Boubacar Kamara

Delphinho123

People shouldnt expect Kamara to somehow make us Champions League shoe-ins. 

He's a good young player who will need to learn a new system with new teammates in a new League. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

My only criticism i see from the obligatory YouTube videos, looks a bit slow of feet but physically he’s impressive. Tidy passing range and his anticipation of timing a tackle is very good. Berson, Veretout and Sanson experiences have me naturally guarded. 

31 minutes ago, maqroll said:

People shouldnt expect Kamara to somehow make us Champions League shoe-ins. 

He's a good young player who will need to learn a new system with new teammates in a new League. 

There will definitely be an adjustment period, but much smarter people than I have told me he's tactically ahead of the curve for most players his age. So it may just be adjusting to the speed of this league on a weekly basis compared to some of the lesser teams in France.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Johnnyp said:

My only criticism i see from the obligatory YouTube videos, looks a bit slow of feet but physically he’s impressive. Tidy passing range and his anticipation of timing a tackle is very good. Berson, Veretout and Sanson experiences have me naturally guarded. 

I've watched a few videos and I can't say he looks particularly exciting. Granted, the nature of his position has something to do with that, but he's not got any real noticeable flair or even fluidity to his movement. He looks a little raw. I'll defer to the Ligue 1 experts on him and hope I'm missing something. 

Kondogbia for example looks really impressive in video comps.

1 hour ago, maqroll said:

I've watched a few videos and I can't say he looks particularly exciting. Granted, the nature of his position has something to do with that, but he's not got any real noticeable flair or even fluidity to his movement. He looks a little raw. I'll defer to the Ligue 1 experts on him and hope I'm missing something. 

Kondogbia for example looks really impressive in video comps.

He’s tactically very astute. Very good off the ball positioning and he has excellent timing. He knows when to tackle, when to intercept and when to pass the ball. Excellent young player.

If we can get Lilian Thuram’s son Kepheren (no links before anyone wants evidence) we’ll have a very good strong possession based midfield. Hopefully our French player curse will be lifted (Digne aside).

I would have said he is the player we thought we would be getting with Dougie. His priorities are to build from deep and to track midfielders runs and put the tackles in. Not built like an outhouse . but strong anyway. Pass completion is high . 

This has the feel of what Leicester have been doing well these last 3 or 4 years, getting in early for a very promising young talent that was touted around for the bigger clubs.

To get him on a free is fantastic, we’ll make huge profit on him no matter what happens. Cant remember us getting a player so highly sought after, for free.

• Like 1

Lots of positive noises about this signing.  So very excited that at last we seem to be tackling (boom boom) our Achilles heel.  My *only* slight concern is that this is such a massive role for us that we need to have got this right.  There will be an awful lot of pressure (both on and off the pitch) on the kid and I really hope he thrives under that pressure.  But most importantly we need him to impose himself on our senior players.  I think our spine (Emi, Mings, McGinn and Watkins) is our main problem in that only one of those is good enough for such a key role for a team chasing Europe.  So we need to make sure that the likes of Mings and McGinn don't bypass Kamara and that more importantly Kamara becomes our midfield leader ordering those in front of him around.  Unfortunately I don't know whether Luiz and McGinn will listen and / or whether Mings will bypass Kamara with his (too frequent) long balls.  Whilst I hope that Chuk and JJ are given more minutes (or more correctly have the opportunity to earn more minutes) I can't help but feel that we need a leader in midfield who can make the team tick.  McGinn and Luiz haven proven over the past 2 seasons that neither of them are that person (which isn't to say that they need to go but they need to not be our "main man" in the middle).  It is a big ask to expect Kamara, Chuk or JJ to fill that role so early in their careers.  Based on that - I hope we can bring someone else in who can stand up to the senior guys and also encourage the youngsters.  Maybe a player like James W-P?  I think he'd be more than capable / willing to give Mings, McGinn and Luiz an earful when they have one of their brain-farts.  Then in time hopefully Kamara can step into that role and become the midfield marshal we so desperately need.  But like I said - this (if it really is done) is a great start to the transfer window.

3 hours ago, Sulberto21 said:

He’s tactically very astute. Very good off the ball positioning and he has excellent timing. He knows when to tackle, when to intercept and when to pass the ball. Excellent young player.

If we can get Lilian Thuram’s son Kepheren (no links before anyone wants evidence) we’ll have a very good strong possession based midfield. Hopefully our French player curse will be lifted (Digne aside).

Considering Digne was our last French signing and he's brilliant, wouldn't that mean the curse is already lifted?

• Like 2

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â