Boubacar Kamara

Delphinho123

51 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Haven't been feeling him at all so far this season.

Not sure if his body language and seeming attitude is what is skewing my opinion.

I automatically find myself getting annoyed with players who may not show dedication to the cause. ( In my perception, I obviously could be way off )

I'n possibly also just making him my " scapegoat " due to being pissed off as well in fairness.

I thought he was fine against palace in parts dropping into defence.  The problem for me is we’re using a two man narrow midfield, pushing them up the pitch and watching them get countered. It was the same against Newcastle, Liverpool and now Warsaw. There has been a fair few times kamaras been disappointing on and off the ball though regardless of tactics. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

56 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Not sure if his body language and seeming attitude is what is skewing my opinion.

I automatically find myself getting annoyed with players who may not show dedication to the cause. ( In my perception, I obviously could be way off )

I'n possibly also just making him my " scapegoat " due to being pissed off as well in fairness.

No, Shaun, sadly you are right, in your thinking.

He is way off the main job he has....His offensive play is okish.....but we have too many like that, and it compounds our issues....McGinn, is much the same.

Tielemans is not defensive, by nature.....so we are now drifting in to passive territory.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, VILLAMARV said:

Not been at the races all season so far when I've seen him and part of that is because of his own high standards. Wonder if his head got turned in the summer like most everyone else but either way his application seems way off.

I hope, I am not being rude.......but your first point is spot on.....but for any of us to try and speculate the reasons why, just dilutes the point.

He and McGinn are way off it.

On 21/09/2023 at 20:05, Tayls said:

Probably needs moving on. Reckon there’s an attitude issue there possibly… 

Yeah that's it, 10 games of a player being below par after being close to world class last season and "we gotta move this guy on"....

🤦‍♂️

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Steero113 said:

Yeah that's it, 10 games of a player being below par after being close to world class last season and "we gotta move this guy on"....

🤦‍♂️

2 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Do we forget the massive dips in form with Luiz, Konsa and others? 

We're already giving up on him. 

Nonsense isn’t it?

We are far too reactionary and “in the moment” rather than trying to see the bigger picture…

All I can say to such people is, look back on last season…

There’s every chance that Unai will get players like Kamara, one of our very best players and very best signings, performing to at least that level again if not above it…

We will get there but we have been rocked and negatively affected at the start of the season… it hasn’t been a smooth ride.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Risso said:

Has anybody given up on him, or just said that he's not playing very well at the moment? Go on, use the word 'scapegoat', you're clearly dying to!

For me, the "attitude problem" comments are the hardest to make sense of. 

The guy is a top top level international who isn't performing his best at the moment. He knows it and is therefore not happy about it and is desperate to perform his best. 

The fact that he's not dancing round the pitch like the fairy godmother doesn't mean he has an attitude problem, it means that he's pissed off that he isn't in form. 

Fully expect him to bounce back, too good not to. Just like Luiz last season. 

22 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I'll cut you some slack considering you acknowledge being pissed off, but this assessment of body language and attitude makes me laugh considering how hard a time you gave people for very similar complaints about Bailey :D 

I agree he's been very poor at times this season, looks a mile off the pace, but he showed enough last season he deserves some time, IMO

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Anyway, all this will be forgive and forgotten if we put in a good performance and beat Chelsea.

Until our next loss 😂

We really are a fickle and reactionary bunch aren’t we? 😂

It’s just difficult to not get emotionally invested, especially when we appear to be in such a promising position with Unai in charge.

He has massively raised expectations… but that’s also caused many of us to become and act like spoiled little children “now, now, now!!!”

😂😂😂

Not sure of the last bit Jas......Many of us are too seasoned, to not know, that was anything but a ****show, in anyones book.

To try and put things in perspective....losing games is inevitable with some opposition, Its the MANNER of those defeats that's causing consternation, with some of us.

Some fans, can take defeats, better than others, thats just par for the course.

They say fans are fickle....I think players performances can be fickle too....only a few like Macca had "Bank of England" form...consistency personified.

Overall the club has never been in a better place....it's inevitable we get a bit tetchy, seeing that the other night.

I don’t know if it’s the same fans but we do tend to get a lot of over hyping of our players and then over the top criticism when they have a dip. I like Kamara a lot but some were talking on here like he’s the best defensive midfielder in the league. Now he’s being written off. 

He is much better than he is playing right now but he’s hardly turned to shit like some would make out.

Balance seems a rare commodity in football fans at times.

Edited by Vive_La_Villa
  • Like 4

6 hours ago, Steero113 said:

🤦‍♂️

Rise above it. A defeat is like catnip to some negative posters. 

• Like 2

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â