Robin Olsen

Loxstock92

29 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

We won so don’t really want to criticise him  too much.

Guessing you think there was some stuff worthy of criticism then :)

No harm in commenting on a player's performance on a fan forum. Someone hasn't magically played better/worse if the team has won/lost. Performance is performance.

Thought he was horrible for almost everything except 10 yards sideways passes.

Right up to bumbling around in the 93rd minute and not coming for a simple ball on the edge of the area...leading to him rushing to get it right on the left edge of the box.

Spreads fear throughout the team. Flapped at their goal. Generally rubbish.

Edited by Tomaszk
  • Like 1

He was one of the backup keepers of all time.

Honestly thought the goal wasn't his fault: Martinez probably saves it but Carlos and Pau had a complete nightmare there (and its Martinez). Not completely unexpected from a CB pairing who have played about 2 games together, though. Had some dodgy moments: it was funny in a way when he missed that punch by about 5 yards. They're backup goalkeepers for a reason.

Edited by wishywashy
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, wishywashy said:

He was one of the backup keepers of all time.

Honestly thought the goal wasn't his fault: Martinez probably saves it but Carlos and Pau had a complete nightmare there (and its Martinez). Had some dodgy moments, though. It was funny in a way when he missed that punch by about 5 yards lmao. They're backup goalkeepers for a reason.

Olsen was all over the shop for the goal, putting the defence under pressure by not coming out to claim it. 

1 minute ago, Pinebro said:

I can't take watching this guy play.

I get such Nyland vibes. I am an emotional wreck everytime the ball comes anywhere near him

That pass back out to Kamara was ridiculous, he can’t be our back up when he looks like he’s moving around on prosthetics.

I don’t get this he’s a backup so he is going to be pretty shite rhetoric. I’d be going for some over-the-hill-but-generally-ok type backup if we don’t have a youngster who is good enough to be number 2. The Carsons and Heatons of this world. 

Edited by Spoony
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Spoony said:

I don’t get this he’s a backup so he is going to be pretty shite rhetoric. I’d be going for some over-the-hill-but-generally-ok type backup if we don’t have a youngster who is good enough to be number 2. The Carsons and Heatons of this world. 

He should be much better than the likes of Carson/Heaton. However, he seems like a nervous wreck

1 hour ago, AshVilla said:

He had one save to make which was straight at him and he couldn't stop it.

Flapping around the box whenever a high ball was put in.

Useless.

He made a big save at 2-1 so not sure what basing that on

Compare him to the Brighton reserve yesterday (since we always have to compare to Brighton) then he was perfectly fine

Edited by Zatman

3 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Compare him to the Brighton reserve yesterday (since we always have to compare to Brighton) then he was perfectly fine

That was Brighton's new first choice GK. Signed for £16M.

2 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Yep, mixed bag today, I think he made two excellent saves at least. Still though he looked very dodgy at times too. I wasn't impressed when we signed him, I'm more than willing to give him a chance but he will cost us games if he continues to make the kind of mistakes he made today as well. 

No point slating him for the sake of it if he's going to be our number 2 but he needs to improve for me, maybe he will with more time on the pitch...

• Like 1

1 minute ago, theboyangel said:

I’d let him start the European second leg in order to allow Dibu to recover properly.

Yeah me too, if we're going with him he needs as much time on the pitch implementing Emery's coaching as possible.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, romavillan said:

Yep, mixed bag today, I think he made two excellent saves at least. Still though he looked very dodgy at times too. I wasn't impressed when we signed him, I'm more than willing to give him a chance but he will cost us games if he continues to make the kind of mistakes he made today as well. 

No point slating him for the sake of it if he's going to be our number 2 but he needs to improve for me, maybe he will with more time on the pitch...

Yeah am not saying he was top class but he wasnt bad today. You can even see he is trying to improve as a sweeper keeper

Even the goal was at least 2 people at fault before Olsen

• Like 3

I don’t want to hate on the guy, but I fail to believe that we cannot find a half decent gk who is reasonable with his feet, won’t scare the s*** out of the defence every time he plays and is happy to be back-up. I’m not expecting a world class stopper, but Olsen just affects other players games too much for me. The lack of confidence just spreads like a disease whenever he plays.

• Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â