Lucas Digne

villan-scott

5 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

seems to have gone a little quiet this one.

sky said it was a done deal, everyone got excited then the journos who ACTUALLY know what's going on said it was quite a way off being done

last night probably didn't help. if everton had any sense, digne's asking price would've had 5m added to it today

Edited by tomav84

4 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

sky said it was a done deal, everyone got excited then the journos who ACTUALLY know what's going on said it was quite a way off being done

last night probably didn't help. if everton had any sense, digne's asking price would've had 5m added to it today

Everton are in a terrible bargaining position. The manager has pretty much alienated him already, and wants shot of him.

I wouldn't be surprised if the Hickey links are to force Everton's hand as they probably know that Digne doesn't want to go to Newcastle.

11 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

Sky being shit. What a surprise, should be on the banned source list 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I still think Newcastle are involved in the conversation, which is complicating things.  They're starting to realize that if they truly want to sign quality players, they're going to have to pay well over the odds for them this window.  We may have verbally agreed to contracts/fees, but if the Geordies massively upped their offer in response, Everton or Digne may have come back to us trying to renegotiate before putting the pen to paper on the deal.  

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Zatman said:

Sky being shit. What a surprise, should be on the banned source list 

Ha ha, I tried but no joy. See the Speculation Source Blacklist tread 🤬

2 minutes ago, jacketspuds said:

If Newcastle are going to sneak in and pinch this one, I wouldn't be surprised if we pushed ahead with a deal for Hickey.

Targett's performance last night would have done nothing to slow down Gerrard's attempts to bring in another LB.

And if Digne doesn’t want to go there?

1 minute ago, gwi1890 said:

And if Digne doesn’t want to go there?

I'm not involved in the transfer process so can't really speculate but my guess, and it might be miles away from reality, is that he won't go there if he doesn't want to go there.

Something about player's having a choice or some bollocks.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â