Yves Bissouma

Corleone

3 minutes ago, Steero113 said:

FWIW, considering that we've been playing Douglas Luiz 'out of position' as a 6 for over 18 months now, Sanson would be absolutely ideal for the role until the end of the season.

His defensive stats are mind blowing, even before he joined us. 

Yeah that could be worth a try if Sanson could stay fit, but despite what some on here are saying we'd be mad to entertain selling Luiz without bringing another quality player in.

1 hour ago, Phil Silvers said:

There really is no panic, we are already on an upward path and are not desperate for anyone. Playing the waiting game may put pressure on selling clubs and we get better deals.

Problem is Spurs and Arsenal are sorting themselves out and spending a lot too. West Ham making 50 mil bids. Newcastle if they stay up will buy a new squad. 

4 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

Problem is Spurs and Arsenal are sorting themselves out and spending a lot too. West Ham making 50 mil bids. Newcastle if they stay up will buy a new squad. 

That’s my biggest worry, we are have Man City, Man U, Chelsea and Liverpool light years ahead of us and then you have the batch of Leicester, West Ham, Spurs and Arsenal solidly ahead of us, it’s a huge effort to get those European places for us.

If Newcastle survive then a couple years of investment could see them  competing strongly in the top half and there are a few other clubs with top half interest.  

We have a huge challenge on our hands and for me a big whole in the centre of our team.  

The history of the PL shows prices/transfer fees continue to go up and up, every time we think they can go no higher they continue to do so.

We need to take our opportunities when they come otherwise it gets harder and harder.

Yeah we need to solve this CDM situation and if we do with the wrong, 3rd choice player we will always leak goals in transition. We also need to sign a CF to take us to next level and be Watkins with Cameron Archer level finishing. We need proper new CB to compete and push Mings and Konsa. Cash needs to step up or be replaced

We can't solve these problems this summer. Which is my main worry after we do well to end 9th this season. How can we really bridge the gap

Edited by CVByrne

4 minutes ago, nick76 said:

That’s my biggest worry, we are have Man City, Man U, Chelsea and Liverpool light years ahead of us and then you have the batch of Leicester, West Ham, Spurs and Arsenal solidly ahead of us, it’s a huge effort to get those European places for us.

If Newcastle survive then a couple years of investment could see them  competing strongly in the top half and there are a few other clubs with top half interest.  

We have a huge challenge on our hands and for me a big whole in the centre of our team.  

The history of the PL shows prices/transfer fees continue to go up and up, every time we think they can go no higher they continue to do so.

We need to take our opportunities when they come otherwise it gets harder and harder.

All that except Newcastle was true last season too, but our upward trajectory has still continued.

9 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

My worry is we will not be getting our 1st or 2nd choice players anymore and they will be going to direct rivals instead. 

There are more good players than we have rivals in the PL so lots of players for us to choose from. Losing out on a player that is flavour of the month on Twitter is not a concern imo. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Peter Griffin said:

There are more good players than we have rivals in the PL so lots of players for us to choose from. Losing out on a player that is flavour of the month on Twitter is not a concern imo. 

Partly agree but he's more then just flavour of the Month on Twitter, he's a damn good player. If he comes he comes but we can't be held to ransom and as you say they are other great players our there. 

2 minutes ago, Sulberto21 said:

Unfortunately if Newcastle stay up they’ll win the league within 3/4 seasons. Aramco, Neom, SABIC etc no doubt we’ll see these sponsorship deals for them soon enough.

We have spent about 450m in the last 3 or 4 years and are 11th. How much do u think Toon will spend and don't forget about the likely managerial changes they will have. Man Utd is a much bigger club with a much better baseline squad. They have spent 1Bn on players and 38m sacking managers since Alex left and they can't win the league. There is no chance Toon winning the league in 3/4 seasons

5 minutes ago, Panto_Villan said:

All that except Newcastle was true last season too, but our upward trajectory has still continued.

Not really, we are still 11th and all but Leicester are at least 10 points ahead of us half way through the season.

1 minute ago, Phil Silvers said:

Partly agree but he's more then just flavour of the Month on Twitter, he's a damn good player. If he comes he comes but we can't be held to ransom and as you say they are other great players our there. 

I agree is his a damn good player, I would love us to sign him. But Lange et al need to find the right players for us. Bissouma is the easy choice that fans will make, it would be nice to see Lange earn his salary and not go for the easy option

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Sulberto21 said:

Unfortunately if Newcastle stay up they’ll win the league within 3/4 seasons. Aramco, Neom, SABIC etc no doubt we’ll see these sponsorship deals for them soon enough.

Not a chance, they are so far behind the top 3 and it’s not just spending money but attracting players and club infrastructure.  Plus teams like Man City have bags of money as well and already have a  billion dollar team so Newcastle are already that far behind and the top three continue to spend big and they aren’t going to let Newcastle in easily plus we have FFP and any restrictions, fine and points deduction if they break rules.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Sulberto21 said:

The only way Toon win the league in that timeframe is if a certain bald Spaniard becomes their manager next season. 

There are plenty of other teams in this league that can spend as much as Newcastle and have done bugger all with it. 

Edited by Steero113

3 minutes ago, Phil Silvers said:

Playing the top 3 almost in succession has made us look worse then we are. We are making headway.

Oh I agree but the 8 teams I mention are still ahead of us by quite a bit.  We are on our way but the next step is by far the hardest.

1 minute ago, Steero113 said:

The only way Toon win the league in that timeframe is if a certain bald Spaniard becomes their manager next season. 

There are plenty of other teams in this league that can spend as much as Newcastle and have done bugger all with it. 

The fans do want Rafa back and he is now available, he could very well be their manager next season :)

• Haha 3

13 minutes ago, Sulberto21 said:

They absolutely dont win the league in 3 seasons, in my opinion. They need about a billion pounds worth of players as a squad to gel and challenge likes of Man City across a season. Not to say they wont challenge with time but not quickly.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â