Lucas Digne

villan-scott

1 hour ago, TRO said:

I am tempted to think Lucas Digne, could have smothered the cross, with more intensity and desire.

Being a Frenchman i deinitely would expect a bit more Ooh la la from him. (Insert Kenneth here)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Pinebro said:

Maatsen is a lot more aggressive and tenacious than Digne.

I think it will be a lot improved at least on that side

Yet Maatsen man got the assist for 2nd goal

17 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Yet Maatsen man got the assist for 2nd goal

Jesus, if we're looking for a full back who never lets a winger (a top class one at that) get a pass, shot or cross off we'll be waiting forever.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

Jesus, if we're looking for a full back who never lets a winger (a top class one at that) get a pass, shot or cross off we'll be waiting forever.

That's what I was trying to state that a ridiculous complaint about Digne who I dont even rate 😉

Edited by Zatman
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, smokingzen said:

Being a Frenchman i deinitely would expect a bit more Ooh la la from him. (Insert Kenneth here)

Don't get me wrong, I am a fan of LD, his overall game is good imo......I would just like to see more crosses, cut out on both sides, is all.

1 hour ago, sheepyvillian said:

Sometimes, certain players give you the sense that they were destined to wear the claret and blue of our great club, Digne, is most definitely that player. From the day he first came, he had nothing but praise and respect for the privilege of being an Aston Villa player. He actually shone in that left - back position for the last season and, evidently, looks like continuing with that form this season. I think many of us thought he would be the one to make way after Matteson's arrival but he's proven us, gladly, wrong! For me, he was always the more polished in comparison to Moreno. I just dearly hope we can win something for him to have something to show for that  commitment and dedication. 

He clearly wants to stay with us, and I applaud that....I too think his overall game is good.

I have to confess, it is heartening when players, want to play for us....He is a quality footballer, and no mean exponent of heading the ball, which I still find important for a full back to cope on the far post.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, The_Steve said:

I’m really not sure what Digne could do more. Him and Saka are tussling together and Saka releases the pass right on the line. Another day that’s out for a goal kick.

You have Lucas, Youri, Pau and Morgan and Ezri all reacting. Rogers wins the ball but you could argue he could just smash it out of the box. There’s a lot of luck in the goal - though it’s made from a great pass and finish. 

You could even say Onana needs to close Trossard down. 

Again, just a collection of errors and bad luck dealing with a fantastic pass. Let’s not scapegoat players so early into the season. I thought Lucas was otherwise fine and is a reliable player for us. 

firstly, I agree, its rarely just one error, more often its collective errors.....but one error has been known to cause more in a move.

No2 ....I think in general we allow too many crosses to come in....I don't have any stats but my eye test, tells me so...There maybe games, when that is not the case, but I am talking generally.

No3....Why would I scapegoat, a player, I respect and like? I am merely pointing out a moment in a game, I felt could have been dealt with better.....That is in no way scapegoating anybody, its merely making constructive observation.....Just in the same way Ollie has been identified for his miss, would you call that scapegoating?

Lucas is a good player for us, and I am glad he has not left as I write this.....Does that mean I retract my general comment of too many crosses coming in, from both sides in many of our games....No.

Ps I can only speak from my vantage point, I could be wrong.....but I don't think I am wrong about the number of crosses, we allow, in general.

Edited by TRO

5 hours ago, Tom13 said:

"Never" being the operative word.

No one has suggested that, other than a critic of the original point.

I guess you could also elaborate on that and say, if some are looking for a striker than never misses a sitter, we maybe waiting for a similar time too....but that seems to be the popular headline.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

Just so solid again, such a tough position to play but he's such a fighter and generally so defensively sound. Peach of a cross too. 

Maatsen will find it tough to get into the team right now. 

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, jim said:

Superb again and what a cross!

Nah he's shit mate and we are 'lumbered' with him! 

Bring back Cissokho!

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, AVTuco said:

One of our most consistent performers. Wasted our money on Maatsen, who's not a bad player, but we needed a good RB more.

Maatsen also for the future. Wouldn’t call it a waste especially with Moreno gone. I thought we wanted competition for spots too?

• Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â