Boubacar Kamara

Delphinho123

1 hour ago, omariqy said:

The fact that Gerrard, Lange and Purlsow went to see him, makes me think there is something to this one

Was also a link to that Caleta Car so we aren't sure who they went to watch that day

If it is down to Atletico and us then he will probably choose them. Its a bit worrying that for the hype of the last 18 months that he isnt being chased from bigger teams. Maybe is an issue we dont know

11 minutes ago, Steero113 said:

He's being chased by the Spanish champions, how much bigger are you requiring? 

United have been linked for 2 years and now they dont have a midfield but have gone cold on him. 

Maybe is an underlying issue that we are not aware 

5 minutes ago, Zatman said:

United have been linked for 2 years and now they dont have a midfield but have gone cold on him. 

Maybe Man United have a new manager, who wants to have a say in who they sign. Maybe they want to sign a player better than him, who is more experienced. We aren't Man United

12 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Gloriously positive as always Zat 😉

• Haha 2

27 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

Maybe Man United have a new manager, who wants to have a say in who they sign. Maybe they want to sign a player better than him, who is more experienced. We aren't Man United

image.jpeg.e95de2f2fa836f26cb6be0e0b1dd2ce6.jpeg

• Haha 1

I'm quite surprised he's played so much regular football for 4 season now at Marseille as he's only 22. Plus he's played 28 games in Europe (CL 5, EL 16 , ECL 7).

He started as a CB so that's good to have the extra cover, aerial threat and he's over 6' tall. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

I'm quite surprised he's played so much regular football for 4 season now at Marseille as he's only 22. Plus he's played 28 games in Europe (CL 5, EL 16 , ECL 7).

He started as a CB so that's good to have the extra cover, aerial threat and he's over 6' tall. 

I've not seen a lot of him, don't watch the French league.  But for someone his age to have so many senior appearances, surely a good sign.

52 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Thing is Man Utd have been a bit of a mess for the last 5 years, they have made the wrong signings for a while now so they are not exactly the best example, they'll likely spend the money on Philips. I just think we are in a position where we can land a very good player for free, these are the opportunities the club have said they want to take advantage of for a while now.

• Like 1

Just watched a 10 min vid of him and i am now convinced he is the greatest dm on the planet. 

.. ok ..maybe not but i just love how he nicks the ball away from oponents. Not the biggest player out there but he reads the game very well it seems and is very aggressive yet controlled in his tackling. 

The only way we get him in my opinion is him and his agent calling the shots. So a 3 or 4 year deal on big big money that he never renews unless we get Champions League in that time. It gives him the stage to showcase his talent to the world  and then if he is good enough he makes the step up to one of the European biggies on another freebie in his mid 20s for even bigger money. 

51 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

This is a massive plus for me.

2 birds with 1 stone.

We would be well stacked in that area, for Injuries and loss of form etc.

As well as have cover for DM.

4 hours ago, Delphinho123 said:

One thing I will say is, if we sign Kamara, we need to sign another DM to play alongside him. 

He probably has the highest ceiling of all the DM’s we’ve been linked to, but it’s a helluva task asking a young lad who doesn’t know the league to come in and instantly solve all of our DM problems. 

If we can get Kamara on a free, I think that needs to be paired with signing someone like Phillips, Bissouma or Ndidi. Someone who can help him and who has that bit of experience. 

If we can get two new defensive minded midfielders to sit in front of our back 4, we’ll be so much better. 

If we buy another midfielder in addition to Kamara (or similar) I think it needs to be one who can retain the ball under pressure and pick out a pass. We give the ball away to often in midfield and will never become the possession-based team Gerrard wants with the current set of midfielders. 

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

i think the underlying issue is he's not that level, utd were linked to buying him, barca were linked to buying him, then both were linked to signing him Jan 1st on a free, newcastle were heavily linked to buying him, now atletico are linked and he apparently has huge wage demands (the sun are saying £150k a week), he's been available for 5 months and no one has signed him

I think we are his level and the rest is a load of bollocks to get a pay day, agent fishing 

if he doesnt sign for us he will sign for someone like palace 

It's worth trying to sign him but obviously difficult to compete with Atletico. The other teams probably registered interest but he's like 4th on their list of targets and he knows he might struggle for game time. 

So he wants say £150k per week + £5m sign on bonus, that's equivalent to 8.8m per year cost over 5 years.

I assume we would value him at say £26m + 90k per week if we were bidding on him if he had 2 years left on contract. That equates to ~£10m per year in cost over 5 years.

So numbers stack up fine. Worry is paying such a young player 150k per week is tricky for the squad

• Like 3

I think we want to get this closed before end of the month one way or another as we need to move onto other targets. Negotiations with a players agent should be quicker than trying to deal with transfer fees and then the players agent. 

3 hours ago, Made In Aston said:

If we buy another midfielder in addition to Kamara (or similar) I think it needs to be one who can retain the ball under pressure and pick out a pass. We give the ball away to often in midfield and will never become the possession-based team Gerrard wants with the current set of midfielders. 

My gut is a senior player will be brought in for midfield if we sign Kamara. 

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â