Lucas Digne

villan-scott

3 hours ago, Reivax_Villa said:

People need to start putting some respect on this guy's name..

Consistent, basically kept Unai's first choice out of the 11 and now out of the club..

Getting called up for France too? Do you know how hard it is to get into that squad?

He is here to stay..

Agree. Deserves a pay rise :ph34r:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, UpTheVilla26 said:

He's been nothing short of superb for us and has got a very deserved call-up. 

Thoroughly deserved. He's been absolute class ever since that headed goal, in the dying minutes,  against Luton.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Alakagom said:

Wasn't it just last week people were hotly debating here how he is too slow and can't cover crosses anymore? 🤣🤣🤣

Tbf, he isn't the quickest, but his qualities far outweigh his shortcomings, especially over the second  - half of last season and this current season. 

He loves the Villa, in the same way Angel and Melberg did and still do. We as supporters love nothing more than seeing players and ex players infected with all things Claret and Blue. 

Edited by sheepyvillian
  • Like 3

4 minutes ago, sheepyvillian said:

Tbf, he isn't the quickest, but his qualities far outweigh his shortcomings, especially over the second  - half of last season and this current season. 

He loves the Villa, in the same way Angel and Melberg did and still do. We, as supporters love nothing more than seeing players and ex players infected with all things Claret and Blue. 

The thing I respect most is that he understands what it means to play for our famous old club. He embraces it and wants to do us proud. I can’t fault that at all. Love that Digne.

• Like 2

If he wasn't on 1.3m a week he would get the credit he deserves. 

I don't pay his wages, so he gets the credit he deserves from me...

Vital cog in our wheel.

Initially thinking he would start every game up until the international break and Maatsen would come in but his played well so far this season and doesn't deserve to lose his place yet.

Also read an article yesterday that Everton keep conceding from crosses to the back post so can see him starting the Everton game anyway as that will be something we will target. 

On 01/09/2024 at 09:01, CVByrne said:

He might be worth a contract extension, he'd probably be willing to lower his wage for an extra year, also spreads his amortisation further. If he dropped his wage to 80,000 from his 120,000 and signed a new deal to begin at the end of the season. His annual cost drops from £11.7m to £6.8m in wages + amortisation. That's like a 42% drop in cost. 

He's never needed pace and is only turned 31 and surely can be of use to us next season when he's turned 32. The club may prefer to bring in or have a younger LB to bring through however as Maatsen takes on the mantle. I just like having proven quality at LB and Digne has clearly won Emery over after saying he wanted to stay and fight for his place and he seems determined to back himself. This is a level of character and professionalism which can only be an excellent example for younger players. 

I think we need to look at this if his form continues to hold. 

Cementing a position at the top end of the Premier League is no longer about having the best eleven "90 minute players". It's about having the right attributes which are seamlessly knitted together by a master tactician.

As long as Digne and Maatsen are both fit I see Digne playing the first 60/65 minutes and then Maatsen coming on to frighten the hell out of right sided defenders. The 14 or so PL teams that do not have the squad quality in depth often have 90 minute defenders who will be starting to flag by the time one of the quickest wingbacks comes on and gets in their faces.

That's what Emery and Monchi are adding to our options, and it will help to improve the way we finish games.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â