Yves Bissouma

Corleone

Was always unlikely we could get Bissouma. Arsenal or Spurs were always going to et him and Brighton would be against selling to a team they see as a direct rival too. I'm glad we moved so strongly for Kamara and didn't put everything into Bissouma.

Oh well, it wasn't looking likely. We should've tied the deal up in Jan and we missed that boat. Also it could be that he just never fancied coming here, he would've known he'd have one of big 6 coming in for him.

I just know people are going to completely wet the bed about this.

Edited by Rustibrooks

3 minutes ago, VillaFaninLondon said:

25m for Bissouma is great business. Think we might come to regret this one.

Kamara definitely isn’t enough. We need another 100%. Conor Gallagher or Renata Sanches would be decent options for us. 

Isn't Sanches off to Milan? Thought it was all but done

i wonder whether certain legal issues caused us to move on, and why spurs have gotten such a seemingly good price

from what i've seen, i think there's better out there

Just now, nick76 said:

Does this prove that Gregg knows something? Nope

It shows he was correct with his statement. I think he has not been wrong when he's made definitive statements about things, like Grealish leaving if 100m is bid, or Villa no longer interested in Bissouma. He's said same about Suarez so we'll see. 

Just now, CVByrne said:

It shows he was correct with his statement. I think he has not been wrong when he's made definitive statements about things, like Grealish leaving if 100m is bid, or Villa no longer interested in Bissouma. He's said same about Suarez so we'll see. 

or when we were to sign Dwight McNeill.  Villa no longer interested in Bissouma isnt a surprise after what Purslow said as per my above comment.  He's just as often wrong as he is right and not very credible given his history, he seems to know about as much as any of us.

We were definitely in for him - so either we're happy to only bring in 1 (and Kamara on a free was amazing business), or we were put off by either his preference for another club (wanting to be in London?) or, er, something else.  

The debate of whether we need a second is one for the fans - but we've spend money elsewhere and the pot isn't infinite. We might need to shift players first, so Spurs have got in before we can.

Delighted with Kamara though. 

8 minutes ago, nick76 said:

or when we were to sign Dwight McNeill.  Villa no longer interested in Bissouma isnt a surprise after what Purslow said as per my above comment.  He's just as often wrong as he is right and not very credible given his history, he seems to know about as much as any of us.

Villa showing an interest in a player and it being reported. Just because we held an interest in McNeill and didn't sign him doesn't mean Gregg was wrong. 

It’s pretty clear the boy wanted CL football. no biggy, we find someone else. 

To be fair,  Stevie probably didn’t fancy having his ass pinched, so he didn’t do the whole home visit thing 

Edited by CarryOnVilla
  • Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â