Lucas Digne

villan-scott

In this past year I’ve really warmed to Digne. 

it felt like his destiny was to be a high wage DOB sitting on the bench. 

but he really proved his worth last season. Stepped up and was one of our most consistent performers. This mic video isn’t exactly interesting. But it just shows he’s a really good working footballer who appreciates his teammates and their work. 

A footballing nice guy

Edited by CarryOnVilla
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, rodders0223 said:

I'd rather he stays than Emery Watkins and McGinn.

Beautiful human being who "just gets it"

Well worth the £999,000 a day.

Thought his name was Ollie Watkins?

32 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

I'd rather he stay than Moreno. 

I agree, Digne has a lot of experience and is part of the leadership group (McGinn said he manages the French contingent). He seems happy to play his part in a squad game and backs himself. Also he's defensively the best LB we have in the squad and has a great leap so is very good aerially too. 

• Like 3

I never thought I'd say this about Digne but I actually find it slightly worrying we're still trying to get him out the club.

Be very weary of changing too much too soon and losing those experienced heads. They are worth a premium on the payroll if they can still contribute on the pitch.

We've bought 5 or 6 players in with an average of about 21/22?? which is brilliant and the right thing to do - but don't go too far. I think we're just seeing pound signs sometimes and PSR.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

I never thought I'd say this about Digne but I actually find it slightly worrying we're still trying to get him out the club.

Be very weary of changing too much too soon and losing those experienced heads. They are worth a premium on the payroll if they can still contribute on the pitch.

We've bought 5 or 6 players in with an average of about 21/22?? which is brilliant and the right thing to do - but don't go too far. I think we're just seeing pound signs sometimes and PSR.

What makes you think we're trying to get him out?

• Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â