Lucas Digne

villan-scott

2 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

Recovering £7m of Gerrard waste is the point. Not much else. He'd be nice to have around, but he wouldn't be starting any big games ahead of Maatsen.

We can't have non-key players draining resources.

I get it… like I said, still processing this.

Maybe they make the move permanent next season if he impresses enough during this one.

Totally agree with your final sentence.

Same as Jas and others, I'd prefer he be sold rather than a loan as we'll be back in the same position next year. Personally I'd keep him over Moreno if finances weren't a factor but they are so unfortunately it's Lucas who needs to be offloaded.

One positive... I may be wrong but seem to recall something being said previously that loan fees normally mean there is no recall clause. And when we see loans without a fee, they often mean the parent club has a recall clause. So maybe the positive is that we can bring him back if we start getting injuries again. I'm clutching at straws

Edited by _AA_786

2 minutes ago, nepal_villan said:

Basically saving money on wages to bring in another player who emery feels is more important to the squad.  

Just now, MSvillain said:

If we can cover ~70% of Felix (or other) wages due to loaning out our back up LB, I think that’s a wise decision from a PSR point of view 

Making more sense to me now 😆

👍

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, M_Afro said:

I feel really sad about this. Luca has always been a class act. He’s a real professional and a top player too. I would have kept him around but I trust Unai. I suspect that this is a make do deal as we have been unable to shift other high priority players!

I do wonder whether this means we will see Hermoso join now. That would certainly soften the blow a bit although I would rather we got a physical right sided centre back. Interesting times.

It's funny isn't it. I believed from reading Everton's fans reactions that he was going to be an absolute nightmare in the squad, always sulking and never happy. He's been the exact opposite. Great pro, always ready to play and an amazing ambassador, particularly with French targets.

That said, we do need to get rid of a left back and he's the obvious choice as his wages are a fair bit more than Moreno.

I'm surprised we've not heard of any interest from English clubs. He'd be an amazing signing for a few years for anyone that has a young left back to bed in.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, _AA_786 said:

Same as Jas and others, I'd prefer Moreno go and either be sold rather than a loan as we'll be back in the same position next year.

One positive... may be wrong but seem to recall something being said previously that loan fees normally mean there is no recall clause. And when we see loans without a fee, they often mean the parent club has a recall clause. So maybe the positive is that we can bring him back if we start getting injuries again. I'm clutching at straws

Woah!!!

Hold on a second there matey!

I never said I’d prefer Moreno to go 😂

I prefer and rate Alex more tbh and loved him in that first season, especially the linkup with JJ. Poor guy got injured (while doing some last ditch defending for us) and is working his way back. Made us a much better team and is on much lower wages

Although, I understand the differences between the two and respect all Lucas did for us last season.

But Digne is more of a priority to move on imo.

Edited by Jas10

4 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Woah!!!

Hold on a second there matey!

I never said I’d prefer Moreno to go 😂

I prefer and rate Alex more tbh and loved him in that first season, especially the linkup with JJ. Poor guy got injured (while doing some last ditch defending for us) and is working his way back. Made us a much better team and is on much lower wages

Although, I understand the differences between the two and respect all Lucas did for us last season.

But Digne is more of a priority to move on imo.

Sorry misread your comments so corrected it 👍

Edited by _AA_786

1 minute ago, _AA_786 said:

Sorry misread your comments so corrected it 👍

Maybe it’s the only available or decent solution or offer on the table…

bit surprising and taking me a while to digest 😂

Who is gonna stump up a transfer fee and pay his wages is probably the pertinent question…

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â