Boubacar Kamara

Delphinho123

After reading that Dougie interview in the Guardian I am quite interested to see other midfielders with Kamara next to them (Tielemans esp). It looks as if Kamara is that guy who makes everyone else around him look incredible - more so than I initially thought.

• 2 weeks later...

Just thought I'd ask as I see different dates banded around a lot, in relation to his return. 

Is it a 6 month injury? 9 months? I've seen some say he could return to training in October, some saying January. 

1 minute ago, PaulMcGrath_5 said:

Just thought I'd ask as I see different dates banded around a lot, in relation to his return. 

Is it a 6 month injury? 9 months? I've seen some say he could return to training in October, some saying January. 

ACL with Villa players 1 year+

On 13/06/2024 at 00:22, Anything11 said:

After reading that Dougie interview in the Guardian I am quite interested to see other midfielders with Kamara next to them (Tielemans esp). It looks as if Kamara is that guy who makes everyone else around him look incredible - more so than I initially thought.

Got a link to this?

3 minutes ago, PaulMcGrath_5 said:

i have seen a return to training timeframe proposed as somewhere between Oct and Nov depending on how he is recovering, then he needs to get fit and up to speed, so realistically he wont be anywhere near fit until jan onwards.

that might even be a bit overly positive, unsure.

Just now, MaVilla said:

i have seen a return to training timeframe proposed as somewhere between Oct and Nov depending on how he is recovering, then he needs to get fit and up to speed, so realistically he wont be anywhere near fit until jan onwards.

that might even be a bit overly positive, unsure.

Thanks. Would we say it'll take him 3 months to get fit though? Seems a long time.

Edited by PaulMcGrath_5

4 minutes ago, PaulMcGrath_5 said:

Thanks. Would we say it'll take him 3 months to get fit though? Seems a long time.

if he is back training in Nov sometime, 4-6 weeks to get match fit is probably overly optimistic (so that would take us to Dec/Jan, he wouldnt have played for over a year, and getting match fit mid season isnt ideal - no preseason)

Edited by MaVilla
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, PaulMcGrath_5 said:

Did you see the pictures of mings's legs when he resumed training?! Its a long slow process as it takes time to rebuild the muscle and build up to contact training.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Made In Aston said:

Did you see the pictures of mings's legs when he resumed training?! Its a long slow process as it takes time to rebuild the muscle and build up to contact training.

Good point, well made.

Somehow need to find a way to keep Bouba fit and avoid serious injury once he’s back… isn’t that two big injuries in two seasons now?

He’s so good… we need to find a way to keep him in the squad for the whole season.

Could he bulk a bit, be rested and rotated (by bringing in more players who can cover his role and position), put on a more specific fitness regime or plan? 🤷‍♂️

Don’t really know what would help, sometimes injuries are just bad luck. But if there’s anything we can do to lower the risks, we should…

Edited by Jas10

23 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Somehow need to find a way to keep Bouba fit and avoid serious injury once he’s back… isn’t that two big injuries in two seasons now?

He’s so good… we need to find a way to keep him in the squad for the whole season.

Could he bulk a bit, be rested and rotated (by bringing in more players who can cover his role and position), put on a more specific fitness regime or plan? 🤷‍♂️

Don’t really know what would help, sometimes injuries are just bad luck. But if there’s anything we can do to lower the risks, we should…

He had that ankle injury he came back too early from. Ended up missing about 8 games.

4 hours ago, PaulMcGrath_5 said:

I think he'll be back in training around November and playing in December. Tielemans will be excellent playing with him like Luiz was at his best beside him also 

33 minutes ago, Aston_Villan4 said:

He had that ankle injury he came back too early from. Ended up missing about 8 games.

So maybe the answer is reducing the reliance on him…. get him the proper rest and recovery times? If we have a good alternative, we can afford to do that.

Hopefully Barrenechea is that guy, maybe we add another too.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Jas10 said:

Didn't he injure himself by slipping whilst twisting rather than actual contact?  I'm not sure whether bulking up would help prevent that type of injury.  I think I read that someone's doing a study to try and find out why there seem to be more ACL injuries in both the men's and women's games (especially at elite level).  If I remember correctly they seemed to think that general fitness or fatigue would be less likely than the design of modern boots or the composition of the grass / artificial grass and sub-surface.  Something to do with the boots are more likely to dig into the surface and "catch" - which is great generally for turning, accelerating, etc but yet if it catches wrong makes it more likely for your foot and body to want to be going in different directions and puts more pressure on ankles, knees, etc.  A possible downside of almost immaculate playing surfaces and super-efficient bootware as opposed to playing in 5cms of water-logged mud with huge clods of mud/grass tearing out of the ground every time you tried to kick the ball or make a sliding tackle. 

9 hours ago, Jas10 said:

It was a non contact injury. Bulking up and specific fitness routines don't help. It was just bad luck.

Having said that nowadays the new pig ACL's they put in are stronger than the original.

9 minutes ago, Anything11 said:

It was a non contact injury. Bulking up and specific fitness routines don't help. It was just bad luck.

Having said that nowadays the new pig ACL's they put in are stronger than the original.

Not taking the piss here, but is he not a Muslim? 

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â