Rodrigo Bentancur

Delphinho123

4 hours ago, WHY said:

The one positive after watching him against Milan is that I know appreciate Dougie more.  If Juve really want between £20/£25m I really hope we walk away. Any signings now aren’t going to get us Europe. Only reason I think we are looking now is because Newcastle will be in the same market as us in the summer, if they stay up. They will blow us out the water unfortunately, in terms of fees and wages!

Ehh I wouldn't be too worried about that yet. Only reason they have Wood is because they were the only one willing to pay his 25million release clause and Trippier went there because of Howe. Similar to Coutinho and Gerrard. Except we will be fighting for a European spot next year whilst they will be waffling around the relegation zone. Money will attract some players but they're still a terrible team at the bottom of the table.

Edited by Aston_Villan4

Can’t get on board with the notion that £16m is ‘cheap’. Yes, it’s cheap if that player comes in and improves the team but it’s a complete waste of money if he doesn’t. 

I’m hoping this one doesn’t go through and we evaluate the position in the Summer to be honest. I don’t even think he’s a defensive midfielder. 

13 minutes ago, LondonLax said:

A few of these sources saying he’s not willing to drop to a club out of the champions league.

It’s not looking likely is it?

No but I thought these things were sounded out with players agents (or Luis Suarez!)before we started putting offers in. 

22 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Can’t get on board with the notion that £16m is ‘cheap’. Yes, it’s cheap if that player comes in and improves the team but it’s a complete waste of money if he doesn’t. 

I’m hoping this one doesn’t go through and we evaluate the position in the Summer to be honest. I don’t even think he’s a defensive midfielder. 

It's cheap in today's PL money. Webster went to Brighton from Championship for £20 million what... 3 seasons ago?

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

It's cheap in today's PL money. Webster went to Brighton from Championship for £20 million what... 3 seasons ago?

It’s cheap in that sense but it’s only cheap if he improves the team, which as I’m sure you’ve recognised now, I don’t think he will. It’s a waste of money if he comes in and just sits on the bench and we can’t get rid of him. 

2 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

It’s cheap in that sense but it’s only cheap if he improves the team, which as I’m sure you’ve recognised now, I don’t think he will. It’s a waste of money if he comes in and just sits on the bench and we can’t get rid of him. 

He’s starting at Juventus. He wouldn’t be sitting on our bench 😂

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, LondonLax said:

He’s starting at Juventus. He wouldn’t be sitting on our bench 😂

There are plenty of players at clubs higher than us in the table that wouldn’t start for us. Just because he plays for Juventus, doesn’t mean he’ll start here. 

43 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

So you are saying that one of the top five midfielders aged 23 or younger (as of May last year) in an elite European league based on him being in the 75th percentile of his peer group for ball winning, ball retention AND progression is likely to be a complete waste of money and not improve our team.  OK.

Edited by allani
  • Like 4

9 minutes ago, allani said:

So you are saying that one of the top five midfielders aged 23 or younger (as of May last year) in an elite European league based on him being in the 75th percentile of his peer group for ball winning, ball retention AND progression is likely to be a complete waste of money and not improve our team.  OK.

Yep. 

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

There are plenty of players at clubs higher than us in the table that wouldn’t start for us. Just because he plays for Juventus, doesn’t mean he’ll start here. 

Well, maybe, but we have one recognised number 6 who whilst being Marvellous is also injured. Luiz has also stated he'd like to be a number 8 so if we want to keep him we need a 6. I really don't see how you think Bentancur would not start as our number 6 given we don't actually have one at the moment?

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Given how juve are travelling this season its the equivalent of saying that any of arsenals, first team would be guaranteed a start for us, which is definitely not the case

2 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

You could sign Messi and there's a chance he won't improve your team, for a number of circumstantial reasons (actually playing out in real life right now). 

It's extremely cheap relative to what you're paying for. The type of experience he has etc. £16m nowadays is what you'd pay for a well-performing Championship player. To get a player that has 45 caps for a good national team as well as 170+ appearances for one of the titans of Italian football is insane. It's not like he's been frozen out either, he's practically been first choice since he joined. You can't even get that Carvalho kid from Fulham for that much.

Whether or not it works out for him here and he improves us is a separate matter.

If his pedigree is so great and has bern practically first choice since he joined, why exactly is he being allowed to leave for such an extremely cheap price?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Laughable Chimp said:

If his pedigree is so great and has bern practically first choice since he joined, why exactly is he being allowed to leave for such an extremely cheap price?

I mean, I could speculate, but I don't even know if these reports are accurate or not. I'm just saying the price is crazy cheap, if true.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Laughable Chimp said:

Could be as simple as they need the money and doesn't fit the managers style of play/formation

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, MSvillain said:

Could be as simple as they need the money and doesn't fit the managers style of play/formation

Allegri has only recently switched to a 4-2-3-1 which lets him play in front of the defence where he likes to play, before that  he was on the right of a 3 and had Locatelli and Arthur in front of him in the pecking order for the central position.

• Like 1

Â