Boubacar Kamara

Delphinho123

5 minutes ago, useless said:

I think some perhaps forget what an excellent footballer he is.

I don't think anyone forgets.

It's too obvious.

Edited by Tomaszk
  • Like 3

8 minutes ago, useless said:

I think some perhaps forget what an excellent footballer he is, he's more than just an old style DM, in fact in many ways I think he's the closest player we have to Luiz, just as good, if not even better than him at most aspects of the game other than set-piece and shooting, he's got the defensive side locked in, but is also a fantastic passer, links up well with those around him, can carry the ball well, obviously doesn't have the goals and assists of Luiz, but whoever takes over set-pieces and penalties will replace a lot of that. I think he and Onana could make a good midfield partnership

The whole quote

On 26/07/2024 at 19:25, Villaphan04 said:

interesting convo at the end of the C&B pod, and has made me think that there's a good chance that Kamara could be the first team player that gets sold next summer

Let's not sell our best player

• Confused 1

8 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

Let's not sell our best player

I wouldnt be surprised if he has a release clause considering our position when signing him

Get the feeling 2-3 games into this season and people will be endlessly spamming this thread asking when he's back.

His absence was a problem for us last season so optimistic to think we're not going to miss him at all in first half of this season.

The others will do their best but Kamara is expert at protecting the space infront of the CBs and as said above very good on the ball.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Villaphan04 said:

i didn't mention selling our best player? just possibly selling Kamara

Kamara is borderline elite. Hardly warrants a confused face claiming he's our best player.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tom13 said:

Kamara is borderline elite. Hardly warrants a confused face claiming he's our best player.

I think Kamara is our best outfield player. 

He’s our Rodri, if City lost him they’d feel it big time even with their depth. One of the main reasons why unai is such a magician the fact that we made top 4 without him for such a significant period. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Tom13 said:

You did slightly go out on a limb there. You gotta admit. Take it from those of us who regularly climb the thinnest limbs of VT. Accept the confused face. Keep it close to your heart. Take care of it. Embrace it. 😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Tom13 said:

I completely disagree with that. I don't think he's anywhere near being an "elite" player at all. I think Onana is a better player tbh

edit: I also don't know how anyone can claim a player is elite when that player has missed close to a year of match time over multiple spells

Edited by Villaphan04
  • Shocked 1

6 minutes ago, Marka Ragnos said:

You did slightly go out on a limb there. You gotta admit. Take it from those of us who regularly climb the thinnest limbs of VT. Accept the confused face. Keep it close to your heart. Take care of it. Embrace it. 😉

Fans have a tendency to overhype players when they are injured.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Steero113 said:

I think Kamara is our best outfield player. 

He’s our Rodri, if City lost him they’d feel it big time even with their depth. One of the main reasons why unai is such a magician the fact that we made top 4 without him for such a significant period. 

It is kind of a miracle. He was doing so much for us.

22 minutes ago, Villaphan04 said:

I completely disagree with that. I don't think he's anywhere near being an "elite" player at all. I think Onana is a better player tbh

edit: I also don't know how anyone can claim a player is elite when that player has missed close to a year of match time over multiple spells

Onana better than Kamara...madness! What has missing games got to do with ability when fit?

Edited by Tom13

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Tom13 said:

Onana better than Kamara...madness! What has missing games got to do with ability when fit?

Which child does one love more? I bristle at trying to compare them 😢, but I hear you. I'm grateful he will be coming back someday. Kamara is better than better -- he almost created the blueprint for a certain brand of Emeryball we came to depend upon last year. I certainly understand your admiration of Bouba, and hell yes, he's elite. I miss him!

1. He covers the most tangled, ugly, twisty, highly contested parts of the midfield and falls upon opposition midfielders like a swarm of hornets. It's probably why he got injured. Without him, we end up inviting the press. With him, we frustrate it.
  2. He allows us almost single-handedly sometimes to throw men forward by shoring up our defenders and allowing Digne/Maatsen/Moreno and Cash/Ned to hurtle forward, widen the pitch, and tear about low blocks.

spacer.png
Edited by Marka Ragnos
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Marka Ragnos said:

Which child does one love more? I bristle at trying to compare them 😢, but I hear you. I'm grateful he will be coming back someday. Kamara is better than better -- he almost created the blueprint for a certain brand of Emeryball we came to depend upon last year. I certainly understand your admiration of Bouba, and hell yes, he's elite. I miss him!

1. He covers the most tangled, ugly, twisty, highly contested parts of the midfield and falls upon opposition midfielders like a swarm of hornets. It's probably why he got injured. Without him, we end up inviting the press. With him, we frustrate it.
  2. He allows us almost single-handedly sometimes to throw men forward by shoring up our defenders and allowing Digne/Maatsen/Moreno and Cash/Ned to hurtle forward, widen the pitch, and tear about low blocks.

spacer.png

Not forgetting his ability on the ball. He's very classy in possession.

• Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â