Boubacar Kamara

Delphinho123

21 hours ago, Johnnyp said:

Early signs are good but id temper it with realism too and say he needs to be given a good chance to adjust to the PL. I’m around forums and our fan base long enough to know that the people who are raving about him in pre season are the same folk who will hammer him if he doesn’t hit the ground running ( ya know the ones, who thought Jota was the reincarnation of George Best after his performances against Minnesota and Walsall ) I’m not saying it’s not right to get excited about Kamara but don’t go 360 either if he doesn’t get a 9/10 against Bournemouth. I will say, he looks a fine player and look forward to supporting him when the real stuff starts. 

Yeah, I've been here long enough to be somewhat jaded when it comes to expectations on new players and know how fast they can fall from grace. 

Same goes for the gaffer IMO. Patience is necessary, but obviously it is time for Villa to deliver and not just talk of ambition.

ironically he looked super at CB alongside Carlos, the two of them pinging balls around was sublime.

I dont remember the last time i saw two Villa CBs pinging the ball around like that.

26 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

ironically he looked super at CB alongside Carlos, the two of them pinging balls around was sublime.

I dont remember the last time i saw two Villa CBs pinging the ball around like that.

Maybe Sangare will turn out for us then . 

Can't we go radical and play a back 3 with a false 9 or some new age schizz. We'll probably ease past 70 points with about three games left....

Can't wait until the next manager, he's going to have some resources to play with....

12 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Can't we go radical and play a back 3 with a false 9 or some new age schizz. We'll probably ease past 70 points with about three games left....

Can't wait until the next manager, he's going to have some resources to play with....

Dwight Yorke is waiting for the phone call

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I think there will be some frustrations with this lad while he finds his feet and settles to the speed of the league.  Seemed to struggle against United and early on against Renne.

Hope fans are patient with him.

I think so too, from watching the Rennes game. Not sure I would start him against Bournemouth.

1 hour ago, AVTuco said:

I think so too, from watching the Rennes game. Not sure I would start him against Bournemouth.

On paper one of the easiest games of the season, why wouldn't you get him playing from the start ? His confidence isn't going to come from 15 minutes here and there and starting against one of the stronger teams.

• Like 4

Without being depressing, I almost get the feeling sometimes that he's more of an upper echelon Luiz, and we still need an upper echelon Nakamba beside him for it to work seamlessly for him

Need to see more of him, not on a dodgy stream, roll on the PL!

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Without being depressing, I almost get the feeling sometimes that he's more of an upper echelon Luiz, and we still need an upper echelon Nakamba beside him for it to work seamlessly for him

Need to see more of him, not on a dodgy stream, roll on the PL!

Tbh, Luiz is what most defensive midfielders are like these days - it's more about pressure and positioning than physical combativeness and swashbuckling. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, roonst83 said:

Excited to see Boo Boo in the Prem. Am confident in what I’ve seen already that he’ll grow and develop as the season progresses. 

Boo-Boo Bear - Wikipedia

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, Anything11 said:

The whole team struggled against Rennes including Kamara - I don't think he should be singled out. Sliding him into CB was interesting.

Not singling him out at all, been pointing out even before that game, that I think he will need help.

He's an outstanding Footballer, but he can't do it on his own.

As he is not just a brute, if he has to be scrambling for the ball constantly it will affect the rest of his game, the parts he is best at, cleaning up and distribution etc.

If the partners beside him are sloppy, he'll be getting dragged in all sorts of directions.

We know how that works out against a relentless Premier League level press as well.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â