Yves Bissouma

Corleone

If this was to go ahead it would be the end of the window. Brighton will want to see if they can get a big transfer fee. End of the window is only real point in time we can say tke it or leave it 40m + add ons

tbh why would Bissouma want to move this window? He'll have more offers in summer as his fee is lower.

12 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Players sign all the time when away for international tournaments. 

One for the pub quiz, 

Who was the last player we signed whilst away on International duties?

23 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Why are people obsessed about signing him after AFCON? 

Players sign all the time when away for international tournaments. 

As has been said over and over and over again, the window closes before the end of the tournament if they remain in it.  We're not going to wait and see. If he's going to sign we will just sign him when the deals agreed. 

Not sure they do. Southgate last summer gave his players a week to do deals before and banned agents from being near the players until after the tournament 

With the signing of Coutinho you have to wonder if the club will continue spending big in the here and now to send a message of intent and to secure the interest of players already with us for some time to come. 

It's also not going to be every window that a player of Bissouma's ability becomes available for the price he'll go for, from a club he's going to want to leave.

It would also mean we are better equipped defensively and the need for a CB who's going to be at the standard we want, for the duration we want, can wait until your summer.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Not sure they do. Southgate last summer gave his players a week to do deals before and banned agents from being near the players until after the tournament 

I'm pretty sure most African nations are not going to prevent their players signing massively lucrative Premier League deals, especially when the tournament itself runs for pretty much the entirety of the window.  Not if they want to keep their players happy.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, A'Villan said:

With the signing of Coutinho you have to wonder if the club will continue spending big in the here and now to send a message of intent and to secure the interest of players already with us for some time to come. 

It's also not going to be every window that a player of Bissouma's ability becomes available for the price he'll go for, from a club he's going to want to leave.

It would also mean we are better equipped defensively and the need for a CB who's going to be at the standard we want, for the duration we want, can wait until your summer.

January has always been a notoriously bad time to get deals done but this January with the strange times we've been living in actually seems to be a good time to get decent prices, so many clubs struggling compared to us.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, chrisvilla4 said:

I guess it will depend on how much we are willing to pay and if Gerrard was his favourite player growing up. 

Well if he wasn’t the boy’s a fool and not worthy of even a single SG text, let alone a zoom call. Bissouma out!

We are back being the flavour of the month outside of the normal clubs. People want to be associated with us. Ever since Carragher interiviewed Gerrard on sky before the leicester game the perception of us has changed again. That interview was basically  a recruitment video. . Now with 2 big signings coming in and the suggestion of more its time to increase our commercial appeql again. Once Grealish left loads of rivals just forgot about us again. Now we see loads saying we are playing good football and buying proper players. The fact we have 2 youth players making waves as well. All of it together gives the right perception. Even i feel like we could be bigger than we ever have commercially now. We have such an exciting forward line . People will be tuning in expecting goals and skills galore

• Like 1

2 hours ago, PerryBarrPet said:

SKY saying again that we are still interested in Bassouma. Anyone believe this is going anywhere?

As the Monkees proclaimed in 1967 .... "I'm a believer".

Edited by villabromsgrove
Damned auto correct!

Gerrard did say he wanted two quality players for every position; currently with Marvelous out we have none for that position.

I'd imagine Villa will be trying to sign one of these: Zakaria - Bissouma - Endo.

Didn't realise Endo was club captain of Stuttgart.

2 minutes ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

Gerrard did say he wanted two quality players for every position; currently with Marvelous out we have none for that position.

I'd imagine Villa will be trying to sign one of these: Zakaria - Bissouma - Endo.

Didn't realise Endo was club captain of Stuttgart.

Stuttgart are having a disaster of a season. Not sure they be selling the captain in a relegation battle 

22 minutes ago, villabromsgrove said:

As the Monks proclaimed in 1967 .... "I'm a believer".

The Monks? 

They did "Nice Legs, Shame About Her Face". 

Probably what Bissouma says to all the laydeez. 

• Haha 2

Come the end of the window there are only 7 games between end Jan (say 8 if we have a game rearranged) and after the international break at end of March. Marv is supposed to be out for 12-16 weeks. So if it's 14 or 15 he'll be fit from April onwards for the final 8 games and maybe a rearranged game too. 

I'd say on the balance of things we'll wait until summer as the price won't be right for Bissouma this month.

2 hours ago, CVByrne said:

Come the end of the window there are only 7 games between end Jan (say 8 if we have a game rearranged) and after the international break at end of March. Marv is supposed to be out for 12-16 weeks. So if it's 14 or 15 he'll be fit from April onwards for the final 8 games and maybe a rearranged game too. 

I'd say on the balance of things we'll wait until summer as the price won't be right for Bissouma this month.

We won’t get Bissouma in the Summer.

• Like 3

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â