Yves Bissouma

Corleone

42 minutes ago, Laughable Chimp said:

I don't think we are that desperate for a physical DM to pay over the odds and would rather this deal not happen. And that's before I include his allegations. We can look for a better value for money proper DM in the summer.

Which particular CDM we should sign & for how much is defo up for debate, but the fact we urgently need one is not. Just look at our results since Nakamba got injured. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Awol said:

Which particular CDM we should sign & for how much is defo up for debate, but the fact we urgently need one is not. Just look at our results since Nakamba got injured. 

I don't think we've played all too differently since we lost Nakamba tbh. We beat Norwich and Leicester but lost against Liverpool, Chelsea, United and Brentford since he got injured. We would've likely lost 3 of those 4 with or without Nakamba. And I would argue we were unlucky to have lost the last 2.

Prior to that, we beat Brighton and Palace but lost to City. It's not a large sample but it's not like we were unbeatable with Nakamba. We beat some mid-table teams and lost to a top one. Which is largely our form post his injury.

Edited by Laughable Chimp
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, DakotaVilla said:

It’s interesting that most Brighton fans fully expect bissouma to end up at a champions league team and believe that we have no business even trying to buy him. 

That's what Norwich fans said about Buendia and Everton fans said about Digne.

• Like 2

Been wanting a proper DM for the past two seasons and have to say Bissouma was never on my radar, but he impressed me when we played them a few weeks ago, their CD’s were under the pump against us and he saved them on numerous occasions. If not for him could have been 5-0.

If he can replicate that performance week in week out, he’ll be worth every pound of that £40m.

7 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

That's what Norwich fans said about Buendia and Everton fans said about Digne.

This is very true. We seem to be able to convince players that may be looking for CL football to join Villa and the ‘project’.

Bissouma may be different, but £100k a week now and the Coutinho/Digne stuff may convince him. 

8 hours ago, thabucks said:

Zakaria will probably cost about the same in terms of wages, agents fees, signing bonus being on a bosman  in the summer. No such thing as a free transfer nowadays in reality. Plus Bissouma knows the league which is a massive bonus. 

Why don't people get this? It's like deciding on the total cost of a car based on the deposit you put down! 

Why would you buy a Mondeo with a £15,000 deposit when you can buy an Aston Martin with a £10,000 deposit. Durrr. 

13 minutes ago, Laughable Chimp said:

I don't think we've played all too differently since we lost Nakamba tbh. We beat Norwich and Leicester but lost against Liverpool, Chelsea, United and Brentford since he got injured. We would've likely lost 3 of those 4 with or without Nakamba. And I would argue we were unlucky to have lost the last 2.

Prior to that, we beat Brighton and Palace but lost to City. It's not a large sample but it's not like we were unbeatable with Nakamba. We beat some mid-table teams and lost to a top one. Which is largely our form post his injury.

I agree that apart from the Brentford game, results have continued pretty much as expected. However that doesn’t mean we don’t need a strong central midfielder. Gerrard has said we need to close the gap between playing well and losing and playing well and winning. That will need improvements from our current players and probably recruitment too. We’ve needed a strong CM for years. 

1 hour ago, Laughable Chimp said:

But this one is a bit odd. Brighton don't seem to keen sell at all despite the allegations

1 ) It's odd Brighton don't want to sell if he's as average as some people are making out. You'd think they would bite our hand off. 

2 ) Its odd Brighton don't want to sell with these allegations hanging over him. You'd think they would bite our hand off. Maybe they know more of the facts than we do. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I think if Man Utd get Zakaria and Arsenal manage to get Vlasovic and Arthur then we have a really good chance. This is like the final piece in the initial jigsaw. Plenty more to complete but he would make us very competitive.

Don’t understand why people are turning their nose up at £40m. He’s a proven very good premier league player, that’s the going rate if not more. I really can’t see us “losing” money on him if it goes through at that.

This would be our best transfer window in memory if we land him. Signed a marquee talent once regarded as one of the best in the world, and turned 2 of our weaker positions into 2 of our strongest.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, romavillan said:

Totally, I'm not super happy if we sign him before he gets cleared to be honest. If we have £40m to spend on a defensive midfielder then he can't be the only realistic choice surely?

It leads into the lazy lack of scouting and MON transfer approach 

Is definitely better value options out there if we go looking 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Laughable Chimp said:

We just dominated midfield at Old Trafford and not sure how a defensive midfielder changes that result or that we cannot create chances

• Like 1

Ready to go, not only proven in the league but monstering the centre of the pitch against all opposition - and entirely what we have been missing for so very very long. I'm certain we are going for him because Gerrard has so far only signed top quality and he will need this department sorted if he has any hope of Villa playing how he wants. Might take a while because even though Man U are not what they were, if they are serious about him then he might just wait.

1 minute ago, Zatman said:

We just dominated midfield at Old Trafford and not sure how a defensive midfielder changes that result or that we cannot create chances

Agreed - would really love Bissouma but we are not a disaster without him. We should really have got a better result against Chelsea too. Very even game, except for defense not being able to handle Lukaku. 

Just now, villaglint said:

Agreed - would really love Bissouma but we are not a disaster without him. We should really have got a better result against Chelsea too. Very even game, except for defense not being able to handle Lukaku. 

Seriously ?

Our first shot on target was in the 80th minute ???

The goal we got was an own goal.

Thoroughly depressing game. We couldn't register a shot on target - and Chelsea looked like scoring with every move.

15 minutes ago, hippo said:

Seriously ?

Our first shot on target was in the 80th minute ???

The goal we got was an own goal.

Thoroughly depressing game. We couldn't register a shot on target - and Chelsea looked like scoring with every move.

Yes fair enough I was slightly mis remembering. Very even first half but then Lukaku changed game at half time and they got ahead. We huffed and puffed but didnt create much. Was another one of those 45 mins performances. Still feel it was one we should have got more out of though. 

Â