Summer Transfer Window 2022

Loxstock92

2 minutes ago, messi11 said:

Gerrard can play other systems you know. 
The system he is playing now doesn't work and is boring

And he has not played other systems despite the players he has. Its always 3 from Coutinho and Buendia or Ollie and Ings

Hardly flexiblw

• Like 1

5 hours ago, messi11 said:

image.thumb.png.66078a2efc4219f1b04151e4d6a75509.png

Ins- Bisouma (25mil), Phillips (50 mil), Coutinho (30 mil) Olsen( 5mil) = 110 Million
Outs- Luiz (20mil), Davis (8mil) El Ghazi (5mil), Trezeguet (5mil), Troare (10mil), Chukwuemeka(10 mil),  = 60 mil
News- Konsa changes his name to Konda due to personal reasons. Villa decide to adopt a more purple looking kit. 

Selling Chukwuemeka for 10m, to be able to buy Phillips for 50 or more likely 60, should be enough to put a sporting director in front of the international criminal court in The Hague.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

I would love to see us bring in Frank Kessie as a DM. Probably cost a fraction of Phillips or Bissouma. 

We should also be looking at potential in that position. The likes of Florentino Luis, Jose Gragera, Mohamed Camara. 

We never seem the type of club that takes a punt on a 'foreign' based player that comes good. Leicester do it all the time - Kante, Ndidi, Soumare. When we do, they are either injured all the time - like Bailey - or get stuck on the bench, like Sanson (who I believe should be starting every game). 

• Like 2

I feel like we do not need any big names, I look at Everton and that prospect worries me.

We need players that are competitive and bring quality to the first team.

We will see what type of manager Gerrard is if he tries to sign Wijnaldum & Suarez.. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, UpTheVilla26 said:

I would love to see us bring in Frank Kessie as a DM. Probably cost a fraction of Phillips or Bissouma. 

We should also be looking at potential in that position. The likes of Florentino Luis, Jose Gragera, Mohamed Camara. 

We never seem the type of club that takes a punt on a 'foreign' based player that comes good. Leicester do it all the time - Kante, Ndidi, Soumare. When we do, they are either injured all the time - like Bailey - or get stuck on the bench, like Sanson (who I believe should be starting every game). 

Kessie has agreed to sigb for Barcelona, he also isnt a DM

• Like 1

8 hours ago, messi11 said:

image.thumb.png.66078a2efc4219f1b04151e4d6a75509.png

Ins- Bisouma (25mil), Phillips (50 mil), Coutinho (30 mil) Olsen( 5mil) = 110 Million
Outs- Luiz (20mil), Davis (8mil) El Ghazi (5mil), Trezeguet (5mil), Troare (10mil), Chukwuemeka(10 mil),  = 60 mil
News- Konsa changes his name to Konda due to personal reasons. Villa decide to adopt a more purple looking kit. 

£10m for an 18 year old who's never started a league game is a bit generous.  Apparently he's worth half the price of a Brazilian international with over 100 appearances for the club.

4 minutes ago, duke313 said:

£10m for an 18 year old who's never started a league game is a bit generous.  Apparently he's worth half the price of a Brazilian international with over 100 appearances for the club.

He has started a game, he is the youngest player to start a league game this season 

2 minutes ago, duke313 said:

Bellingham went for 25 million after only a season in the Championship.

It's not about what you have done, it's what you can do that dictates your price. A young player's future ability is very uncertain, but that uncertainty works both ways. You don't know whether you have the next world class talent on your hands or a guy who's future is in the lower leagues. All you really have is the judgement of some scouts and sometimes, that's enough for some clubs to gamble on you and pay big money. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Zatman said:

He has started a game, he is the youngest player to start a league game this season 

I stand corrected then, he's made 1 start.

9 minutes ago, Laughable Chimp said:

It's not about what you have done, it's what you can do that dictates your price. A young player's future ability is very uncertain, but that uncertainty works both ways. You don't know whether you have the next world class talent on your hands or a guy who's future is in the lower leagues. All you really have is the judgement of some scouts and sometimes, that's enough for some clubs to gamble on you and pay big money. 

Bellingham had a full season as regular in that Birmingham team, and I don't know how long he had left on his contract but I doubt it was 12 months.

