Lucas Digne

villan-scott

1 minute ago, MaVilla said:

Personally I disagree.

Although tbf I would be ok with us offloading both of them.

Hmmmmmm big call. Digne offers more defensively than Moreno and poor Moreno is made of tissues. Big call only having Maatsen and a young Iling there as cover with all those games. 

3 minutes ago, CroVillan said:

Hmmmmmm big call. Digne offers more defensively than Moreno and poor Moreno is made of tissues. Big call only having Maatsen and a young Iling there as cover with all those games. 

Maybe.

Or maybe sell digne and moreno for a joint 20-25m, get 200k p/w off the wage bill and buy another backup left back for cheaper and on lower wages 

Edited by MaVilla
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 18/07/2024 at 16:39, CroVillan said:

I hope we offload Moreno and keep Digne for another season. Offered more than Moreno and good backup to Maatsen

I’d rather keep Digne for another season too. His contract is up next year and I don’t see him leaving. For Moreno, he’s looked slower since his injury and tbh, pace was his biggest asset. 

• Like 2

Couldnt think of a worse team to move to at the moment. They just got smashed by Besiktas and fans have turned on the players and coach 

From what you see on social media etc I feel Lucas Digne loves it at Villa and with the chance of playing Champions League next season I don't really see anything in this.

Also a loan move doesn't really benefit Villa much apart from getting his wages off the books for a season. He was solid for us last season and will play lots of minutes next season.

Non starter for me. 

• Like 3

Just now, RichW said:

From what you see on social media etc I feel Lucas Digne loves it at Villa and with the chance of playing Champions League next season I don't really see anything in this.

Also a loan move doesn't really benefit Villa much apart from getting his wages off the books for a season. He was solid for us last season and will play lots of minutes next season.

Non starter for me. 

1 season of Digne wages off the books will make our accounts look better than Brighton’s

• Haha 1

Just now, RichW said:

Non starter for me. 

We've four left backs at the club at the moment, Maatsen (who will be the starter), Moreno, Digne and Iling Jr. It's very likely the club want Digne to leave as he is on the highest wages and would have the greatest sale value. 

5 minutes ago, villa89 said:

We've four left backs at the club at the moment, Maatsen (who will be the starter), Moreno, Digne and Iling Jr. It's very likely the club want Digne to leave as he is on the highest wages and would have the greatest sale value. 

Id argue Digne would still be first choice for starting left back out of that lot. Illing Jr has only ever really played left wing back or left wing, Moreno has been out of form since injury and Maatsen may take some easing in due to his age/ lack of experience

Also, Digne can play Centre back according to Emery in one of our pre-season games 🤣

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, villa89 said:

I think its more likely Moreno will leave than Digne. Digne offers something different to Maatsen who will become first choice at some point. I don't see Iling Jr playing left back much for us at all being honest. Club can't force Digne out just because he is on the highest wages and I don't think his in any rush to leave. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, TheMelvillan said:

Id argue Digne would still be first choice for starting left back out of that lot. Illing Jr has only ever really played left wing back or left wing, Moreno has been out of form since injury and Maatsen may take some easing in due to his age/ lack of experience

Also, Digne can play Centre back according to Emery in one of our pre-season games 🤣

I agree with this. Good chance Digne is first choice LB for the first 2 games or so before Maatsen is eased in. Wouldn't be surprised if Moreno is loaned/sold back to Spain late in the window. I just don't see Digne leaving. 

I'd rather keep him and have Moreno move on. I suppose we need one of them to leave and Digne is very expensive so it depends on how much loan fee we'd get from Gala 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, TheMelvillan said:

Id argue Digne would still be first choice for starting left back out of that lot. 

No chance. We didn't spend £35m on a new left back to sit him on the bench. 

• Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â