Yves Bissouma

Corleone

10 minutes ago, StewieGriffin said:

Gerrard must be pretty confident of getting him in the summer if he's going public with having had a bid turned down

Yeah, though I'm pretty sure he'll go to a bigger club and we won't sign anyone for holding midfield because the right targets won't be available

36 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

Yeah, though I'm pretty sure he'll go to a bigger club and we won't sign anyone for holding midfield because the right targets won't be available

Nah.

3 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

If Newcastle stay up, I imagine Bissouma will go there with the money and wages they’ll throw around in the Summer. 

Quite possible based on his tweets when Arsenal were rumoured to be interested a few windows ago. I think he's interested in the lahndin life or big money, preferably both

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Delphinho123 said:

If Newcastle stay up, I imagine Bissouma will go there with the money and wages they’ll throw around in the Summer. 

Yeah especially if they end like 13th or something. 

1 hour ago, Delphinho123 said:

Mate, we realise Bissouma isn't the only quality CM/CDM in the world right?

Not everyone can have, or will necessarily want Bissouma.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

True, but at least one club bigger will want him. Spurs or someone and they'll offer more wages and European football with a realistic prospect of CL football. Plus he probably lives in Esher or something in London. 

17 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

He played as 10 last game for Mali and more advanced than CDM last game for Brighton. 1 less shot than Kane

17 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

He played as 10 last game for Mali and more advanced than CDM last game for Brighton. 1 less shot than Kane

If anyone took the time to look at Bissouma's stats on fbref they would see an elite level passer. With outstanding long pass accuracy showing he is a play maker from a central position. You then look at him in possession, high dribbles and progressive carries so he can clearly advance with the ball. Then he has defensive stats off the charts. 

He's just an outstanding footballer and is an improvement on Luz in terms of passing ability, an improvement in Nakamba in terms of defensive ability and is also better at carrying the ball forward than McGinn. All in one player. He's a big improvement on any player we have in our midfield 3

2 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

If anyone took the time to look at Bissouma's stats on fbref they would see an elite level passer. With outstanding long pass accuracy showing he is a play maker from a central position. You then look at him in possession, high dribbles and progressive carries so he can clearly advance with the ball. Then he has defensive stats off the charts. 

He's just an outstanding footballer and is an improvement on Luz in terms of passing ability, an improvement in Nakamba in terms of defensive ability and is also better at carrying the ball forward than McGinn. All in one player. He's a big improvement on any player we have in our midfield 3

No argument from me. I did take the time and on PL stats tables. I have the fbref tab open. Progressive passes poor. 19th percentile but great in loads of other areas. 50 million spent on him would be better than less but silly money for Boubacar Kamara for example. He would be a good acquisition and it's not my money

Edited by Kiwivillan

26 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

No argument from me. I did take the time and on PL stats tables. I have the fbref tab open. Progressive passes poor. 19th percentile but great in loads of other areas. 50 million spent on him would be better than less but silly money for Boubacar Kamara for example. He would be a good acquisition and it's not my money

Progressive passes stat needs to be ignored. They ignore any passes from the defensive 40% of the pitch. It's very difficult or impossible really for deeper central midfielders to record a high stat here. It's the attacking players who do so as they're always in the attacking 60% of the pitch when they receive the ball

1 hour ago, CVByrne said:

Progressive passes stat needs to be ignored. They ignore any passes from the defensive 40% of the pitch. It's very difficult or impossible really for deeper central midfielders to record a high stat here. It's the attacking players who do so as they're always in the attacking 60% of the pitch when they receive the ball

I thought they counted when a certain distance has been reached?  That distance just "expands" as you're deeper on the pitch.  It's something like if the ball is played when in the opponents' half and it brings the team 15 yards closer to goal, then it's a progressive pass.  However, if in your own half, you have to move 30 yards closer to their goal.

4 minutes ago, Mazrim said:

I really, really... really, hope we're not going to include poxy **** Newcastle in every discussion about players.

Everyone is expecting them to just throw around money offering ridiculous wages/transfer fees and somehow build a Champions League quality squad within a few seasons, like someone playing Football Manager 2022, but that didn't happen in January...  Guimaraes was the only quality player they could lure there with large amounts of money, and he isn't going to be the type of player that will attract others to Newcastle (like Coutinho/Digne to us or Robinho to Man City back in the day).  They had to resort to signing:

• An England international fullback in the twilight of his career on massive wages
  • A Championship quality striker, older than Ings, for a similar fee/wages we paid for Ings
  • A backup left back from a mid-table Prem team on loan

They won't be in the same discussion with us for transfers any time soon.  

2 hours ago, lexicon said:

He's clearly a talented player but until the case against him is resolved, I'm not interested. 

I feel the same. I do however, think Lange and Purslow are not dumb and would have got assurances prior to making the bid about the situation at hand - I trust their judgement so far for the club. Gives me the impression that maybe the serious offence was caused by his friend and nothing was likely to come of it for him

33 minutes ago, KMitch said:

Everyone is expecting them to just throw around money offering ridiculous wages/transfer fees and somehow build a Champions League quality squad within a few seasons, like someone playing Football Manager 2022, but that didn't happen in January...  Guimaraes was the only quality player they could lure there with large amounts of money, and he isn't going to be the type of player that will attract others to Newcastle (like Coutinho/Digne to us or Robinho to Man City back in the day).  They had to resort to signing:

• An England international fullback in the twilight of his career on massive wages
  • A Championship quality striker, older than Ings, for a similar fee/wages we paid for Ings
  • A backup left back from a mid-table Prem team on loan

They won't be in the same discussion with us for transfers any time soon.  

In January they were in the bottom 3 so it was always going to be hard to attract players this January. If they stay up then they will be shopping in a different market

They wont be getting players like Haaland/Mbappe level but will be going up against teams like us, Leicester, West Ham maybe Spurs/Arsenal for players this summer

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â