cash, kesler-hayden, young

Digne, new**

Mings, konsa, chambers, new**

New**, nakamba

Mcginn, ramsey, sanson, new**

Coutinho**, buendia, bailey, chuk

New, ings, archer

Selling: 

Targett - 15 m, doug - 40m, Wesley - 5m, watkins- 35m, steer - 500k, conor - free, trez- 5m, aeg- 5m, traore - 8m

Total: 113.5m

Buy:

Olsen - 3.5m, Hickey- 15m, centre back - 30m, dm - 40 m, cm - 30 m, coutinho - 33m, striker - 40m total: 191.5m

Easy this

1 hour ago, GingerCollins29 said:

My ideal squad for next year would be :

emi, olsen**, sinisalo

Digne, new**

New**, nakamba

New, ings, archer

Selling: 

Targett - 15 m, doug - 40m, Wesley - 5m, watkins- 35m, steer - 500k, conor - free, trez- 5m, aeg- 5m, traore - 8m

Buy:

Olsen - 3.5m, Hickey- 15m, centre back - 30m, dm - 40 m, cm - 30 m, coutinho - 33m, striker - 40m total: 191.5m

Easy this

All the no and those valuations are way off.

We would get more than that for Targett, Watkins and Traore. We wouldn't get near that for Luis.

1 hour ago, paul514 said:

We would get more than that for Targett, Watkins and Traore. We wouldn't get near that for Luis.

Newcastle supposedly already have an option to buy at that price for Targett. Although I do think it's too cheap.

Point me to the club that's purchasing Watkins for significantly more than 35m. That's top 6 starter level money and some of our fanbase don't even think Watkins is good enough for us right now, much less to get us into the top 6.

Agreed on Traore. We could probably recoup the price we paid for him if we really wanted to.

Agreed on Luiz too. We can probably get 30m for him though.

6 hours ago, paul514 said:

From a transfer perspective, giving some minutes to Traore could be good business. He was valued at around 20m after last season when he played and scored regularly.

The same goes for other players of course, not playing really destroys value.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, GingerCollins29 said:

My ideal squad for next year would be :

emi, olsen**, sinisalo

Digne, new**

New**, nakamba

New, ings, archer

Selling: 

Buy:

Easy this

I don't think we'll have anywhere near that much turnover personally, at some point it has to slow down / stop

Buy the 2 loan players we have already here and then buy maybe 1 more aiming for a top quality £50m player, 2 at a push if the right player is available

Sell those who are already not here and maybe traore if we can find a buyer 

That'll be about it

Edited by villa4europe
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, villa4europe said:

I don't think we'll have anywhere near that much turnover personally, at some point it has to slow down / stop

Buy the 2 loan players we have already here and then buy maybe 1 more aiming for a top quality £50m player, 2 at a push if the right player is available

Sell those who are already not here and maybe traore if we can find a buyer 

That'll be about it

Normally I’d agree but we have a new manager who’ll have his first summer transfer window, probably promises of significant funds, also a CEO that has already said it’s going to be a big summer so I think they’ll be a fair bit of turnover.  

We’ll also have 18 months of poor to mixed results and far too many losses, I think Gerrard will want some mentality change, which likely means player change.

This isn’t Gerrard team or players, we don’t fully know who he wants to keep or will let go.

I've got a theory - we will sell most of Dean Smith's biggest signings. Ings or Watkins, Traore, Bailey, even Buendia could go - handing SG a budget of £150mill - £200mill to reshape the team in his style. 

4 minutes ago, Jareth said:

I've got a theory - we will sell most of Dean Smith's biggest signings. Ings or Watkins, Traore, Bailey, even Buendia could go - handing SG a budget of £150mill - £200mill to reshape the team in his style. 

At least 2 of them were Lange signings. Surely he has to walk if the new manager ripping the system up and selling his signings. Wasnt what we signed up for 

Ings was a Purslow signing 

6 minutes ago, Zatman said:

At least 2 of them were Lange signings. Surely he has to walk if the new manager ripping the system up and selling his signings. Wasnt what we signed up for 

Ings was a Purslow signing 

I'd have thought the equation is more about having players of value to sell, if we can flip any of these for a profit then whoever bought them in has done their job. We can certainly raise significant funds through these particular sales - and we will hardly miss any of them, especially if swapped for better. 

22 minutes ago, Jareth said:

🤢🤮

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Jareth said:

I'd have thought the equation is more about having players of value to sell, if we can flip any of these for a profit then whoever bought them in has done their job. We can certainly raise significant funds through these particular sales - and we will hardly miss any of them, especially if swapped for better. 

Of the players you mentioned only Watkins we might make a slight profit on thats because of the English tax. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, paul514 said:

🤢🤮

Classic - the idea that your premier league team might have close to £200mill spent on improving it in a summer transfer window - elicits disgust - paradise syndrome in full effect. Clearly we need to bring back DS - I reckon he's gettable given Norwich's situation. 

Just now, Jareth said:

Classic - the idea that your premier league team might have close to £200mill spent on improving it in a summer transfer window - elicits disgust - paradise syndrome in full effect. Clearly we need to bring back DS - I reckon he's gettable given Norwich's situation. 

I think its more about a pointless rebuild with a rookie manager 

25 minutes ago, Jareth said:

Those players would make a decent front line and could still offer us something, whether that’s starting games or being solid competition. All have a part to play so letting them all go would be madness. Letting 1 or 2 go wouldn’t be too bad but for us at the minute it would be better for us to get players in that would compliment the attacking players. Someone like Rice (unrealistic) would transform our team and we would be getting more from the players you have mentioned. We need 2 players to improve our starting 11 and maybe 1 or 2 up and coming players to cover and add competition such as at lb.

The players we need to be prioritising selling are the fringe players and some of those out on loan, obviously excluding some of the highly rated youngsters 

No idea on valuations but I think this summer I expect the following to happen if we don't sell any of our key players 

Out

El Ghazi
Trezeguet
Luiz (unless he surprisingly signs a new deal which i doubt)
Targett
Sanson
Traore

In

New DM
Back up LB
Coutinho/alternative

Got a feeling we will want to shift a few players out first before we start spending. I expect there to be rumours with Mcginn, Watkins, Cash and possibly Bailey as I don't think he fits Gerrards system so if any of them are sold the club will want to replace them. 

Just now, Villa Stu said:

Those players would make a decent front line and could still offer us something, whether that’s starting games or being solid competition. All have a part to play so letting them all go would be madness. Letting 1 or 2 go wouldn’t be too bad but for us at the minute it would be better for us to get players in that would compliment the attacking players. Someone like Rice (unrealistic) would transform our team and we would be getting more from the players you have mentioned. We need 2 players to improve our starting 11 and maybe 1 or 2 up and coming players to cover and add competition such as at lb.

The players we need to be prioritising selling are the fringe players and some of those out on loan, obviously excluding some of the highly rated youngsters 

TBH, I can see Traore, Bailey and Ings actually wanting to leave, due to game time, and Buendia must be thinking if he wants more than to be a sub if Coutinho signs permanently. I agree they can all do a job for us but if they're unsettled then we are better off trading in - and going big in areas where we need to.

14 minutes ago, Jareth said:

I’d rather have Dean smith if that is the alternative.

• Like 1