Summer Transfer Window 2022

Loxstock92

55 minutes ago, paul514 said:

It's an idiotic idea to play both when we have so much talent in Coutinho, Buendia, Bailey and Traore.

It kinda worked yesterday. I guess we will see if it can become a thing long term. I agree I would sooner player two 10's, Buendia losing his spot was kinda crazy as he has been maybe our best player recently. Anyway its clear Gerrard and both strikers are into giving it a go. I imagine it will be horses for courses. Swap it around. We will see how it goes I guess.

56 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

1st 4th 6th 7th of most minutes played this season and 11 of our 33 goals. You can't seriously think those 4 are getting sold,  if yes then delusional

I would be happy to sell any of them, i doubt more than 2 would be sold though.

8 hours ago, VillaChris said:

They can sign Targett for 30m for a start, genuinely intrigued as to what fee we'll eventually agree to given he's started well up there and Howe will certainly want him full time.

Yep, I would see it as an opportunity to sell some of the players we may no longer want (I can think of a whole bunch I would be happy to sell them)

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Kiwivillan said:

1st 4th 6th 7th of most minutes played this season and 11 of our 33 goals. You can't seriously think those 4 are getting sold,  if yes then delusional

No, I don’t think those 4 are going to be sold. Where did I say that? 

13 hours ago, paul514 said:

Yep, I would see it as an opportunity to sell some of the players we may no longer want (I can think of a whole bunch I would be happy to sell them)

I genuinely don't think they will even sign him.

If they do, it will probably be as a backup, and not for that money.

1 hour ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I genuinely don't think they will even sign him.

If they do, it will probably be as a backup, and not for that money.

I'm more than happy for him to be our back up, but I do think they will sign him if he keeps up his performance level for them.

Don't forget even with all the money in the world FFP exists and it takes more than a couple of windows to get the squad to where you are signing world stars.

• Like 1

If Newcastle want Targett for upwards of £25m then fine, that's a fantastic deal for us. He's only ever going to be a mid table fullback at best and we've then essentially covered the Lucas Digne cost.

Targett and Luiz will go this Summer, I'm pretty sure. You may then see one of Ings/Watkins going along with Traore, Trez and El Ghazi. 

I think we can easily raise £100m in funds if we do it right. 

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Delphinho123 said:

If Newcastle want Targett for upwards of £25m then fine, that's a fantastic deal for us. He's only ever going to be a mid table fullback at best and we've then essentially covered the Lucas Digne cost.

Targett and Luiz will go this Summer, I'm pretty sure. You may then see one of Ings/Watkins going along with Traore, Trez and El Ghazi. 

I think we can easily raise £100m in funds if we do it right. 

It would be very refreshing for us to sell players that we want gone for good money to fund players we do want.

It is pretty much a novelty for us 

• Like 2

River Plate midfielder Enzo Fernandez. 

The Argentine midfielder is currently making a name for himself in South America, with Fichajes reporting that Real Madrid, Arsenal, Tottenham, West Ham and Aston Villa are all interested in the 21-year-old. Fernandez has made 28 appearances for River Plate despite his young age and has clearly impressed around Europe.

https://www.caughtoffside.com/2022/02/28/arsenal-and-spurs-in-enzo-fernandez-transfer-race/amp/

What position does Enzo Fernandez play in?

Fernandez is a midfielder who often plays as a deep-lying playmaker - although he also has a propensity to arrive in the box late and score goals.

https://www.footballtransfers.com/en/transfer-news/uk-premier-league/2022/02/who-is-enzo-fernandez-midfield-talent-chased-by-arsenal-spurs/amp

42 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Would anyone take Werner?

18 goals and 17 assists in 75 games at Chelsea isn’t bad but also not amazing plus his £275k pw wages and £50-£60 mill fee make it a mute discussion point IMO  …  in answer to your question Yes I would 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, thabucks said:

What position does Enzo Fernandez play in?

Fernandez is a midfielder who often plays as a deep-lying playmaker - although he also has a propensity to arrive in the box late and score goals.

Trigger warning!

With the sad Russian invasion of Ukraine and the inability to safely play matches I do wonder if there may be an exodus of top players from their respective leagues ? Players like wingers Khvicha Kvaratskhelia, Manor Solomon and CB Illya Zabarnyi are all high quality players with room to improve and grow. 

Mentioned David Neres in the past.

Was reading today he'd actually joined Shatkhar Donestk in last window so not the best timing.

Goals have dried up in recent seasons but perhaps for cut price fee he could be a decent pick up as someone to be a backup CF and can also play in wide positions in front 3. Has Brazil caps aswell and about to turn 25.

2 hours ago, Delphinho123 said:

Would anyone take Werner?

I would, he has pedigree but unfortunately it’s just not clicking at Chelsea for him. Is that due to Chelsea or the PL that he doesn’t quite fit I don’t know.  I think his wage and fee would be a challenge to justify for him and would he consider us or want CL football as a minimum.  I think at the right club he will be a real success and bang loads of goals in a bit like when Forlan was at Man U and then when he moved away from there he had a great career.