Summer Transfer Window 2022

Loxstock92

1 hour ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Why do you say this? I don’t know if you are right or wrong, I have only heard of Botman, I haven’t seen him play, so I can’t comment on his ability 

I just think in 2022 he is a better player than Gomez, young and plays both sides of centre back.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, TRO said:

Watched him the other night Paul....never did much for me.

I think many players are over rated, by some.

Niklas Sule, would be nice.

I would have a Ron Vlarr, right now....I liked him.

I generally stay away from Leipzig players I think they are over rated generally because of the system.

As for Sule, I doubt anyone would leave Munich for Us.

Edited by paul514

18 hours ago, TRO said:

Mee seems to have a History of it.

Gomez, not for me.

Too many red flags around signing Gomez for me. It has a similar feeling to me as the Micah Richards signing did at the time. The bad injury, the loss of form, lack of playing time. Sometimes a player is never the same after such a bad injury. For the money involved, we would be daft to risk it in my opinion.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, paul514 said:

I generally stay away from Leipzig players I think they are over rated generally because of the system.

As for Sule, I doubt anyone would leave Munich for Us.

Huh? Who's the Leipzig player in this discussion?

5 hours ago, sparrow1988 said:

Huh? Who's the Leipzig player in this discussion?

There wasn't one in discussion.

I was responding to someone saying this .... "I think many players are over rated, by some"

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I can see them **** up pre seasons by trying to purge teams like ours of our best players, whilst going after all our top targets simultaneously.

I've said before, they can't sign everyone. Plus I'm sure they would be looking at bigger players than our bunch of mid-tablers ;) 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Xela said:

I've said before, they can't sign everyone. Plus I'm sure they would be looking at bigger players than our bunch of mid-tablers ;) 

The worry isn't the " bunch of mid tablers ".

It's the likes of the young prodigies.

The likes of Coutinho.

Even as far as current " fringe " players like Leon Bailey, Sanson, Traore which might currently seem like " no loss " but probably go on to improve them long term with a run of games and realising their true potential.

Whilst weakening the others with ambitions of breaking to 6 - 10.

Some of the ones which might be frustrated at a lack of game time ( Even though their form, age, injuries etc might justify it )

Multiply that by all the teams in the League.

In general, you are right though.

• Like 2

We can generate some serious cash from player sales this Summer:

Luiz - 25m
McGinn - 40m
Cash - 30m
Watkins - £40m
Targett - £25m
Traore - £10m
Trezeguet and El Ghazi - £10m combined.

We have saleable assets and we can easily raise £100m if we want to. The prices above are completely random and I have no idea what the club would accept but they are tough ball park. We don’t even need to sell any of the players above if we don’t want to, but I imagine we’ll need to sell one or two on top of spending the 100m we’ll probably look to outlay. 

• Haha 1
  • Shocked 1

5 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Luiz - 25m
McGinn - 40m
Cash - 30m
Watkins - £40m
Targett - £25m
Traore - £10m
Trezeguet and El Ghazi - £10m combined.

We have saleable assets and we can easily raise £100m if we want to. The prices above are completely random and I have no idea what the club would accept but they are tough ball park. We don’t even need to sell any of the players above if we don’t want to, but I imagine we’ll need to sell one or two on top of spending the 100m we’ll probably look to outlay. 

Of that list, I think we’ll probably only sell Luiz, Targett, Trez and possibly one of Traore or El Ghazi. I think that will bring in about 55-60 mil.

Would rather sell Ings than Ollie tbh. Still a place for Ollie here if he wants to stay although perhaps not as automatic starter.

Ings coming up to 30 now and really not doing enough to suggest he'll score 15-20 next season.

Don't see McGinn going anywhere and would prefer to keep Traore and hope he can stay fit for longer than five minutes.

Yes Trez, Targett, AEG and probably Luiz all moving on. We signed those four for about 55m in summer 2019 so interesting 3 years on if we can make a combined profit on them. Probably 60m ish given Luiz and Targett should be 20m + in valuations.

• Like 1

Going by Watkins and Gerrard's comments yesterday and Ing's obvious delight at Watkins scoring , I dont think either Ings or Watkins are going anywhere.

Gerrard wants to play them both and said so.

Us switching between two number 9's and two number 10's depending on the opposition seems pretty good to me. 

Hopefully it works out. Going searching for a new striker is expensive. Having any of our excellent prospects or even Davis as rotation next season would make me very happy. We could spend big on the areas where we obviously want to spend big.

Coutinho and a DM.

1 hour ago, ciggiesnbeer said:

Going by Watkins and Gerrard's comments yesterday and Ing's obvious delight at Watkins scoring , I dont think either Ings or Watkins are going anywhere.

Gerrard wants to play them both and said so.

Us switching between two number 9's and two number 10's depending on the opposition seems pretty good to me. 

Hopefully it works out. Going searching for a new striker is expensive. Having any of our excellent prospects or even Davis as rotation next season would make me very happy. We could spend big on the areas where we obviously want to spend big.

Coutinho and a DM.

It's an idiotic idea to play both when we have so much talent in Coutinho, Buendia, Bailey and Traore.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

It's so annoying that it looks like Newcastle are staying up.

I can see them **** up pre seasons by trying to purge teams like ours of our best players, whilst going after all our top targets simultaneously.

On the first part I actually think we could stand up well enough to them at this point. On the second, yes, definitely in the market for some of the same.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ciggiesnbeer said:

Coutinho and a DM

I know Gerrard says he’s a long-term project but I really think Iroegbunam will be next season’s Ramsey and make that position his own. (I don’t think Gerrard thinks that at this point, I think he’s planning to sign someone and TI may be loaned out, but I have a feeling. And we all know a random fan’s feeling on a message board carries a bit more weight than the manager!)

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Delphinho123 said:

Luiz - 25m
McGinn - 40m
Cash - 30m
Watkins - £40m

1st 4th 6th 7th of most minutes played this season and 11 of our 33 goals. You can't seriously think those 4 are getting sold,  if yes then delusional

• Like 1