Robin Olsen

Loxstock92

2 minutes ago, Pongo Waring said:

Would be a good keeper for a championship side. Good shot stopper.
Just cant play with his feet. Slow and distribution is poor. 

Think he actually got better with his feet… but probably worse with his shot stopping 🤣

We usually concede loads when he plays, probably cost us the ECL. Defenders played shite though, let him down at times... but he’s arguably a contributing factor to that too.

He’s got to go or be replaced, almost guarantees losses or capitulations. His nerves run through the team. Don’t want to see him in a CL game 😬

Honestly think he’ll still be our No 2 next season, absolutely zero speculation regarding us looking at keepers, I could even see Gauci doing a year in the championship he’s come from a really poor league but the club obviously see the potential in him.

14 minutes ago, sne said:

Absolutely zero noise in Swedish media to suggest he's on the move.

He has 1 year left on his contract and we've Gauci so we won't keep both around surely unless we make Olsen 3rd keeper. That wouldn't be good use for CL Squad as we'd take up 2 places instead 

1 minute ago, CVByrne said:

He has 1 year left on his contract and we've Gauci so we won't keep both around surely unless we make Olsen 3rd keeper. That wouldn't be good use for CL Squad as we'd take up 2 places instead 

I'm sure we'd love to get rid but no one will pay him close to what he's on here. Clubs in Scandinavia won't even offer 1/10th of that.

Yeah the problem is his wages, he is on 50k a week or something, nobody on their right.mind will offer close to that.

So I guess it's keep him, loan him and swallow some of his wages, or release him with a payoff like Chambers.

3 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

He seems to be very well respected and liked by the squad and Emery, can’t see him going anywhere 

They might like him but the defence definitely doesn't trust him when he's in nets. So much nervier. 

Just now, lexicon said:

They might like him but the defence definitely doesn't trust him when he's in nets. So much nervier. 

Sometimes you need the people in the dressing room though. I agree on the pitch he makes us nervous, but he seems very professional, will help push Emi and good person around. 
Spain have just won the euros, I’m sure most of us watching would say if they had a good number 9 they’d be unplayable, but I’ve seen a few reports saying how the players found Morata so important, not just because of what he did in the pitch, but the stuff off it. 
There has never been any noise about Emery replacing Olsen and I think that speaks volumes. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mikeyp102 said:

Sometimes you need the people in the dressing room though. I agree on the pitch he makes us nervous, but he seems very professional, will help push Emi and good person around. 
Spain have just won the euros, I’m sure most of us watching would say if they had a good number 9 they’d be unplayable, but I’ve seen a few reports saying how the players found Morata so important, not just because of what he did in the pitch, but the stuff off it. 
There has never been any noise about Emery replacing Olsen and I think that speaks volumes. 

I get what you're saying but there are limits to this and Olsen is far below the threshold of the quality we need in our back up keeper. We have to get rid and upgrade. 

20 hours ago, Pongo Waring said:

But he wasn't, he was in the championship with Sheffield utd, he wasn't their first choice and their fans were ecstatic that we were in for him and willing to pay actual money.

Assuming we can't move him on, it'd be reasonable enough if he were to become the obligatory old man 3rd keeper that never actually plays, we just have to hope one of the younger guys is deemed good enough to step up to the 2 spot.

21 hours ago, Pongo Waring said:

What goalkeeper isn't a good shot stopper though?

Well actually Olsen. He's literally the only one.

• Haha 1

21 hours ago, MaVilla said:

Yeah the problem is his wages, he is on 50k a week or something, nobody on their right.mind will offer close to that.

So I guess it's keep him, loan him and swallow some of his wages, or release him with a payoff like Chambers.

50! That's.......generous.

8 hours ago, MaVilla said:

But he wasn't, he was in the championship with Sheffield utd, he wasn't their first choice and their fans were ecstatic that we were in for him and willing to pay actual money.

He was Sheffield United first choice then got injured and we signed up after he recovered

Not sure why delighted as we loaned him from Roma so got nothing except his wages off the books

Edited by Zatman

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â