Rodrigo Bentancur

Delphinho123

Arsenal fans on Twitter now somehow convinced they’re signing Douglas Luiz after we’ve signed this dude. 

Firstly, they’re wrong because we’ve been playing Dougie out of position. Secondly, I like that they’re eyeing up our squad players. How times have changed.

Hope Dougie stays. 

10 hours ago, Aston_Villan4 said:

Ehh I wouldn't be too worried about that yet. Only reason they have Wood is because they were the only one willing to pay his 25million release clause and Trippier went there because of Howe. Similar to Coutinho and Gerrard. Except we will be fighting for a European spot next year whilst they will be waffling around the relegation zone. Money will attract some players but they're still a terrible team at the bottom of the table.

Wood made sense, can hit the ground running and knows the league. £25m is peanuts for them, they will bin him off at the end of the season. They will make some big signings in the summer, money talks.

8 minutes ago, WallisFrizz said:

Arsenal fans on Twitter now somehow convinced they’re signing Douglas Luiz after we’ve signed this dude. 

Firstly, they’re wrong because we’ve been playing Dougie out of position. Secondly, I like that they’re eyeing up our squad players. How times have changed.

Hope Dougie stays. 

Remember when their fans they were convinced Grealish was heading to them this summer?  🤣

Which club has the most delusional fanbase now?  Arsenal, Newcastle, or Leeds?

12 minutes ago, WHY said:

Wood made sense, can hit the ground running and knows the league. £25m is peanuts for them, they will bin him off at the end of the season. They will make some big signings in the summer, money talks.

Wood is proven in the Championship, they won’t bin him off.

18 minutes ago, WHY said:

Doesn’t matter how much their owners have in their Piggy Bank. FFP will apply, their spending will be dictated by their turnover.

2 minutes ago, meregreen said:

Doesn’t matter how much their owners have in their Piggy Bank. FFP will apply, their spending will be dictated by their turnover.

Man City's turnover is greater than Liverpool and Uniteds. Go figure. Newcastle's will be too soon. 

15 minutes ago, KMitch said:

Remember when their fans they were convinced Grealish was heading to them this summer?  🤣

Which club has the most delusional fanbase now?  Arsenal, Newcastle, or Leeds?

It's still Arsenal.

They're convinced every footballer in the world supports Arsenal, and that they could sign any of them

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Man City's turnover is greater than Liverpool and Uniteds. Go figure. Newcastle's will be too soon. 

They’re not allowed to sponsor themselves though. After Man City got their owners airline to pay £300,000,000 to sponsor them, it was so outrageous, that loophole was closed. 

6 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Man City were taken over in 2008 and the FFP rules weren't implemented until 2012. They had a massive advantage in growing their turnover back then as they were able to attract massive sponsors (cough), big name players and managers very very quickly without the worry of sanctions or action being taken. 

Those circumstances just don't exist now. Newcastle will take a lot longer to grow their revenue than City.

Edited by Steero113
  • Like 4

4 minutes ago, Steero113 said:

Man City were taken over in 2008 and the FFP rules weren't implemented until 2012. They had a massive advantage in growing their turnover back then as they were able to attract massive sponsors (cough), big name players and managers very very quickly without the worry of sanctions or action being taken. 

Those circumstances just don't exist now. Newcastle will take a lot longer to grow their revenue than City.

I hope so, but they'll find a loophole or two. Hell, we are, are we not sponsored by a pretend Chinese betting company?

I agree they'll find it harder, but I wouldn't be surprised if they push the rules to the limit. 

1 minute ago, Lord Willard said:

Not too fussed about this. Not sure what the stats were meant to prove but all I can see is that McGinn is still better and people want him dropped 😅

He's competing with Luiz & Nakamba, not McGinn.

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, MSvillain said:

Moving from Boca to a Serie A club he probably isn't on an outrageous wage.

May be on £40k/week or something like that...

I know European football clubs love the media but this level of disclosure seems unlikely mid-negotiations. Are they leaving the room to call Fabrizio? 

Â