Lucas Digne

villan-scott

5 minutes ago, Pinebro said:

Moreno was bombing up the side when he was on form with Cash on the other side who also is attacking.

So not sure where the idea comes from that Unai has to have a defensive minded fullback.

Having 2 attacking fullbacks won't break the system in any way imo. They just need the athleticism do do both roles which Maatsen and Cash obviously has 

In his first season when introduced after January, Moreno played mainly with Ashley Young at right back. Young was encouraged to be a more defensive minded full back. Last season Moreno didnt feature as much but in my mind we rarely saw two progressive full backs.

Not sure why Unai isnt starting him, just theorising that he doesnt like to play two attacking full backs.

10 minutes ago, lapal_fan said:

There were multiple times at the game yesterday when play looked to be going down the right, he started a run down the left, was in about 20 yards of space and the pass never came.

The one time it did, we got much further into their half and we created something, but it didn't come off.

Digne lacks outright pace, but he's a much better defender and is much more composed than Maasten at the moment. 

Maatsen has played about 5 seconds 

1 minute ago, Pinebro said:

Maatsen has played about 5 seconds 

He’s had 118 minutes from 7 sub games. Digne has proven himself to be an important player for us and there’s no need to drop him. We are slowly integrating Ian. Very different players. 

12 hours ago, Pinebro said:

Actually no.

I legit do not rate him and I never have.

I will admit to his performances under Emery having improved but he breaks down so many of our attacks due to his lack of atheticism.

There is no question to me we'd have won today with Maatsen starting

Perhaps send your notes to Unai and he might consider your advice for the next game. 

No doubt Maatsen is our long term answer, but nothing wrong with Digne at the moment. 

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â