Formula One - 2022

BOF

Leclerc was incredible on those hard tyres after the safety car considering his damage and the tyre advantage of all around him. That 3 way battle with the Mercedes RB and Ferrari was pure F1. If only the Alpine and McLaren could compete as having Norris and Alonso back there unable to directly get stuck in was a shame 

6 minutes ago, BOF said:

And now we've a sprint race in Austria.

Yay ...

I don't like sprint races, but Austria is probably a perfect track for a sprint.

• Like 1

Just now, sparrow1988 said:

1 million times better than Imola for a sprint to be fair.

1 million times zero :P

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, BOF said:

1 million times zero :P

The sprint race at Imola had 18 overtakes. Therefore, there will be 18 milllion overtakes in the Austria sprint race.

Anchorman Science GIF - Anchorman Science Its Science - Discover & Share  GIFs

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

10 hours ago, Farlz said:

The dislike for both is the exact same in here.

No, it isn't. I haven't seen any Hamilton fanboys completely invent a story about Max, going so far as to provide a false quote and a link to an article which did not say anything like what was claimed, nor had any outlet claimed a similar story. Miami GP iirc

(You won't find it, I removed it a few weeks ago)

To go so far as to completely invent a story to discredit a driver you don't like is very strange behaviour

I guess it's an inevitable consequence and in a (small) way it's a positive, because it's what comes with a sport's growing popularity. For years this thread each season was a few of us and very little chat. Now the sport has grown it gets the support and by extension the partisanship. So it comes with the territory. It's definitely the worst thing about the thread but hey ho I try to ignore it and generally succeed.

This year has not been as bad as last year so that's progress :D

2 minutes ago, BOF said:

I guess it's an inevitable consequence and in a (small) way it's a positive, because it's what comes with a sport's growing popularity. For years this thread each season was a few of us and very little chat. Now the sport has grown it gets the support and by extension the partisanship. So it comes with the territory. It's definitely the worst thing about the thread but hey ho I try to ignore it and generally succeed.

This year has not been as bad as last year so that's progress :D

What annoys me most is not being able to say anything about Lewis or Max without someone saying "Yeah but Lewis" or "yeah but Max"

I happen to dislike both of them, they're both dickheads. Let me hate them both!

When Lewis was dominating I went off him quite a bit. Now he’s more of the underdog I can tolerate him more.

The Vettel 1 finger thing he used to do after every win used to really piss me off too.

I think what I dislike is when someone, anyone is totally dominating the sport.

Edited by Genie

Just now, Stevo985 said:

What annoys me most is not being able to say anything about Lewis or Max without someone saying "Yeah but Lewis" or "yeah but Max"

I happen to dislike both of them, they're both dickheads. Let me hate them both!

You're definitely allowed dislike both :D You should put a disclaimer for those who struggle to keep up - "Don't worry, I dislike the other one too".

• Haha 1

The comments above, I hope all drivers from yesterday get a fair share of wins, that is what F1 needs. I dislike a few drivers and I don't care if they win - I just want to see wheel to wheel racing.

And this year I really want Leclerc to win (the title) but cannot see that now. It'll probably be Max but it could be any from 5 or 6 if things continue like this. We do need some Mercedes wins as well to make that possible.

2 hours ago, BOF said:

The mad bit, once more.

5 cars from 5 different constructors separated by about 1 second with about 5 overtakes over the course of 1 lap.

It's like go karting at 180mph, the stuff we've all dreamed of.

The bizarre hatred and/or love for certain drivers in this thread aside, I feel like this clip encapsulates what is so great about the new regulations and the reason why I fangirl over only one person in F1 at the moment; Ross Brawn.

Pity Hamilton did that. 3 top constructors were all looking very racey. Could have really been the fly in the ointment this weekend. Could still recover tomorrow I guess.

• Like 1