Yves Bissouma

Corleone

4 minutes ago, Rich192 said:

Can’t imagine Brighton are in a hurry to sell a player to the club that poached Ashworth. Would say it makes it far more unlikely that he goes there. 

TBH, I don't think they would give a **** who they sell him to as long as they get the price they are looking for. 

• Like 1

The fact ashworth wasn't there when Bissouma signed for Brighton isn't my point. My point is if Newcastle have an interest on top of the finances which are there, then surely it seems reasonable that the contacts and price etc will all be known to ashworth potentially making it an easy quick deal for both teams.

13 minutes ago, ender4 said:

I’m confused, what does this mean?   

Bissouma will or won’t sign for Newcastle?

Maybe 

But the ashworth link to him is a really lazy one, like us with Liverpool players due to Gerrard 

1 minute ago, Pissflaps said:

The fact ashworth wasn't there when Bissouma signed for Brighton isn't my point. My point is if Newcastle have an interest on top of the finances which are there, then surely it seems reasonable that the contacts and price etc will all be known to ashworth potentially making it an easy quick deal for both teams.

I don't think Villa will have too many problems getting the right contact at Brighton and agreeing a price if we want the player and if Brighton are willing to sell. If we are both interested in signing Bissouma it will come down to which club offers the more appealing overall package to Bissouma. 

19 minutes ago, ender4 said:

I’m confused, what does this mean?   

Bissouma will or won’t sign for Newcastle?

As far as I can tell, it will depend on what colour chinos he wears.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Peter Griffin said:

I don't think Villa will have too many problems getting the right contact at Brighton and agreeing a price if we want the player and if Brighton are willing to sell. If we are both interested in signing Bissouma it will come down to which club offers the more appealing overall package to Bissouma. 

He's linked to West Ham and Chelsea too

Usual agent smoke and mirrors

Surprised Newcastle aren't linked to more players as it will drive wages up

7 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Surprised Newcastle aren't linked to more players as it will drive wages up

We don't know how Newcastle will be in this transfer window. When they bought the club Amanda said they will invest but she also said it will take some time etc. They may not be going to break the bank in this window. I read one report saying their budget this window was 60m. They just splashed out on buying the club and they had an expensive Jan window. People keep saying they are the richest club but they are owned by an investment that has all the money. Newcastle United does not have this money. Investment in Newcastle will be weight up against other investments owned by PIF. If it is just sportwashing then they have achieved much of their goal already by owning a PL club and keeping them in the PL. There is no need from them to be silly with money which would only draw more attention to the sportswashing aspect of what they are doing, Lying low and keeping your name in the PL for a few years maybe the strategy. Furthermore, a window of low spend would get the market to realise that when Newcastle come calling they can't simply double the asking price

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Peter Griffin said:

We don't know how Newcastle will be in this transfer window. When they bought the club Amanda said they will invest but she also said it will take some time etc. They may not be going to break the bank in this window. I read one report saying their budget this window was 60m. They just splashed out on buying the club and they had an expensive Jan window. People keep saying they are the richest club but they are owned by an investment that has all the money. Newcastle United does not have this money. Investment in Newcastle will be weight up against other investments owned by PIF. If it is just sportwashing then they have achieved much of their goal already by owning a PL club and keeping them in the PL. There is no need from them to be silly with money which would only draw more attention to the sportswashing aspect of what they are doing, Lying low and keeping your name in the PL for a few years maybe the strategy. Furthermore, a window of low spend would get the market to realise that when Newcastle come calling they can't simply double the asking price

I meant in terms of agents throwing their name out to the press in an attempt to aid their own negotiations with other clubs

They seem to be avoiding the red top bullshit linking them to every footballer under the sun in mega transfers 

Not sure if SSN is any different but I think they are quiet 

4 hours ago, villa4europe said:

I meant in terms of agents throwing their name out to the press in an attempt to aid their own negotiations with other clubs

They seem to be avoiding the red top bullshit linking them to every footballer under the sun in mega transfers 

Not sure if SSN is any different but I think they are quiet 

Yeah, the Red Tops and Sky are very quiet on Toon. I think they are a little worried about leaving egg of their faces. Even the appointment of Ashworth, although a quality appointment, he is not exactly got a track record of buying expensive players ready to hit the ground running. He is good at looking for cheap alternatives that can be developed. This is not the approach that the Toon fans are hoping for. So far this summer they have only managed to tie Sean Longstaff to a long term contract. That in itself speaks a lot I think and it would be concerning for a Toon fan to accept Longstff is part of their longer term plans. 

It will be a funny summer and there may be a few tears on the Tyne come the start of next season :)

I think some of it will tie to Howe as well with Newcastle and Bissouma. The thing is that, similar to managers like Moyes at Utd, or more recently maybe Arteta at Arsenal? Some managers aren't used to big name players and egos arriving under their watch and won't want those big names to be judged on along with all the other pressures. 

• Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â