Rodrigo Bentancur

Delphinho123

3 minutes ago, Steero113 said:

image.png.4c0220da7beb4d69695b4dfca6ee4835.png

He is an elite passer, based on his last 4 seasons stats as well as reports from many repuatable Serie A stats gurus and pundits who watch him play. 

He is listed as having strong passing on nearly all well known football stats sites as well. 

image.png.7c22329e9fbdbd254bf50a50e9597655.png

I am not claiming to be an expert on the player, I have only seen him in CL games and last night, but cutting and pasting two or 3 extracts from a forum to suit your agenda is a little silly. 

The guy can clearly pass. 

Look at that passes into penalty area stat though, not interested!!!

• Haha 4

1 minute ago, MSvillain said:

Look at that passes into penalty area stat though, not interested!!!

Agreed. Defensive Midfielders should top the passes into penalty area stat vs Midfielders.

We should pass on Bentancur 

• Haha 2

15 hours ago, Olof82Mellberg4 said:

These are words that mean nothing in reality.

'International player' means nothing. There are thousands of international footballers who aren't good enough for Villa.

Juventus aren't a great team anymore. They finished 4th last season, and they're 5th this season. In a very average league.

24 year old doesn't mean much when apparently he's getting worse.

You're the type of fan who are always in the wrong with these things. We've signed countless players like Targett, Traore, Barkley etc and people convince themselves that everybody is wrong and they're actually going to be really good, then all the criticism turns out to be true.

There's no way a player who struggles under pressure in Serie A is then coming to the PL and succeeding.

If that is to be the case.....then yes,  it would be a "pig in a poke"

Its a very tricky position to fill.....so many duds, floating around.

7 minutes ago, Indigo said:

I'll wait to hear Juve fans' opinions on what his BMI may be before I make any early judgements on that front.

If our fan base is anything to go by, it will be divided....so it depends on which Juve fans you go by.

I would hazard a guess, for £16 mill, you don't get much, unless its a fire sale.

Just now, TRO said:

If our fan base is anything to go by, it will be divided....so it depends on which Juve fans you go by.

I would hazard a guess, for £16 mill, you don't get much, unless its a fire sale.

We keep hearing they need money...

FWIW, I remember picking Bentancur in a 2018 World Cup fantasy football team off the rave reviews he was getting at the time.  I think on his World Cup debut, he did something silly like complete more passes than any Uruguayan player since a long, long way back.  He unlocks defences with his passes and passing range (I understand @messi11 is linking to some Juve forums, but Bentancur is literally renowned for his passing abilities :D.  Perhaps this is why they're being so critical?).  He's combative  but his passing is where he really shines.

Personally, I think it's a really exciting signing (if it happens) - and feels utterly ridiculous for the rumoured £16m.

Edited by bobzy
  • Like 1

Â