Boubacar Kamara

Delphinho123

Just now, duke313 said:

Perhaps that's why we are linked with Kondogbia?

I think Kondogbia is smart business as if Atletico sign Kamara then he'll surely be available for the right price. Getting him from Atletico if we sign Kamara seems unlikely.

Not exactly the most reliable source, but Villamole seems to think we had positive talks with Kamara's agent at the Belfry a few weeks back? Apparently is being sold on our project as well. 

If true that's very promising...

19 minutes ago, Rustibrooks said:

Not exactly the most reliable source, but Villamole seems to think we had positive talks with Kamara's agent at the Belfry a few weeks back? Apparently is being sold on our project as well. 

If true that's very promising...

Wonder why villamole didn’t report this great scoop a few weeks back 🤔🤥😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

If Atletico agreed €115k let week with his agent. That's £100k. We can surely top that say £125k and a sign on bonus. We have Coutinho signed and am sure can lay out the project we can get in amongst the big 6 with the amount we can spend and how well managed our squad has been. He'll work for Gerrard and we can essentially guarantee his game time as he's being signed exactly for his best position CDM in a 3 man midfield. 

If it's between us at Atletico we could won this with the higher financial package and the fact our CEO is there doing a pitch for how much we want you to join. 

8 minutes ago, Nigel said:

I just cant see this one happening. Being on a free means pretty much all the big clubs will be after him....and Man U!

Why would him being on a free matter to the big clubs. The clubs who finances are not an issue. They need specific players who make an impact immediately. 

2 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

Why would him being on a free matter to the big clubs. The clubs who finances are not an issue. They need specific players who make an impact immediately. 

Because a sale in a season or 2 would help their ffp

• Like 1

Just now, Nigel said:

Because a sale in a season or 2 would help their ffp

FFP is irrelevant to Man United. They have so much money they pay out dividends. Buying a player they won't play often to try sell him later is pointless.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

FFP is irrelevant to Man United. They have so much money they pay out dividends. Buying a player they won't play often to try sell him later is pointless.

Yes but they are not all in the same boat.

However the more pertinent point is that a lot of the traditional big teams are really struggling for money, so a signing like this is too good to turn down.

12 hours ago, punkiller1981 said:

Having watched Phillips a couple of times since his most recent injury I wouldn’t go near him. Leeds will want silly money for him and although I think he is an ok player I wouldn’t break the bank for him. Maybe 3 years ago when we first got promoted that would have been a good signing but not now.

While I agree that there are better players we could sign over Phillips, i'm certain he'd improve us if he was in our midfield. He may be playing poor at the minute, but he has missed lots of games and is still working his way back to full fitness. He is also playing in a team on the verge of relegation. As a result i'm sure he is significantly better than his current showings.

• Like 1

I think this is one French midfielder that might finally work for us.  I rate Sanson and have no clue why he hasn't been used,  but seeing as he hasn't it suggests he'll be one of the players we sell this summer. 

Kamara is the pick of the CDM options for me at the moment.

• Like 2

On 10/05/2022 at 16:49, Nigel said:

I just cant see this one happening. Being on a free means pretty much all the big clubs will be after him....and Man U!

he's been available to sign on a free for 5 months now and still none of these big clubs supposedly interested have signed him

i think he's got an agent who thinks he's better than he is

10 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

he's been available to sign on a free for 5 months now and still none of these big clubs supposedly interested have signed him

i think he's got an agent who thinks he's better than he is

Just because he can sign a contract with another clubs for the past 5 months, doesn't mean he has to sign the first contract offered, him and his agent are obviously gonna pick the best option for the player, and they are in no rush to do so.  Plenty of players out of contract haven't signed with other clubs yet, Mbappe, Pogba, Dembele?

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, duke313 said:

Just because he can sign a contract with another clubs for the past 5 months, doesn't mean he has to sign the first contract offered, him and his agent are obviously gonna pick the best option for the player, and they are in no rush to do so.  Plenty of players out of contract haven't signed with other clubs yet, Mbappe, Pogba, Dembele?

Agree,  he'd be nuts to jump into an early contract without seeing the market. He will have loads of offers!

20 hours ago, Nigel said:

Agree,  he'd be nuts to jump into an early contract without seeing the market. He will have loads of offers!

but that kinda means, we only get what the so called big clubs don't want.....How do we progress, like that?

"All that glitters is not gold"

We have to have confidence in what we are building.

The other consideration from his camp is.....he could miss out from a club interested in doing early business, by waiting for all the offers......"The early bird catching the worm" applies to both sides, club and player.

Edited by TRO

21 hours ago, duke313 said:

We'll see, I stand by my thoughts that him being linked to the biggest clubs in Europe is his agent doing what agents do and he'll sign for a club of our stature somewhere not a man utd or atletico and for nowhere near the money touted 

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â