Rds1983

21 minutes ago, bickster said:

I've had a few, including yesterday

How do you manage that? I make sure I get all of the vowels and y into the first two lines.

22 minutes ago, Risso said:

How do you manage that? I make sure I get all of the vowels and y into the first two lines.

I don't, once you've ruled out three vowels and a Y, vowels are less important

My first word is

Spoiler

SLATE

My second word, if the first has blanked is...

Spoiler

CRONY

You are left with two less common vowels. Having said that I am considering changing my strategy to...

(WARNING- reading this spolier may make your enjoyment of the game less)

Spoiler

AROSE followed by UNTIL as the most common letters in 5 letter words in the English Language are...A, E, S, O, R, I, L, T, N, and U in that order

My previous strategy was based around E, T, A, O, I, N, S, R, H, and L being the most prevalent letters in the ENglish language total

5 minutes ago, bickster said:

I don't, once you've ruled out three vowels and a Y, vowels are less important

My first word is

Reveal hidden contents

My second word, if the first has blanked is...

Reveal hidden contents

You are left with two less common vowels. Having said that I am considering changing my strategy to...

(WARNING- reading this spolier may make your enjoyment of the game less)

Reveal hidden contents

That’s interesting. The thing is, for example, common letter combos are a factor, too. I know it’s not a common letter, but I’m try not to be a spoiler… so as an example, if there’s a Q then there’s very likely a U, too. Same principle applies to other letters. An S or C at the start or second last might mean an H is more likely than would otherwise be the case, and so on. And then there’s the thing where you get one letter right, first guess - say an E. So do you go with trying a (say) U next time, or do you think “there might be 2 Es, like in lever or fever or level?

• Like 2

Just now, Risso said:

My first word is

Reveal hidden contents

and if the first word is blank I go for something like

Hide contents

STORY

Effing Tories, they’re everywhere!

• Haha 2

Just now, blandy said:

That’s interesting. The thing is, for example, common letter combos are a factor, too. I know it’s not a common letter, but I’m try not to be a spoiler… so as an example, if there’s a Q then there’s very likely a U, too. Same principle applies to other letters. An S or C at the start or second last might mean an H is more likely than would otherwise be the case, and so on. And then there’s the thing where you get one letter right, first guess - say an E. So do you go with trying a (say) U next time, or do you think “there might be 2 Es, like in lever or fever or level?

Yes you get a feel for things after a while. So if you get one letter as a vowel in the second position for example, eg A, then there's a reasonable chance it'll either have the same vowel as the 4th letter, or will end RRY.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â