Calum Chambers

His Name Is Death

8 hours ago, Tom13 said:

I wouldn't say 'very good' performances, but that's my opinion.

Very good is stretching it but he was mostly solid last season.

Started 9 games and we only conceded 9 in that. Kept clean sheets v Southampton, Leeds and Norwich and he also did a great job playing as DM at Burnley who'd just won three straight games.

After xmas Mings-Chambers combination was far far far more solid than Mings-Konsa.

That said he has been poor this season, no other way to spin it so we had six months decent use and will be sold for a few million in the summer to a promoted team or someone in the championship I'd imagine.

52 minutes ago, WooJung said:

I was impressed by him last season.

This season I am genuinely asking myself - is he an upgrade on Hause?

Both need to go in the summer.

Next season it should be Mings (unless new contract can't be agreed or UE dosen't want him), Carlos, Konsa, new CB.

21 hours ago, The Fun Factory said:

If we want to be succesful- as in having good domestic cup runs, and playing in European competition we would need better than Chambers as back up.

Can we get much better for 4th choice when we don't have Europe or any guaranteed game time as carrots? He's not particularly good, but he's not THAT bad aka Olsen bad. 

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
Just now, Tom13 said:

He also gave it away under no pressure on at least two occasions. I think he's so far off this level.

Players give the ball away all the time. I think this kind of comment just comes across as if you'd made your mind up and that you see what you want to see.

Today he played well imo.

• Confused 1

8 minutes ago, WallisFrizz said:

Thought he did pretty well when he came on. No Kamara obviously but didn’t let us down.

Can’t say I agree. Didn’t let us down but lost possession easily and just looks off the pace. I can’t see him being here next season. Shame he dropped off so much from his initial good performances. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Rolta said:

Players give the ball away all the time. I think this kind of comment just comes across as if you'd made your mind up and that you see what you want to see.

Today he played well imo.

Well when I've seen him be sloppy in possession for so long, when he continues to be, yes I'll crititicise him for it.

14 minutes ago, VillaParkAvenue said:

Never thought I’d read someone say Chambers is quicker than anyone, but you may be right.

However being quicker than Dendocker is not the highest bar to get over. It's a bit like saying he's got a better first touch than Rudy Gestede. :)

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, Tom13 said:

He also gave it away under no pressure on at least two occasions. I think he's so far off this level.

His passing was horrendous. He's really fallen off a cliff this season and is no way good enough to start against any team that can reasonably press.

No way should he be starting ahead of Dendoncker imo if he's fit next week although he seems to be on UE's naughty step after the Stevenage debacle.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, WallisFrizz said:

Thought he did pretty well when he came on. No Kamara obviously but didn’t let us down.

Really? I thought he was pretty poor. I've not pre made my mind up on that, it's just what I believe I saw. 

Between him and Digne coming on we pretty much lost our man advantage, it looked like 11 v 11 again. 

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â