Lucas Digne

villan-scott

1 hour ago, mikeyp102 said:

Lots of players agents, come out with CL as it’s more money 

Which is why the PL is such a big draw. A mid table PL club often has more financial clout than a team in Europe even if they do play on the CL. 

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

As a harsh critic, Salah did nothing when he was on

Same. He did well and kept Salah quiet. 

Doesn’t have the same bustle as Moreno but can play much better with Emery ball than fraud ball. 

• Like 1

Great option when we go away to the really tough sides. 

Can pick a pass, great delivery, solid enough at the back and crucially he's very tactically astute. 

As others have said, Salah couldn't squeeze out a fart yesterday when he was on the pitch. 

All I can say is that I hope he has recovered from whatever he did to his back by next week, because Moreno will certainly be out and I wouldn't want to play Brighton without one of them.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TomC said:

All I can say is that I hope he has recovered from whatever he did to his back by next week, because Moreno will certainly be out and I wouldn't want to play Brighton without one of them.

For sure, although I was also thinking if you’re going to lose two players in one position the best time is the end of the season. Worst case is Young there for one game.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Adam2003 said:

For sure, although I was also thinking if you’re going to lose two players in one position the best time is the end of the season. Worst case is Young there for one game.

Agreed. I will be curious, though, how Unai would adjust tactically. If Young is at LB, do we flip the usual tactics and have the RB (Cash) advance instead of the LB, since he usually has Young stay at home?

And if he does, does he flip Bailey over to the left to pick up the space where Moreno or Digne usually would be?

13 hours ago, TomC said:

Agreed. I will be curious, though, how Unai would adjust tactically. If Young is at LB, do we flip the usual tactics and have the RB (Cash) advance instead of the LB, since he usually has Young stay at home?

And if he does, does he flip Bailey over to the left to pick up the space where Moreno or Digne usually would be?

I'd be interested to see  Bailey left

13 hours ago, TomC said:

I don’t think Unai will change it. 

Might just have to roll back the tape to 2009 and see Young cutting in from the left and whipping his trademark ball into the area. 

Wouldn’t that be a sight to see to send us into Europe. 

Edited by DJBOB
  • Like 1

I don't think he is going anywhere in the summer think Emery will be happy with what he has at leftback. 2 very different style fullbacks which Emery can utilise depending on each team we play ..... although if a stupid offer came in for Digne like it did for Ings then I think we'd except, not sure who will offer him the £160,000 a week that he is on with us, but yep solid enough for Emery to work with specially if we get European football.

• Like 2

I think he will sold, with a younger back-up brought in. If anything Moreno's injury now makes it even more likely, as it's now more likely that we need an additional left-back, and can't keep new left-back, Moreno, and Digne.

Agree he was very good again. Think whether he stays depends on whether the club can stomach his wages being spent on a rotation option and if they can't, whether we can find a team who will pay them.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â