Yves Bissouma

Corleone

11 hours ago, nick76 said:

Not sure I would because that suitable replacement comes with a massive amount of risk.  I think it’s one role we need not to take risk.

I’d agree, Brighton basically  aim to stay up every year with ambition to be comfortably mid table. Therefore if a player takes time to develop it’s not such a problem. Our ambitions are higher and we now appear to be anxious to get a move on and take advantage of the momentum we are enjoying under SG and his pulling power. This needs reinforcing now with a good second half of the season to take into the summer window. Get that right now, (or wrong!) and the consequences are huge either positively or negatively. I think we’ll invest higher money to buy lower risk. We’re still investing in development players that could find us a gem, but that can’t be the be all and end all. Balance. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Tomaszk said:

Brighton look very good without him playing tonight.

They'll be glad to get £50m for him, no doubt.

He is probably a system player. Looks better at Brighton in there system and will take months to adjust outside it or maybe not adjust at all

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

I’d agree, Brighton basically  aim to stay up every year with ambition to be comfortably mid table. Therefore if a player takes time to develop it’s not such a problem. Our ambitions are higher and we now appear to be anxious to get a move on and take advantage of the momentum we are enjoying under SG and his pulling power. This needs reinforcing now with a good second half of the season to take into the summer window. Get that right now, (or wrong!) and the consequences are huge either positively or negatively. I think we’ll invest higher money to buy lower risk. We’re still investing in development players that could find us a gem, but that can’t be the be all and end all. Balance. 

Also Brighton fans are probably more patient than demand the new signings be brilliant from Day 1 like some Villa fans do

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Tomaszk said:

Brighton look very good without him playing tonight.

They'll be glad to get £50m for him, no doubt.

This is very true. 

They'll be trying to sell him this window to take away any of the pressure of him running his contract down and receiving a lower fee later in the day. Brighton are very much a club, like Brentford/Leicester etc. that back their recruitment team to find someone as good for a third of the cost of the player they've sold.

I actually thought this would be the model we would implement when NSWE came in because there was so much noise about data and scouting etc. Instead, we're buying very well known players and now players that are proven and ready to go.

No one system is the right or wrong way to go, as long as you don't get punished or restricted by FFP. I couldn't care less if we signed Bissouma for £40m, as long as we as a club can afford it and we don't end up like Everton in 18 months time. Bissouma is an excellent player and I genuinely think he dramatically improves every side in the Premier League aside from perhaps City and Chelsea. 

He would be an unbelievable signing if he doesn't end up in Prison. 

Edited by Delphinho123
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

Also Brighton fans are probably more patient than demand the new signings be brilliant from Day 1 like some Villa fans do

As long as he’s scored before halftime time on his debut it’s not a problem. Doesn’t even have to be a worldie a tap in will do. 

• Haha 2

We will not end up like Everton if we sign him . But we will end up like Everton if we don't .Stuck mid to lower table . Its not how much they have spent that is the issue. Its how much they spent on players that would not take them to Europe.  I cannot see Bissouma not adapting to Villa or not improving even more under Gerrard. Potter is a brilliant coach obviously but the little things that make you world class. Thats what Gerrard could teach him 

My thinking is that Purslow has a new sponsor lined up that will obliterate what we have earned before. Thats his strength in the past. Commericial opportunities. So we can go for it a little bit more. At the moment our owners have no want to balance the books. They will spend right up to the max they are allowed to under ffp. And this years tv money is around £140 million to us. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Delphinho123 said:

This is very true. 

They'll be trying to sell him this window to take away any of the pressure of him running his contract down and receiving a lower fee later in the day. Brighton are very much a club, like Brentford/Leicester etc. that back their recruitment team to find someone as good for a third of the cost of the player they've sold.

I actually thought this would be the model we would implement when NSWE came in because there was so much noise about data and scouting etc. Instead, we're buying very well known players and now players that are proven and ready to go.

No one system is the right or wrong way to go, as long as you don't get punished or restricted by FFP. I couldn't care less if we signed Bissouma for £40m, as long as we as a club can afford it and we don't end up like Everton in 18 months time. Bissouma is an excellent player and I genuinely think he dramatically improves every side in the Premier League aside from perhaps City and Chelsea. 

He would be an unbelievable signing if he doesn't end up in Prison. 

We’ve invested heavily in the academy, we’ve bought plenty of players that are worth more now than what we paid for them, but there’s only so much buy young and hungry and sell for profit a club can do, teams that do so are very well ran yes but does it get you i to the top 6 ? or is it a case of developing a talent  and once the talent realised his potential he’s off? And then rinse repeat,  it screams happy to participate and be mid table, a mixture of both is the sensible approach if we are indeed ambitious.

I've posted enough times on this thread for you guys to know that I'm a big fan of Bissouma as a footballer, but at the risk of becoming boring I'll say again how important I think he would be to us going forward.

Very occasionally the most pressing need of a club coincides with the availability of a player who perfectly fits that need. Such a moment has arrived.

We will not get the maximum out of what is now a very talented midfield if we don't put a defensive rock behind them. Bissouma is that rock, and Brighton know that 40 million this transfer window is the best price they will ever achieve for him unless he signs a new contract (which he won't imo). The only unknown is whether Bissouma will hold out until the summer for a move to a CL club.

I think that his recent experience in the AFC for Mali will have highlighted to him what it's like to be unsure of first team selection due to the big names in their midfield. I'm sure that Gerrard can do a good selling job on the huge opportunity to progress if he joins Villa, as a major first choice cog in an exciting and ambitious team.

The match up for both parties seems perfect.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

I like his highlight video. Stole the ball back a few times against us.

But I also like Boubacar Kamara - he comes with the added bonus of having played with Sanson before, is cheaper (I assume) and is not under investigation.

1 minute ago, ozvillafan said:

I like his highlight video. Stole the ball back a few times against us.

But I also like Boubacar Kamara - he comes with the added bonus of having played with Sanson before, is cheaper (I assume) and is not under investigation.

Also wants 150k a week.

9 minutes ago, CarryOnVilla said:

Is this dude really a £50m midfielder?

is he really going to ‘transform’ our team? 

He’s worth whatever someone is willing to pay, and yes he would transform our team. He’s more important to the way we want to play than Coutinho. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Zatman said:

No and No

I think he is. I cant think of a better suited midfielder we are able to bring in at this time.

A midfield three to choose from Bissouma, Nakamba, Mcginn, Ramsey, Luiz and Sanson is really good IMO (Carney as a bonus!)

I´d say if we have a possibility to bring in Bissouma we should go all out for it!

• Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â