Rodrigo Bentancur

Delphinho123

22 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

This is Gerrard direct quote that I can find

“We want [McGinn] remain a Villa player and we can’t be clearer about that. We love the player, we love the human being and we want to help him. 

I'm just not convinced he'll want to build a team around McGinn as a guaranteed starter, when he's said he wants to become a possession based team.

30 minutes ago, TRO said:

Its like going in to a used car showroom and saying....." All these cars must be **** because you don't want to keep them for yourself.

come on guys.

spacer.png

Edited by sparrow1988
  • Haha 3

22 minutes ago, TRO said:

Its like going in to a used car showroom and saying....." All these cars must be **** because you don't want to keep them for yourself.

come on guys.

I think the patter goes something like this. “She’s a beautiful motor isn’t she sir? The Wife has got her eye on it but I’ve told her, we have to put our customers first darling, those weekends away in Barcelona don’t come free with a packet of cornflakes. Although for that price she might have to settle for a weekend in Bognor next time. I’m  more or less giving it away. She won’t be happy when she knows it’s gone, but as I say, the customer always comes first….”

2 hours ago, KAZZAM said:

We could play like this

Cash Konsa Mings Digne

Bentancur - Luiz

Ramsey

Buendia.    Coutinho 

Watkins 

a 4-2-4 diamond or 4-2-1-2-1

That team would be much better at keeping the ball than the one that started this season. The entire midfield is comfortable in possession.

2 hours ago, KAZZAM said:

We could play like this

Cash Konsa Mings Digne

Bentancur - Luiz

Ramsey

Buendia.    Coutinho 

Watkins 

a 4-2-4 diamond or 4-2-1-2-1

we wont though, Gerrard plays 433 (4321) type formation.

Literally no point in citing other formations m8, as the base/most used formation (not trying to be a d*** - just stating the fact is all).

Although, the players you note above would also fit just fine in to the 433/4321 formation np.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

Literally no point in citing other formations m8, as the base/most used formation (not trying to be a d*** - just stating the fact is all).

Although, the players you note above would also fit just fine in to the 433/4321 formation np.

Only thing that changes in the 433 is the midfield 3 will play in a flat line. Looks like that would be the starting XI if he signs and things settle, regardless of formation.

1 minute ago, Keyblade said:

Only thing that changes in the 433 is the midfield 3 will play in a flat line. Looks like that would be the starting XI if he signs and things settle, regardless of formation.

well, thats debatable, but yes it certainly could be the possible starting 11.

I suppose the debate from that 11 (for me at least), is Luiz vs McGinn vs Sanson (for the Luiz spot), and Ings vs Watkins.

But ye, completely agree its correct or close to correct for the best 11.

2 hours ago, messi11 said:

Other things I find concerning about this transfer: 

1) No other clubs are after Rodrigo Bentancur. Its just Villa. No one else wants him. Why? 
2) Juventus cant wait to sell him, Even with a 50% of the money going to Boca they and willing to sell him for just 18Million. They want him GONE

ings, luiz, bailey, watkins, sanson, traore, digne, martinez

just a few recent signings off the top of my head where there were no credible links to other decent teams aside from us

the only signing i can really remember us having a strong rival was buendia

barcelona are willing to let a guy they paid over 140m for go for 30m. they also wanted him GONE. teams in europe need to free their wage bills up

• Like 4

bbd0397c8f69c07867f6f14947b3fd2d.gif&f=1
Keeping digging everybody!

We are sure to find a negative to buying a proven high quality Champions League midfielder at a great price eventually!

There has to be one down there somewhere! Remember we are Aston Villa! It cant be that we are just doing a good job!

• Like 3

2 hours ago, messi11 said:

Other things I find concerning about this transfer: 

1) No other clubs are after Rodrigo Bentancur. Its just Villa. No one else wants him. Why? 
2) Juventus cant wait to sell him, Even with a 50% of the money going to Boca they and willing to sell him for just 18Million. They want him GONE

But consider this:

• Like 2

1 hour ago, thunderball said:

But consider this:

He's been pretty poor since that summer. That's why all their fans are on him.

If he signs, hopefully he can recapture the form that made that interest develop.

I'm sure he'll need a bit of time because he does like to take his time the lad, bit ponderous at times. I'm sure coaching team must have noticed that and think they can get it out of him.

2 hours ago, MaVilla said:

To be fair  We played a diamond midfield in possession for all the games Watkins and Ings played together, and the 433/4321 in transition/out of possession.

39 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

He's been pretty poor since that summer. That's why all their fans are on him.

If he signs, hopefully he can recapture the form that made that interest develop.

I'm sure he'll need a bit of time because he does like to take his time the lad, bit ponderous at times. I'm sure coaching team must have noticed that and think they can get it out of him.

I know little about this guy, but simply don’t buy he is poor. Is he poor or not as good as he was, like say Ronaldo is not as good as he was? He is a decorated international, is holding down a starting place for Juventus keeping plenty of decent players out of the team, and plays Champions league. Who are the mugs here? Juventus? I don’t get why so many have chosen to polarise around the ‘he is sh*t’ narrative without any discerning evidence. Is it just because he is not Bissouma?

• Like 3

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â