Kalvin Phillips - 50-60m or Bissouma for 30m solves our CDM situation

Joe Gomez - he is an excellent passer of the ball and would be an excellent addition to the squad and he should be available as he isn't playing at Liverpool and has 2 years left on his contract so best time for Liverpool to sell is this summer. They extract every penny from their sales so 20-25m will likely be needed.

Aaron Hickey - If we can get him, as I'm sure other clubs will be interested and he would probably choose a team where he can see himself as a regular starter and a team that plays with wingbacks. If we can get him then he would be LB and RB cover sorted and competition for Digne/Cash

Those are the three key signings for me and probably be a £100m spend if we got our primary targets. 

Additionally we need to sign Olsen and Coutinho so that's another 35m+ 

As for CF we probably need another addition, if that's Archer or Suarez or someone new I don't know. We can't afford to splash the 40-50+ needed to improve on Watkins/Ings

I'd say the outgoings would be the following

AEG, Trez, Davis, Targett, Guilbert - all sold for sure

Sanson, Hause (or possibly Konsa), Traore - Those three either go on loan or sold. I'd say Sanson on loan makes a lot of sense as he has 3 years left on his contract. 

13 minutes ago, Laughable Chimp said:

Yep

You're paying for what your scouts tell you he will become

And if you look at the likes of man City, Chelsea and now juventus, barca and Madrid they're flipping players without a care, if Man City think they can get chuk for £10m, loan him for 3 years then sell him for £20m then they will, along with the 20 other kids they've got in their books that they're trying to do the same with 

Gomez, Suarez, Wijnaldum we should be avoiding. Will show a lack of creativity from our transfer department but first guy has played centre back probably once in 18 months and the latter 2 are passed it on extortionate wages. 

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Gomez, Suarez, Wijnaldum we should be avoiding. Will show a lack of creativity from our transfer department but first guy has played centre back probably once in 18 months and the latter 2 are passed it on extortionate wages. 

I can understand Suarez / Wijnaldum yes. But Gomez got injured and can't get back into the team of what is one of the top 3 teams in the game. Gomez is young and is a superb passer of the ball. He has experience of winning and playing in Klopp system. I can't see what better options there are that tick so many boxes. 

I don't want lazy listing of CBs as alternatives. They need to be excellent on the ball and elite passers to fit what we need. I can't think of a player better than this who is getable than Gomez. He also is a step increase in experience. Winning.

2 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

I can understand Suarez / Wijnaldum yes. But Gomez got injured and can't get back into the team of what is one of the top 3 teams in the game. Gomez is young and is a superb passer of the ball. He has experience of winning and playing in Klopp system. I can't see what better options there are that tick so many boxes. 

I don't want lazy listing of CBs as alternatives. They need to be excellent on the ball and elite passers to fit what we need. I can't think of a player better than this who is getable than Gomez. He also is a step increase in experience. Winning.

Totally agree regarding Joe Gomez, at only 24 he's not even in his prime yet, there are not many defenders who would start for Liverpool in front of VVD/Matip.

11 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

Its his injury record that worries me and his wages. He has missed about 150 games for Liverpool through injury since he signed 

As for increase in experience he would from our current 4 centre backs only have played more Premier League games than Hause come the end of this season 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Its his injury record that worries me and his wages. He has missed about 150 games for Liverpool through injury since he signed 

As for increase in experience he would from our current 4 centre backs only have played more Premier League games than Hause come the end of this season 

He does seem injury prone, but if he can stay fit he'd be a top class defender for a mi-table team. 

Most Liverpool fans on social media seem to rate him, but he's just not quite good enough for Liverpool and is down the pecking order.  West Ham are linked with him, so unless SG can pull some strings, he'd likely choose them for European football.  

• Like 1

I'm not normally one to get too hung up on the injury history of players but Gomez is the sort of case where I'd draw the line and be concerned about it to the point I think it wouldn't be worth it. He's had 4 or 5 lengthy injuries, some of which are recurring. It's a shame as he's a quality player and otherwise would represent a big improvement, then again we probably wouldn't have a chance of getting him otherwise.

• Like 1

Thought Gomez was s*** v Forest. Just looks like one of those who had a bad injury and hasn't got back up to speed.

Isn't he also a RCB? We already have Konsa and Chambers so adding another would seem excessive.

I wouldn't touch the CBs in the summer tbh unless we just extended the Hause deal to get a better fee for him.

Does anyone have any genuine knowledge regarding us and Phillips ? I just can’t see it happening , he’s billy big bollocks with England he ain’t coming here ! Hope I’m wrong btw