Lucas Digne

villan-scott

That's about as strong a denial I've ever seen from a Players agent on a potential move. It's usually in their favour to always keep some vagueness in their players availability.

Nice to see from Digne's camp.

Feels like it's Moreno to go then, which based on recent form is probably the right call in football terms, if not the financially best for the club.

I like the difference between Maatsen and Digne. When Moreno came back last year (and even the season before), we’d often see a 60/30 split between them with one going off after around an hr for the other to come on. Could see us doing that with Maatsen and Digne again  this yr, which is why for me makes more sense to sell Moreno 

• Like 1

Digne is one of few seemingly sensible footballers that would rather stay and fight for his place than take an easy way out. 

Of course, the reward is he'll get minutes in the champions league almost regardless, but he clearly backs himself to stay first choice.

It's happened once before and he came out fighting and seemingly a better player. Looks like it's happening again. Fair play to him. 

(Yeah I know,  hundreds of thousand of pounds a week make it easy, but there's infinite examples of players taking the easy route)

• Like 3

Yeah, we'll have this issue with all the bench warmers being paid a fortune.

Digne, Carlos, Donk, Olsen. All will be leaving on frees at the end of their contract millions and millions richer thanks to Lange and Steven Gerrard. Idiots.

10 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

Digne, Carlos, Donk, Olsen. All will be leaving on frees at the end of their contract millions and millions richer thanks to Lange and Steven Gerrard. Idiots.

Surely we have to question the wisdom of the club for signing a third senior left back if we already had two we couldn’t shift. I thought the motto was one out, one in.

11 minutes ago, WallisFrizz said:

Surely we have to question the wisdom of the club for signing a third senior left back if we already had two we couldn’t shift. I thought the motto was one out, one in.

Two senior left backs if you want to include IlingJR!

Not great planning but once it became Chelsea were there, happy to exchange some PSR silliness...who did we like the look of in their squad. Maatsen perhaps was the best option as he will add a lot to our XI. We wanted Gallagher, who thankfully didn't want us, Onana is much better.

It’s a squad game. Digne will have gotten guarantees hence why he rejected it. I highly doubt we will have as many squad names playing 50+ games. A player who has shown constant loyalty and is seemingly a popular character isn’t suddenly going to down tools and complain. We will need to rotate names throughout the season. 

Digne does seem like a top bloke and great to have around the club.  I'd rather keep him than Moreno because he seems more robust and played in the PL regularly for years now, from what I remember Moreno has gone from hardly getting any injuries to picking up quite a lot since coming to England, which is a worrying sign now he is around 30 years old. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tomaszk said:

He had 33 PL appearances and 46 over all last season, that's not the definition of a bench warmer. 

3 minutes ago, jacketspuds said:

But there's a good chance he will be this season.

Why? Because we bought a young LB talent? I actually think Digne will get most of the starts this season.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â