Lucas Digne

villan-scott

56 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

*shudders*

Head like a 50p coin and feet like pinball flippers. Man couldn't trap a sack of gravel. 

How far we've come!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, Aston_Villan4 said:

Maatsen also for the future. Wouldn’t call it a waste especially with Moreno gone. I thought we wanted competition for spots too?

Maatsen is not waste, but we needed an RB more and should've prioritised that position. Moreno woyld've stayed if Unai wanted to.

Anyways, back to Digne. I'm very happy to have him here.

Edited by AVTuco

He might be worth a contract extension, he'd probably be willing to lower his wage for an extra year, also spreads his amortisation further. If he dropped his wage to 80,000 from his 120,000 and signed a new deal to begin at the end of the season. His annual cost drops from £11.7m to £6.8m in wages + amortisation. That's like a 42% drop in cost. 

He's never needed pace and is only turned 31 and surely can be of use to us next season when he's turned 32. The club may prefer to bring in or have a younger LB to bring through however as Maatsen takes on the mantle. I just like having proven quality at LB and Digne has clearly won Emery over after saying he wanted to stay and fight for his place and he seems determined to back himself. This is a level of character and professionalism which can only be an excellent example for younger players. 

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Spoony said:

So criminally underrated. He’s easily one of our best players and has been for like a season and a half. And he’s clearly a good character around the team. People like to shit the bed over wages. He’s worth every penny. 

Digne goes out to prove he's worth the top money he's paid, week in week out. 

I am glad, he never left us.

I like his overall game, as folk say a peach of a cross, for that superb header.

Everytime I see him off the pitch ( at BMH) he does seem to be in his oiltot, with us.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, CVByrne said:

He might be worth a contract extension, he'd probably be willing to lower his wage for an extra year, also spreads his amortisation further. If he dropped his wage to 80,000 from his 120,000 and signed a new deal to begin at the end of the season. His annual cost drops from £11.7m to £6.8m in wages + amortisation. That's like a 42% drop in cost. 

He's never needed pace and is only turned 31 and surely can be of use to us next season when he's turned 32. The club may prefer to bring in or have a younger LB to bring through however as Maatsen takes on the mantle. I just like having proven quality at LB and Digne has clearly won Emery over after saying he wanted to stay and fight for his place and he seems determined to back himself. This is a level of character and professionalism which can only be an excellent example for younger players. 

*laughs in Saudi*

Lovely assist.

A steady £5m full back.

If he won't reduce his salary by extension we will be trying to move him on again every window, just like we did this summer.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 2

Delighted he has got a recall.

I know some wanted him to be moved on - largely down to wages I suspect - but he's been brilliant for us since Emery arrived; never attracts bad headlines; and seems like a top man.

Plus - he has a catch-phrase!

• Like 1

On 01/09/2024 at 14:17, wilko154 said:

Bored of the high wage narrative with Digne.

He's consistently been one of our best performers for over a year now, seen off a new left back and is now keeping the next one out of the side. His attitude is exactly what you want in a player, worth every penny to us.

I agree.

The club don't have to agree the wages, when they sign players, so it's down to them.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â