Argentina so that bumped up the price a litte.

Leicester signed Castagne for 20m in September 2020 from Atalanta as reasonably example of good quality international in that range.

Juventus are pricing Demiral at 35 million apparently with Real Madrid chasing him

• Like 1

3 hours ago, duke313 said:

And yet Milan signed Tomori for £25m, West Ham signed Zouma for £30m.  So it is possible to sign a quality CB for that price.

Don't think Zouma's any better than Mings. Tomori I don't know.

13 minutes ago, lexicon said:

Don't think Zouma's any better than Mings. Tomori I don't know.

Mings didn't get into trouble with the RSPCA, he's a cool cat, rather than a cat beater, so there is no question who the better man is and in my opinion, he's the better player too. ;)

• Like 4

And me, I wouldn't take zouma over mings, konsa is a maybe but not a definite 

Tomori is the same, he's not getting in the England squad ahead of mings is he? I know Southgate is a clown but it's almost like he knows something... 

5 hours ago, VillaParkAvenue said:

That is if we decide to sell Cash to Atletico. He said he’s happy here so no need to sell unless the offer is huge.

Agree 100%. We're not a selling club, you don't move up the PL by selling your better players and Atletico won't offer us much more than £30m tops, if that imo. 

15 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

And me, I wouldn't take zouma over mings, konsa is a maybe but not a definite 

Tomori is the same, he's not getting in the England squad ahead of mings is he? I know Southgate is a clown but it's almost like he knows something... 

Doesn't play in the fancy Premier League. Tomori is the in form English centre half at the moment and signed by Paolo Maldini a guy who might know about defending 

Tomori could play with Mings also as right footed

• Like 1

If McGinn does replace Pogba then I'd move for Wijnaldum and Pape Matar Sarr or Aurélien Tchouameni and we'd probably pocket some too.

Also, how good would it be if Brighton do move for Ings and we go in for Tammy?!

Edited by A'Villan

33 minutes ago, A'Villan said:

If McGinn does replace Pogba then I'd move for Wijnaldum and Pape Matar Sarr or Aurélien Tchouameni and we'd probably pocket some too.

Also, how good would it be if Brighton do move for Ings and we go in for Tammy?!

Pape Matar Sarr is a Spurs player already, not sure how we would be after him.

Tchouameni is almost a done deal to Liverpool from what I understand.  Anyway it was Liverpool, Chelsea and Real Madrid had put in serious discussions with his agent along with a few other elite clubs so I'm not convinced we have any chance there.  The figures quoted were between £40-60m anyway so I'm not sure we'd pocket any cash after your suggestion of McGinn going to Man Utd.

• Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, A'Villan said:

Why would that happen, what benefit would it for Tammy to join Villa. He is in a brilliant environment on and off the pitch

• Like 1

Just now, Zatman said:

Why would that happen, what benefit would it for Tammy to join Villa. He is in a brilliant environment on and off the pitch

Yep, the fish that got away

giphy.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 17/03/2022 at 15:07, Wainy316 said:

Well as it stands, no amount of money in the world can get him.

when he was at Albion, was the time to strike.

7 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Pape Matar Sarr is a Spurs player already, not sure how we would be after him.

Tchouameni is almost a done deal to Liverpool from what I understand.  Anyway it was Liverpool, Chelsea and Real Madrid had put in serious discussions with his agent along with a few other elite clubs so I'm not convinced we have any chance there.  The figures quoted were between £40-60m anyway so I'm not sure we'd pocket any cash after your suggestion of McGinn going to Man Utd.

Spurs have at least four players capable  as DMs they've been happy giving minutes to. 

Sometimes transfers happen to capitalise on the availability of an asset for a certain price.

But you're most likely right.

I was unaware of the clubs in for Tchouameni  so forgive me on that one.

I've never really been Mr current affairs. 

It strikes me, that every player that is doing well elsewhere, is a reason for us to not expect to sign them.

Are we to keep signing potential, in the hope they turn out good for us?

or shall we just give up, and go home.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Zatman said:

He listened last time we spoke about our plans for him.

You're probably right though Roma under Mourinho is an exciting prospect for any young and in form talent.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, A'Villan said:

Spurs have at least four players capable  as DMs they've been happy giving minutes to. 

Sometimes transfers happen to capitalise on the availability of an asset for a certain price.

It baffles me how clubs have as many as 4 DM's as illustrated above and we struggle to find one.

Something, doesn't stack up to me.

Just now, TRO said:

It baffles me how clubs have as many as 4 DM's as illustrated above and we struggle to find one.

Something, doesn't stack up to me.

We've not had any emphasis on that role since before October 2018.

Add to this we are discussing teams that have an almost exclusive choosing of talent as they can offer what other clubs, often can't.

It's rare to find a player who has the ambition to try and take a club to the next level when a ready made ticket is on offer from a club with more clout.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, A'Villan said:

Haven’t Spurs tried to sell Winks to us? If so I’m happy we said no.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, TRO said:

It strikes me, that every player that is doing well elsewhere, is a reason for us to not expect to sign them.

Are we to keep signing potential, in the hope they turn out good for us?

Basically, yes. We can of course sign players who are established as well, but not real top players. Our only chance of having star players is to try and find them on their way up.

• Like 1