Boubacar Kamara

Delphinho123

I cannot wait for Boubacar to return to the first team. 

Walks into our side and is still our best outfield player. 

If he's still at the same level he was, it's the equivalent of making a £75m signing mid-autumn. 

• Like 3

On 06/10/2024 at 07:10, gwi1890 said:

I think Tielemans is slowly inserting himself into that category also 

He is the creative force, but I think Boub needs to come back in to release Youri to be more creative.

On 06/10/2024 at 08:48, Delphinho123 said:

This is very true albeit I don’t agree with moving Tielemans. We need him on the ball in the deeper position as he shrugs off the press with ease and plays through the lines so well. 

.......but the other players need to learn to shrug off the press. That's what WIP is.

Those guys need to be practising winning duels and turnovers.

I don’t think Emery would ever drop McGinn tbh. Not atm. A fit McGinn is vital for us. 

I'm not so sure at all. He's often the first one substituted in recent months. 

substituted and starting are different monsters though. I could see Villa with a starting midfield of Kamara - Onana - Tielemans - McGinn with Ramsey/Barkley coming on to replace them. In different games different players start but its very unlikely the captain doesn't start. Unless you're Stuart Gray.

2 hours ago, TRO said:

Those guys need to be practising winning duels and turnovers

Never easy to replicate in training, for the very fact you don't have the same intensity. 

Just like practicing a penalty shoot - out, there's just not the same tension.

Edited by sheepyvillian

1 hour ago, peterw said:

I could see Villa with a starting midfield of Kamara - Onana - Tielemans - McGinn with Ramsey/Barkley coming on to replace them.

This is a very narrow, and not very speedy, midfield.

4 hours ago, TRO said:

He is the creative force, but I think Boub needs to come back in to release Youri to be more creative.

He’s been excellent defensively to he is definition of a complete midfielder

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, gwi1890 said:

He’s been excellent defensively to he is definition of a complete midfielder

I too have been impressed…..but I think Boub still comes back in, when he is match fit.

That is not to say at Youri’s expense.

3 hours ago, TheMightyVillans said:

I always come back to this video. He was so good in this match

I absolutely love this- he’s the only player we have with true la pausa qualities.

If you watch from about a minute in, there’s about 4-5 separate clips of him waiting with the ball just long enough to engage a player in the press before turning away and releasing a villa player in more space.

I think that’s the difference between him and any of our other midfielders, even tielemans. Others are good at evading the press, but Kamara actively invites it 

• Like 1

I don’t think Emery would ever drop McGinn tbh. Not atm. A fit McGinn is vital for us. 

Mcginn literally said, emery told him after the wolves game he needs to play better or will be dropped. 

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â