Summer Transfer Window 2022

Loxstock92

Be interesting to see if anyone will be willing to gamble on Mikkel Damsgaard in the summer.

He's missed pretty much the whole season due to a thigh injury after having a breakthrough year last year topped with a fantastic Euro's. Sampdoria have struggled without him and he'll have 2 years left on his deal.

Think they will look to cash in and there might be a deal to be had. Think he'd fit in really well with how we want to play but obviously the injury and adjusting to a new league will be question marks. He's not the most physical dude. 

Just now, av1 said:

I agree mate, great player. 

Given what Leeds would be asking though, does his injury record concern you? 

It does yeah. I feel his injury problems could be due to Bielsa's "murder ball" seeing as they have a lot of injury problems. I'm sure any injury issues he has can be managed a lot beter.

1 minute ago, PieFacE said:

It does yeah. I feel his injury problems could be due to Bielsa's "murder ball" seeing as they have a lot of injury problems. I'm sure any injury issues he has can be managed a lot beter.

If you’re correct he’d be a top signing. I did look at his injury record a couple of weeks ago when we were linked to him and it does seem to be different injuries rather than recurring ones. That does offer a bit more confidence but he has missed a lot of football. 

That aside though, the guy is a player. I’m at a loss these days to understand what is good value or not given the ever increasing transfer fees, £50/60m seems like an incredible amount of money, but if rumours are true and West Ham want £120m for Rice (great player btw) - suddenly £60 for Phillips doesn’t sound as bad as it might seem 

1 hour ago, av1 said:

And got a top player in Countinho and a very useful versatile player in Chambers for next to nothing. 

I don’t mind fair criticism but January was a fantastic window,

Yet we were 12th at the start of January, 11th at the end of the window and now we're...2 points above twelfth.

It looked a good window on paper, but the proof really has to be in the results, and a two point improvement really doesn't scream success. A few games to go to disprove that

Edited by Davkaus

Kalvin Philipps is a good player but for £60m he’s overpriced. Mohamed Camara + Bissouma could possibly be bought together for £60m suddenly you have a totally new midfield that would have us pushing the top 8. Ramsey Camara Bissouma is a very good midfield. 

46 minutes ago, Dale said:

Well... Signing a player that's spent a season injured for £60M and paying them £200k a week, that's quite the risk. Unimaginative too... 

I'd have been delighted to sign him when we came up, but surely surely there's better value out there? 

200k a week for Phillips is absolutely scary. Along with the 120k a week for Digne 

MON version 2.0

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

Yet we were 12th at the start of January, 11th at the end of the window and now we're...2 points above twelfth.

It looked a good window on paper, but the proof really has to be in the results, and a two point improvement really doesn't scream success. A few games to go to disprove that

I don’t understand your logic. You’re talking about an incredibly small size, and not talking into account our fixtures or those of the teams around us. 

The simple fact is that Digne is better than Targett, Countinho is a genuinely world class player who is better than anything we have, and Chambers on a free is very shrewd business. 

The last 6/8 games are irrelevant, we are better now than we was in December. It was a great window 

57 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

I think we should get him and Bissouma. They would be excellent together in midfield with Luiz

Phillips and Bissouma totally transform our midfield for the better. 

2 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Do they? We still wouldn't have created anything with them 2 playing yesterday 

The point is we can play more attacking players due to them being in the team. 

6 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Do they? We still wouldn't have created anything with them 2 playing yesterday 

No, be we wouldn’t have been overrun in midfield either which would have allowed our creative players more time on the ball to do their thing, instead of seeing JJ in the fullback position at times. 

It doesn’t matter if Bissouma/Phillips aren’t providing brilliant attacking contributions, control in midfield means the better players will be able to do their thing in better areas of the pitch.

By your warped logic we should just bin all the defenders and play a 1-8-2 formation because the defence didn’t create anything either yesterday  

Edited by av1

38 minutes ago, sne said:

Be interesting to see if anyone will be willing to gamble on Mikkel Damsgaard in the summer.

He's missed pretty much the whole season due to a thigh injury after having a breakthrough year last year topped with a fantastic Euro's. Sampdoria have struggled without him and he'll have 2 years left on his deal.

Think they will look to cash in and there might be a deal to be had. Think he'd fit in really well with how we want to play but obviously the injury and adjusting to a new league will be question marks. He's not the most physical dude. 

Back when people were talking about this guy in the summer, I remember looking at his stats in the league and thinking that they're bad and wasn't sure why people wanted him.

I've just looked at his stats for this season and they're still bad.

8 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

The point is we can play more attacking players due to them being in the team. 

Yesterday we had Coutinho, Watkins, Ings, Buendia, Ramsey, Bailey and Traore on the pitch 

We had enough attacking threats 

2 minutes ago, Laughable Chimp said:

Back when people were talking about this guy in the summer, I remember looking at his stats in the league and thinking that they're bad and wasn't sure why people wanted him.

He has played 6 games this season in a pretty poor team

3 minutes ago, Laughable Chimp said:

He's been injured the whole season. Might be why :D 

22 minutes ago, Sulberto21 said:

Kalvin Philipps is a good player but for £60m he’s overpriced. Mohamed Camara + Bissouma could possibly be bought together for £60m suddenly you have a totally new midfield that would have us pushing the top 8. Ramsey Camara Bissouma is a very good midfield. 

Maybe off topic but what’s the point of this ”top 8” people now talk about? Would we be happy today if we were 8th instead of 9th? There is still six big clubs and the ling term goal is to break into that group isn’t it?

6 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Yesterday we had Coutinho, Watkins, Ings, Buendia, Ramsey, Bailey and Traore on the pitch 

Not at the same time obviously.

With Phillips and Bissouma we could have Bailey Coutinho Buendia and Watkins on pitch at same time from the start 

29 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Based on yesterday’s performance using the words “attacking threats” seems to be pushing it…

giphy.gif

• Haha 1