Rodrigo Bentancur

Delphinho123

3 minutes ago, Awol said:

Italian sources (quoting Football Insider 😀) seem to think it’s slowly being done: 

https://www.corrieredellosport.it/news/calcio/calcio-mercato/juventus/2022/01/27-89287599/_juve_stop_per_arthur_all_arsenal_bentancur_verso_l_aston_villa_

Google Translate: 

F604CBC5-819F-4217-B3E3-1B83652F186C.jpeg

Football insider?!? Uchhhhhhhh

at least they are more reliable than Gregg Evans and the Birmingham Mail 

Just now, CarryOnVilla said:

Football insider?!? Uchhhhhhhh

at least they are more reliable than Gregg Evans and the Birmingham Mail 

Gregg did say this deal was very complicated and hard to get done. He wasn’t wrong about that, seemingly. The Birmingham Mail is something else, the OG of media muppets. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Awol said:

Gregg did say this deal was very complicated and hard to get done. He wasn’t wrong about that, seemingly. The Birmingham Mail is something else, the OG of media muppets. 

In all fairness to ol Gregg , I’m believing he’s correct. I’m suspecting this deal isn’t going to happen 

Reach media group (owners of BM is horrendous. All their local news sites  are utter trash 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, PieFacE said:
I don't think this one will get done sadly. Would have expected it to move a bit quicker if it was. 

Juve are desperate for the money to help with other potential signings.  A little "go slow" in negotiations just means that we get a bit closer to the point where they have to accept an offer closer to what we want to pay rather than to what they want us to pay.  Next step will be a quote from a source within Villa saying "we won't be rushed into signings this window, if we have to wait until the summer for the right signing(s) then we will" just to re-iterate that we can wait until the summer before completing the deal and it won't be a problem.

I think NSWE/Purslow have to be careful that clubs don't get the idea that they can jack up the price when they see us coming in for a player. It may be tough for fans sometimes (I felt the pain with Bissouma) but it is the right thing to do for future negotiations.

Obviously I don't advocate us turning in to "Daniel Levy .... Clown" but a lack of common sense gets noticed and played upon as Newcastle will find out.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, The Fun Factory said:

Sorry why would his wages double?  Juve aren't exactly poor are they. Ramsey is on 400k  a week.

Didnt they bought him as a kid with potential, as he's only 24 his earning power increases dramatically, his next senior contract was always likely going to be the biggest of his career?

1 minute ago, The Fun Factory said:

Sorry why would his wages double?  Juve aren't exactly poor are they. Ramsey is on 400k  a week.

He's one of the lowest earners at the club - rumoured to be around €70k per week.  If we pay around £100k then that would be "in the region of" doubling his wages.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, villabromsgrove said:

Sanson's upturn in form and sharpness in training, can give us some breathing space between now and the Summer transfer window if necessary.

I think JJ suddenly coming to life is more important.  Has genuinely given us a midfield trio in the last few weeks.  If we end the season with Luiz, McGinn and JJ all playing well then we won't be in a bad position.  Handy for other clubs to realise that too, certainly helps in negotiations - whereas everyone knows that Newcastle need to sign 16 new players and are so desperate that they are more likely to have to pay over the odds.

7 minutes ago, villabromsgrove said:

Sanson's upturn in form and sharpness in training, can give us some breathing space between now and the Summer transfer window if necessary.

I do not think it's an upturn in form, more likely we are seeing a player returning from one injury after another, the upturn in form is coming, the player we signed has yet to fully make his mark.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, allani said:

I think JJ suddenly coming to life is more important.  Has genuinely given us a midfield trio in the last few weeks.  If we end the season with Luiz, McGinn and JJ all playing well then we won't be in a bad position.  Handy for other clubs to realise that too, certainly helps in negotiations - whereas everyone knows that Newcastle need to sign 16 new players and are so desperate that they are more likely to have to pay over the odds.

I agree with you about the quality of JJ, but I also think that there is far more to Sanson than we've yet seen due to constant injuries and niggles. He was a £40 million rated player about three seasons ago, and he's shown some of that re emerging quality in cameos recently in my opinion.

Edited by villabromsgrove
missing word
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, Phil Silvers said:

I do not think it's an upturn in form, more likely we are seeing a player returning from one injury after another, the upturn in form is coming, the player we signed has yet to fully make his mark.

I was just typing exactly the same thoughts as yours when you posted .... Great minds think alike Phil. 😀

• Like 1

Just now, villabromsgrove said:

I agree with you about the quality of JJ, but I also think that there is far more to Sanson than we've yet seen due to constant injuries and niggles. He was a £40 million rated player about seasons ago, and he's shown some of that re emerging quality in cameos recently in my opinion.

I thought Sanson looked good against Man Utd.  Would be good to see him stay fit for an extended period of time and really push his case.  I do think that with Chuk, Sanson and JJ (assuming we do bring in another midfielder) pushing it should do nothing but improve McGinn and Luiz - who have both been pretty much updroppable for too long.

• Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â