Midweek Football 11/13 January

andykeenan

23 minutes ago, Genie said:

Remember when Spurs, desperate for any kind of silverware, got to a cup final and then sacked the serial winner they had managing them? :crylaugh: 

And replaced him with someone with no 1st team managerial experience.

It wouldn't surprise me if Levy sacked him as he may have been afraid that if they won the cup the fans wouldn't accept sacking Jose just after delivering their first bit of silverware in 14 years. It backfired and couldn't happen to a more deserving man. Yes, I do not like Levy

4 minutes ago, villa89 said:

Why is the spurs game stopped because someone in the crowd might be sick. Madness...

Someone in the crowd could have a serious issue, is a little break in play while he/she receives treatment? Madness

1 minute ago, av1 said:

Someone in the crowd could have a serious issue, is a little break in play while he/she receives treatment 

Why does the game need to stop while they get treatment? Are they integral to the play? There are medical professionals, stewards etc. all over the place. They were on the scene, that's enough. Get on with the game. 

1 minute ago, villa89 said:

Why does the game need to stop while they get treatment? Are they integral to the play? There are medical professionals, stewards etc. all over the place. They were on the scene, that's enough. Get on with the game. 

Someone could have been dying but don’t stop the football. Wow. Not sure why they didn’t just drag Erickson of the pitch at the Euros, that shit cost us 10mins 

1 minute ago, villa89 said:

As per the Toon game, some of the match medics helped the guy who had a heart attack. They can't continue play while the players medics are not available and it is only right to provide the supporter with every bit of medical help available 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, villa89 said:

Jesus Christ man :D 

27 minutes ago, Peter Griffin said:

Woke PC stuff. 

But in fairness it helped saved the guys life at the Toon game a few months ago

What is woke about potentially saving someone’s life?

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, villa89 said:

I was wondering about this when the incident happened at the Newcastle game earlier in the season. I can't think of this ever happening at a sporting event in Australia. I watch a lot of American sport and can't remember a situation where this has occurred either. Is it an English thing? Is it a football thing?

I mean fair enough if the club doctors can help out, but I thought this would be normally left the medical staff at the stadium?

12 minutes ago, jim said:

What is woke about potentially saving someone’s life?

Woke because the world has, imo, gone too PC about bloody everything. But as per my comments above, I fully agree with providing all medical assistance to anyone in the stadium, including the team Dr's. But I also feel that it will go to an extreme and we could get to a stage where games are stopped for silly reasons, so I get where the original poster was coming from. But it is a very difficult situation to determine if it is serious or not or when should the game be stopped. But, again, as per my comments above, there is nothing I said to suggest the game should not be stopped to save someone's life. It is quite the opposite to that in fairness

14 minutes ago, Hornso said:

I was wondering about this when the incident happened at the Newcastle game earlier in the season. I can't think of this ever happening at a sporting event in Australia. I watch a lot of American sport and can't remember a situation where this has occurred either. Is it an English thing? Is it a football thing?

I mean fair enough if the club doctors can help out, but I thought this would be normally left the medical staff at the stadium?

It’s definitely a new fad that’s for sure, I don’t remember this happening often or at all growing up and going to games but there have been multiple occurrences just this season alone.

• Like 2

The thing I find strange about it is that every club must have a crowd doctor on duty, who must be a seperate person from the team doctor, which is specificlaly so that there are seperate responsibilities for crowd and player safety, so why are the team doctors getting involved in crowd safety issues if it's a single person? I could understand all hands on deck if there are multiple issues, but it shold be the remit of the crowd doctor.

• Like 1

Fantastic effort again from Jurgen Klopp who has managed to cobble together a team again despite everyone who has ever listened to a Beatles record reporting positive* for Covid and none of them being able to train.

(*Not actual positive obviously, they've just clicked the "positive" button online to get a few days off work; one team, one city, one dream.)

• Like 2

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â