Calum Chambers

His Name Is Death

22 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Has the ability to play multiple positions. Think the manager prefers him to Dendoncker?

Good to have a couple of players like Chambers in the squad, albeit of a higher quality. 

Jack of all trades, master of none. It’s good to have a player like him though, can cover RB, CB and DM.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Milfner said:

We looked so much better with him on the field instead of Kamara. Not a sentence I thought I'd ever write. 

To be fair, (1) Kamara was off his game, and (2) it was a tactical change, not just a like-for-like sub.

On 02/04/2023 at 11:04, Delphinho123 said:

Has the ability to play multiple positions. Think the manager prefers him to Dendoncker?

Good to have a couple of players like Chambers in the squad, albeit of a higher quality. 

Dendoncker only just come back from injury. Don't think you can make that conclusion. I think for what emery wanted Chambers was the better choice because he was playing as a pseudo CDM, CB and RB at times in the 2nd half. And dendoncker has never played rb before. 

• 3 weeks later...

Frustrating he didn't get a cross in near the end. Young hit that fantastic one early second half that needed a very good clearance.

Cash will hopefully be back for Wolves on the bench so that will at least give us another attacking option on hour mark.

1 hour ago, The_Steve said:

He looked absolutely gassed at right back today 

He ia not a right back. Its definitely a key area we need to look at in the summer

Id rather have put konsa there and played carlos at cb

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

His versatility is very useful. Not brilliant at anything but can do a good job in a number of positions.

Could come in handy in a long season across multiple competitions.

• Like 1

I favour keeping him around the club.

If he is appraised for what he is a utility squad man....He has value.

I think when we have been in an arduous game, have the lead, and just closing the game down, he is a decent guy to bring on.

He is a team player, a work horse, who doesn't have any personal thoughts beyond his station.....solid ish.

On 02/04/2023 at 14:16, Milfner said:

We looked so much better with him on the field instead of Kamara. Not a sentence I thought I'd ever write. 

I thought Kamara struggled a tad, with the staying on the ball in challenges, albeit Cash's pass was a hospital ball....maybe the heat got to him?

I thought Chambers helped in stopping the runs.

Edited by TRO

Â