Rodrigo Bentancur

Delphinho123

Just now, jacketspuds said:

We went back with an increased offer for Smith-Rowe, but they still rejected it. If we’ve offered £25m for Bissouma, but they want £50m, I’m not sure an extra £10m will do it.

I'd be confident (based on absolutely nothing) that they'd accept £35-40m. It's not my money so I hope we pay it. Just find some fake Chinese betting company to partner with - they'll fund it. 

42 minutes ago, Peter Griffin said:

I don't see the relevance of the fact that Luiz has 18 months left. If we need to replace him then we should replace him with a better version. There will be lots of time in the summer to do this if necessary. The club a player plays for should not blinker us to the quality of the player. For example I would not want to see us buy Pogba and he plays for a bigger team to Juve

Marginally bigger, if at all.  It's Juventus, not Udinese.

40 minutes ago, HalfTimePost said:

He's a good player at a good age and for £16m would be a risk free and smart bit of business.

I am not sure it is risk free. Maybe the financial risk maybe very low but the greater risk is the opportunity to get the right DCM in as part of our 1st 11. If we get the wrong guy it could limit our progression

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Just logging on, so is he good or shite this morning?

Last night it was 50/50 and had even some of the same people flip flopping on themselves. lol

I would hazard a guess his abilities are intact.

As for us fans well...humility isn't one of our strengths

Edited by osmark86
  • Like 1

Seems he played a brilliant game last night. Our scouts were there to watch so glad he upped his game. 

I think players can improve significantly when they are played in a system which perfectly suits their game. Take Nakamaba when employed as the destroyer in our more defensive 3 man midfield. 

I have a lot of faith in Lange, Gerrard et el picking the right players for the club and system. 

I've got a thought, what if Bissouma is too " rich  for this window but we want a DCM for now.

So we are trying to go for a more cost efficient option, while we monitor Bissouma and go big for him in the summer?

Calculated risk, but might be for the best.

I expect any of these deals to probably drag out until the end of this window. 

For example, if Brighton caved and accepted an offer from another club for Bissouma, ( at a better price ) I think we would match it instantly.

If Bissouma doesn't look like moving, we might just settle for Bentacur, Kamara etc. for now.

Don't be surprised to see 1 or 2 of our current midfielders moved on in the summer, to accomodate an overall strengthening of the position.

CM squad of: McGinn | Luiz | Bentacur | Bissouma | Ramsey 

Hell of an upgrade in the department IMO.

1 of Sanson or Nakamba moved on, or both?

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN

5 minutes ago, duke313 said:

Marginally bigger, if at all.  It's Juventus, not Udinese.

Man Utd. are almost 40% bigger than Juventus in terms of revenue and fan base. 

On the pitch... both mediocre at best at present :P 

• Like 1

16m vs 50m for similar players at similar ages, probably wanting similar wages. 

So the question is, is premier league experience worth £34m to Villa or getting a a cut price (potentially) underachieving Uruguayan international from a underachieving top team worth the risk?  

Personally I don’t think Bissouma is worth that kind of money. And I don’t think Bentancur is worth the risk. 

The choice feels like either getting rammed in the ass by Graham Potter or getting a Turd Pizza from Juve 

giphy.gif?cid=5e214886lw3lk70q919e3vf628

• Like 2

1 minute ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I've got a thought, what if Bissouma is too " rich  for this window but we want a DCM for now.

So we are trying to go for a more cost efficient option, while we monitor Bissouma and go big for him in the summer?

Calculated risk, but might be for the best.

I expect any of these deals to probably drag out until the end of this window. 

For example, if Brighton caved and accepted an offer from another club for Bissouma, ( at a better price ) I think we would match it instantly.

If Bissouma doesn't look like moving, we might just settle for Bentacur, Kamara etc. for now.

Don't be surprised to see 1 or 2 of our current midfielders moved on in the summer, to accomodate an overall strengthening of the position.

CM squad of: McGinn | Luiz | Bentacur | Bissouma | Ramsey

1 of Sanson or Nakamba moved on, or both?

Bentancur and Bissouma are essentially the same player with one key standout strength each. 

Bissouma is an elite carrier of the ball. 

Bentancur is an elite passer. 

Defensively they are as good as each other so its either/or in my opinion. It will be interesting to see which one we are able to land. 

Nakamba has already proven himself a more than capable understudy at DM. 

Sanson is excellent and has a place in this squad long term imo. 

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

I'd be confident (based on absolutely nothing) that they'd accept £35-40m. It's not my money so I hope we pay it. Just find some fake Chinese betting company to partner with - they'll fund it. 

Xia is gone dude, you got to get over it 😉

Rodrigo Bentancur does not improve our midfield so for me would be a waste of £16 Million. No point signing players for the sake of it, If we cant get our number 1 target (Clearly its Bissouma) then we should just wait it out until the summer.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Steero113 said:

Bentancur and Bissouma are essentially the same player with one key standout strength each. 

Bissouma is an elite carrier of the ball. 

Bentancur is an elite passer. 

Defensively they are as good as each other so its either/or in my opinion. It will be interesting to see which one we are able to land. 

Nakamba has already proven himself a more than capable understudy at DM. 

Sanson is excellent and has a place in this squad long term imo. 

Don't get me wrong, I like both Sanson and Nakamba as well, but I know it is impossible to keep all, and keep them happy.

Although, I reckon Nakamba is more in the Koutney Hause mold, with regards to being patient and biding his time with us.

Sanson will definitely want to play, he didn't come here for the bench, and i'm sure he rates himself, especially given his history/pedigree.

3 minutes ago, CarryOnVilla said:

16m vs 50m for similar players at similar ages, probably wanting similar wages. 

So the question is, is premier league experience worth £34m to Villa or getting a a cut price (potentially) underachieving Uruguayan international from a underachieving top team worth the risk?  

Personally I don’t think Bissouma is worth that kind of money. And I don’t think Bentancur is worth the risk. 

The choice feels like either getting rammed in the ass by Graham Potter or getting a Turd Pizza from Juve 

giphy.gif?cid=5e214886lw3lk70q919e3vf628

I think the issue is the fee for Bissouma would be too high and he'd want to be the best paid player if he came for a fee north of 40m. Also I can't see any reason if I were Bissouma I'd not wait until summer. Far more likely to get a move to a bigger club than us come then

17 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Just logging on, so is he good or shite this morning?

Last night it was 50/50 and had even some of the same people flip flopping on themselves. lol

He’s a good player but is suffering from Bertrand Traore syndrome, it’s this thing where other fans tell you he’s sh*t ,and then he plays a good game but you can’t see it because the other guys told you he’s crap 🐑,  only problem is it could be a case of him adjusting to the pace of the premier league for the rest  of the season if he signs, Bissouma is more for here and now but he’s expensive almost overpriced, Bentancur would be great value for money with the eye on becoming a regular and important member of the team next season, it’s almost Similar to the Sanson situation if he really valued as low as £16m.

Edited by gwi1890
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Don't get me wrong, I like both Sanson and Nakamba as well, but I know it is impossible to keep all, and keep them happy.

Although, I reckon Nakamba is more in the Koutney Hause mold, with regards to being patient and biding his time with us.

Sanson will definitely want to play, he didn't come here for the bench, and i'm sure he rates himself, especially given his history/pedigree.

Players need to wait and take their chances. If McGinn got an injury which kept him out for 4/5 weeks Sanson would get a run of games. Luiz is benefiting from Nakamba being out injured for example. Having very talented players ready to impress when they come into the team is so so important for us as a club. It means there isn't a drop off in our first 11 due to injuries / suspensions and it really drives the standards knowing if you drop off them Gerrard will give another player the chance. 

Sanson for example was great against United, his mistake was unfortunate. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, messi11 said:

Rodrigo Bentancur does not improve our midfield so for me would be a waste of £16 Million. No point signing players for the sake of it, If we cant get our number 1 target (Clearly its Bissouma) then we should just wait it out until the summer.

Listen. I'm up for whoever we get out of the three we're touted for.

But its pretty clear that Bissouma is not our number one target. Yes, we may have made an inquiry, and maybe even a tentative bid of £25m as per Percy, but at that level it doesn't shout out that we are wanting to make it happen at all costs. It feels very much like the JWP and Smith-Rowe attempts in the summer, "ah well if we get him haven't we done well". 

Emi Buendia, our real number one target in the summer, we spent the money they asked for and went and got him, no questions asked and ensured no competition could come in, even Arsenal.  

PS: If you think that Rodrigo Bentancur wouldn't improve our squad (bearing in mind he's being touted at £16m that's a squad player figure) then I cannot help you. 

Edited by Steero113
  • Like 2
  • Shocked 1

He played a solid game last night.

Two things concern me about him.

1) his manager's opinion about him not being able to play in front of his defence because he takes "one to three seconds to play the ball".

2) His lack of sharp pace to make recovery tackles (Luiz's main weakness) which is essential in the Premier League.

Our CB's can go walkabout sometimes so I think we need a super reactive player to patrol the area in front of them, and get back swiftly to help them out when necessary. From the limited research that I've done I'm not sure Bentancur is the best fit for that. From what I've seen of him going forward the rest of his game is quite impressive. 

• Like 1

Â